General FAQ Part one.

edited November 2020 in Tips and Guides

The Korean client already has……! When will we get it?

A. Just because a feature is included in one regional client, that does not mean that it will inevitably become available for the rest. Most features in the Korean client have, eventually, been added to the Global client, but whether this has happened for every feature, and the delay between releases on respective platform, has varied too widely for us to make any sort of guess. Unless we specifically request a feature, we usually don’t find out that it’s been added until we receive the week’s patch notes, which are received two to three days before patch day. For especially large updates, we may receive a week’s advance notice. Thus, the answer is always one of the following: “This week,” “Next week,” or “No idea.”

When are you going to merge Helion and Trieste?

A. When did we say that we were going to? It’s a popular rumour, but the appeal of Helion is to players who didn’t want to deal with 15 years’ worth of economic inflation and player progression. Our number of active users has increased a fair bit since Helion’s launch, and we don’t want to lose that by denying these Helion players the very thing that got them playing. There’s been discussion of if/when both servers will share a unified DK server (ie. DQ Square, shared Mitera/Dravice Field, etc.). This discussion remains ongoing, and the answer is and remains “When doing so will improve the game experience, and increase sales.” If you are distraught about a lack of players on Trieste, try playing on Helion. If you don’t want to give up on all of the powerful gear you’ve acquired through years of time and effort, consider why Helion players prefer to play on Helion.

What’s this about Helion being a “test run”?

A. A while back, I made a comment hinting about how our new server, Helion, was a “test” for something even bigger. This was my personal interpretation of some comments that our IT team had made, which applied to our servers in general, not something specific to Dekaron. There are no official plans for new servers, server resets, classic servers, or anything else, short of beer-fueled discussions on “Hey wouldn’t it be cool if…?” If there are any solid plans for new servers or similar projects, we'll make an official announcement, I won't hint at it in Discord.

Why can’t you tell me exactly when/why I was banned?

A. Because even if you are one of the rare few who sincerely just want to know why, most of the time this question is just hackers trying to figure out how they slipped up, to better evade our detection methods next time. Permanent bans are only issued when the account has been given multiple prior warnings, or when there is obvious and willful intent behind the indiscretion. You know, cases where you can’t convince us that you don’t know the reason.

Can you guys unban my account?

A. Probably not, but it happens on rare occasions. There have been cases where permanent account bans have been reversed, including, but not limited to:

• Further analysis of the situation revealed that a permanent ban was not warranted

• The player has remained active in the community for an extended period and made an overall positive contribution

• The account has been active in good standing for an extended period and had no prior incidents of egregious misconduct

• Numerous other cases where we were willing to make an exception And that’s what these cases are – exceptions to the rules.

You can always appeal a ban, but it will take us a long time to get around to a full investigation and deliver an answer, which is probably going to be “No.” If you’re certain that your ban is unjust, the best thing you can do is politely state your case to us, and accept whatever answer we give. Repeated requests just make us ignore you.

Why I gotta submit a support ticket? Can’t you help me now?

A. Most support tickets involve asking about or giving account-specific information. The best (only) way to ensure that we’re talking to the actual account holder is to see that they have been able to sign into the account and submit a support ticket. You’re probably certain as to your personal identity, but we aren't, and thus we need you to go the support ticket route. We admit that support tickets were pretty badly neglected for a few months, and earned a well-deserved reputation for long delays and incomplete solutions. We’re much more on top of things now, and can now safely claim that using the support ticket system gives you the best chance of having things resolved properly and quickly.

This discussion has been closed.