new job type

hey guys, I have a suggestion for a new job type in the game. Arctic Scout. this would be an adventure type job, perhaps with a quest in Stockholm or St Petersburg to obtain. Skills could be Lookout as expert, favored for rowing, frugality, caution, geography, recognition, navigation and perhaps even search or collect. arctic scouts preceded sailing ships through the arctic zones in rowboats looking out for ice floes and icebergs in the 18th and 19th century so there is precedence. just a thought.

Comments

• Sounds cool but there's something you should know about this game. This game is just a copy and paste of the Asian servers what they do usually comes to us within 6 months to a year's time. This means that any suggestions for new content or game features aren't going to get done and it's been this way since the game started. Papaya Play is just a publisher they just host the game do events sell the ships thats it.

Your only way to get new content is if the players create it themselves through events or roleplaying or wait for the asians servers's content. This is why I love player events so much its really the only way you get new content outside of waiting for Koei's copy and paste content from Asia.

Now there HAS been a handful of instances where the games' code was edited outside of asia updates and thats was when an update completely broke the game ie. Botched Forged tools or piracy changes. This requires a majority of the server complaining or quitting to make happen though... :P

• We need ultimate jobs.

Dungeoneer

Expert: Trap

Skills

1. Throwing

2. Swordplay

3. Sword Mastery

4. Gunfire

5. Sniping

6. Bow Attack

7. Archaeology

8. Geography

9. Biology

10. Ecological Research

11. Marching

12. Survival

13. Search

14. Unlock

15. Provision

16. Merchandise Knowledge

17. Plunder

Viking

Expert: Rowing

Skills

1. Steering

2. Abroadage

3. Evasion

4. Assault

5. Guard

6. Plunder

7. Tactics

8. Leadership

9. Gunnery

10. Accuracy

11. Swordplay

12. Sword Mastery

13. Bow Attack

14. Sail Handling

15. Survival

16. Marching

17. Repair

Geomancer

Expert: Linguistic

Skills

1. Swordplay

2. Archaeology

3. Search

4. Recognition

5. Unlock

6. Procurement

7. Collection

8. Storage

9. Geography

10. Marching

11. Surival

12. Handicrafts

13. Wares

14. Ores

15. Repair

16. First Aid

17. Trap

Innkeeper

Expert: Accounts

Skills

1. Cooking

2. Storage

3. Seasoning

4. Livestocks

5. Spice Trading

6. Perfume

7. Dyes

8. Luxuries

9. Alcohol

10. Fishing

11. Sociability

12. Food Trading

13. Wares

14. Handicrafts

15. Procurement

16. Collection

17. Eradication

Master Tailor

Expert: Sewing

Skills

1. Accounts

2. Sociability

3. Casting

4. Handicrafts

5. Fabrics

6. Textiles

7. Dyes

8. Perfume

9. Crafts

10. Arts Trading

11. Firearms

12. Weapon Trading

13. Storage

14. Collection

15. Metal

16. Jewelry

17. Repair

Colonel

Expert: Arms

Skills

1. Reloading

2. Accuracy

3. Gunnery

4. Penetration

5. Assault

6. Guard

7. Swordplay

8. Sword Mastery

9. Repair

10. 1st Aid

11. Ballistic

12. Leadership

13. Tactics

14. Mining Laying

15. Mining Detection

16. Provisions

17. Rescue

Appraiser

Expert: Appraisal

Skills

1. Arts Trading

2. Crafts

3. Artworks

4. Search

5. Accounts

6. Sociability

7. Theology

8. Archaeology

9. Unlock

10. Recognition

11. Repair

12. Collection

13. Handicrafts

14. Storage

15. Linguistics

16. Management

17. Observe

• edited March 2021

Interesting ideas but some of them won't work. In all the years of UWO there's a reason why some skills are never found together in the same job, because together they are way to OP. Those skills are...

Sword mastery & sniping

Sail handling & rowing

Sorry guy but wishful thinking.

• Also...

Piontless skills...

Dungeoneer: marching, survival these don't work in dungeons. Provisions is pointless since you don't use supply in dungeons. Also there's no search or eco research that you do in dungeons. Why no theology? Theo is o e of the MAIN skills you need to open dungeons.

