Best games from the Playstation2, Gamecube and Xbox generation?

PineapplecakesPineapplecakes Posts: 66Member Beginner
(handheld games allowed too)

Comments

• CyrilicCyrilic Posts: 109Member Trainee
    PS2: Dark Cloud 2, Ratchet and Clank: Going commando, Ape Escape 3, Kingdom Hearts I and II, Star Ocean, Till the end of Time

Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Tales of Symphonia, Kirby Air Ride. Warioware Mega Microgames (Really good fun couch multiplayer game) Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker,

GBA: Medabots: Rokusho/Medabee version, (Im serious, great RPG with unique combat system and pretty witty dialog, if you enjoyed the old anime) Legend of Zelda; The Minish Cap, Astro Boy: Omega Factor (I'm serious about this too.) Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak ( I AM SERIOUS. Imagine Zelda but with all puzzles and no monsters, thats this game, it even has zelda references!)

Honestly, GBA had some really good licensed games.

• MoonternityMoonternity Posts: 22Member Beginner
    reece how can you talk about PS2 games and not mention final fantasy x lmao

also Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is a damn fine GCN game
    Honestly? I'm more offended at myself forgetting about Paper Mario: TTYD. it was like 2 am i was too sleepy.

God, i love TTYD. legit laughed at some of the scenes in that game. 

Can't say i cared much about FF 10 though . Then again, turn based rpgs just don't hold my interest. prefer real time combat or full on strategy RPGs like FFT (The previous ATB system in the few FF games before that was good tho). Story wise i can't judge though.
    Ughh bring back post editing.

I meant to say that they don't hold it as often*. Needs a fun gimmick in a turn based to keep me hooked. Since i obviously loved TTYD
  • MakimokeMakimoke Posts: 116Member Trainee
    All 3 consoles had a real big bunch of great games so here's a few of them I can remember on the top of my head (not counting those already told here):

.hack series, Shin Megami Tensei/Persona series, TimeSplitters 2, Ar Tonelico series, Grandia series, Odin Sphere, Atelier Series, Devil May Cry series for PS2...

Gamecube had Monkey Ball series, Baten Kaitos, Zelda 4 Swords Adventure, FF Cristal Chronicles, Mario Smash Football, Billy Hatcher, Pokémon Colosseum+XD, Bomberman Generations (Jetters was shit tho, even tho I quite liked the anime)...

GBA had the Metroidvanias, Mario Tennis&Golf(GC versions were shit compared to GBA), Golden Sun series, Medabot RPG (yeah, said I wasn't going to count those already told, but this is a really unknown gem), Pokémons, Mario & Luigi SuperStar Saga, Megaman battle network series, KH Chain of Memories, Sonic Advance series and Battle and Pinball (one of the best pinball games I've played), Summon Night 1 & 2 (imho the best ones, before they went for the strategy RPG aspect in later versions), Tactics Ogre, Crash Bandicoot The Huge Adventure, Sword of Mana, Riviera the Promised Land, Yggdra Union...

There's just too much to be naming them all.
    Hakusen : Judgment 200 (Still mad about that 198 > 197 rollback though.)
    KisekiKuroi : BA 189
    Makimoke : Will be BM 200 / SD 140 at end of event!

If you need help or want to talk, I'll be glad to oblige.
  • PineapplecakesPineapplecakes Posts: 66Member Beginner
    PS2: Star Ocean 3, definitely.

Xbox: Dead or alive (personally fighting games are not in my top tier of preferences but for what it was,I thought it was good at the time)

GC: Tales of Symphonia I & II, Soul caliber. Oddly enough I would rate (Zelda) Wind waker and Twilight princess almost completely even. I thought Wind waker was simple but way ahead of its time. Twilight princess was very nice in terms of refinement but it also got kind of spooky relatively quick. Maybe edgey is the right word? Which is why Wind waker almost gets a slight advantage because it keeps all of its "whimsy".

I saw some of Medabots on tv, was the GBA game really that good?
    yeah, its actually surprisingly deep, much like pokemon. you use 3 medabots that you give commands to, they move forward to the "action line" to  attack before returning to the command line.. The type of attack and medabot legs parts determine how fast they get to the action line. But some legs work better with certain parts. Light frame legs are faster than tank legs, but give them a rocket launcher and they'll be slower to use them compared to the tank.

Once you figure out how part effects, targeting. and stats work, you can get creative with team setups and building good medabots that complement each other on your team. Not to mention using medaforce at the right time. 
  • DavidDeBergeracDavidDeBergerac Posts: 5Member Beginner
    GBA: Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald versions, Megaman Battle Network series, Sonic Advance 1-3, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

GameCube: Luigi's Mansion, Smash Bros:Melee, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Eternal Darkness, Zelda Twilight Princess, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

PS2: Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, God of War, God of War 2, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3

Xbox: Blinx The Time Sweeper (The first one, the second one was booty), Halo, Halo 2, Shenmue 2, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee