Nanban trade secrets

Hi all

I posted this on the old forum before we migrated. I think it's useful enough that I'll repost it here.

There's a trick to nanban trade that I find most people don't know about, even many players who have been doing nanban for ages. It's to do with data that's available on IVYRO but only in the Taiwanese translated pages.

Take a look at the 'Trade goods' page on IVYRO: http://uwodbmirror.ivyro.net/eg/main.php?id=141

Now click on any of the trade good types, such as crafts for example: http://uwodbmirror.ivyro.net/eg/main.php?id=141&chp=19

You'll see a list of all the different craft type trade goods. The trick now is to click on the Taiwanese icon at the very top of the page. You'll see the same page with Taiwanese text, but also next to each trade good you will see (usually) 4 icons representing, in order, Korea, Japan, Taiwan and China, each with a number on it. The number represents the percentage trade you can expect with favourable back stocks and using a Nanban Purveyors Certificate. 100% would mean a 1:1 trade with NPC and favourable back stocks. Look at glasswork for example, and you'll see that you can get 100% trade in Korea, Japan and Taiwan, but only 52% in China. Jewellery will get you 100% in Korea, but only 76% in Japan, 74% in Taiwan and 80% in China. That's very useful information if you want to try something other than wine runs to Japan like everyone else! Some of my favourites are marble to China for brushes or gumo, tobacco to Korea, and jasmine/musk from India to Taiwan/China.

Critically, you will find that some of the goods you find in East Asia from nanban trades will then trade on for more than 100%. Examples include Japanese Katanas that will sell at 120% in Taiwan. Using this, you can set up trading chains between the 4 zones that are really helpful if you're still trying to unlock different ports or trade goods there. For example:

Katanas (Japan) - Water Buffalo (Taiwan) - Chestnuts (Korea) - Chinese Brockade (China) - back to Japan. Repeat on cycle until you've unlocked everything! You just need NPCs that many companies give away to their members for free.

I hope this expands some new horizons, and helps you avoid the pirates that park outside Sakai waiting for all the wine traders :) If you profit from this info, find a newbie and drop them 10m!

Koli

Comments

• Just giving you props for teaching others :)

• Shim teaching u how to hunt for X X X !

• Err youv can't trade for Chestnut until you hit 32k contribute to Korea. I recommend you to focus on Korea ,so u should buy Scandalwood, Jasmine, Musk, Sapphire, or Ruby from India. Also, you can buy Steel at Davao City. Oh, u can collect Tobacco at Basra outskirt too. That's way you will contribute 32k to Korea at no time.

• Oh, you can trade for Dashima because China loves foodstuffs. But you need to eye keep eye on plague, cold damage, boom, or festival. Hangzhou and Chongqing would be best place to trade Dashima for one of China specialties. Once you unlock chestnuts, u can replace Dashima with it.

Oh boy, I didn't realize that Korea hates fibres, fabrics, alcohol, and firearms till you unlock Busan nor come at right time ie war, boom, etc.