Viking: as stated above, rowing and sail handling can't be together. This job is missing first aid and especially casting! Vikings were known for their blacksmith abilities and even their god Thor uses a blacksmith hammer (mjonir) which comes with casting ingame. Also this job should have storage since vikings used to take long voyages on the sea. Maybe escape and rescue are good here.

Geomancer: not sure what you are going for with this job. Why is linguistics the expert when this sounds more geology/geography base job? That being said, why is swordplay and first aid in this job?

Inn keeper:

This job is missing winning & dinning skill. Also thrown weapons should be here since bar games like daggers (early form of darts) was common.

Master tailor: casting, weapons/ firearms trade are not appropriate and are more blacksmith oriented.

Colonel: to many battle skills and not enough diversity with trade/adv skills. This job should have skills like weapon/ firearms trade. Also caution, lookout, request reinforcements are considerations.

Appraiser: again, not enough diversity in maritime skills.

These job proposals are great ideas but need more work balancing the skills. The skills you've picked for them are all are kinda the same small handful of skills which i suspect are just your favorite skills to play rather than skills appropriate to the themes. Very creative though, 2 thumbs up!

• one last thing... Jobs have a maximum of 11 skills (including expert) not 18. They max out because you are suppose to change jobs depending on what task you need to do and to promote co-operative play with other characters. Giving jobs with more only discourages this and makes characters to powerful. This is also why number of skills are capped at a maximum of 52. As neat as these job ideas are they would have to be reduced down to game standards to make them more viable and not OP.

• I know that's why I'd like to see Koei to add those ULTIMATE jobs while they'd be difficult to get quests or something like that.

• Inspired by the blockade runners of the American Civil War, I was thinking of a new job that is fundamentally a trader but is proficient in speed, stealth, and trading in war materiel. Here was my first cut at the skills:

Sail Handling, Steering, Storage, Escape, Caution, Firearms Trading, Arms Trading, Food Trading, Medicine Trading, Fabric Trading, and Textile Trading

Other skills I considered were navigation, management, evasion, and lookout.

Call it a Smuggler?

Add a new Blockade Runner ship that is a dual wheel steamer with EA, Trade Goods 1, Trade Goods 3, and High Lookout.

I think that Sam will find that it is line with current game standards :)

• I've often wondered why they don't already have smuggler job. It would be a good addition to pirate/ filibuster jobs for pirates.

• Its like inspired by the movies titled Vikings and Black Sails that focuses on the skill of rowing and invading. Anyway, I hope that they would look into your exemplary suggestion.

• edited April 2021

Hey Sam,

I'm with you and I thought the same thing after reading the post. Could this also be a way to incorporate a trading element into ESF? It might encourage more people to get involved but who don't necessarily want to do maritime. Smugglers from the defending side try to get into ports under siege and can sell certain goods at really high prices. At the same time, the attacking side tries to stop them. And as another incentive to encourage non-maritime players to participate, if the smuggler is caught and defeated, they can ONLY lose trade goods - not any inventory items. If a player knew that his/her inventory was completely protected from plunder, do you suppose that person would be more inclined to participate? Finally, since the nations are at war, the attacking player would not go orange/red from defeating a smuggler during ESF.

Fun stuff to think about.

• I'd like to see a trade job that has minor battle skills, so far there's nothing. Adventurer has a few already (Thief, Hunter, Ranger, Guerilla) so having atleast one trade job that can fight would be good. It would be cool if they could incorporate some trade/adventure element into the ESF event which would attract more to it. Right now the only non battling way to play would be to do sabotage and fort building/supply runs. Traders can somewhat participate by voting where to attack in order to gain trade influence in enemy ports if the maritimers can take the fort down.

Just so you know, in events like Epic Sea Feud and Epic Pirate Feud, plunder is disabled so you can't loose anything when you get sunk. Also because it's a closed event, you can't turn red/orange for sinking enemy ships.

• I used to use the Caravaner Trade job to use that 100 atk Breech loading rifle as it's trade job only weapon but with the addition of 100 atk any job japanese musket and high atk dual wield gun it has made this job and making that rifle pointless.

I don't even think people even remember that job or that weapon anymore.

• Oh wow I completely missed that job! 😳

But then again, I focus mostly on adventuring and maritime and use trade mostly for crafting lol.

• Whoooa! Upon reading this thread, I realized that I have a lot of things to know about this OL game...🤪

• This game is like going in medical practice. It's so vast now that you can't know everything and really have to specialize in a few things lol