Story quest bugged?

I'm kinda-sorta new to the game, I'm playing with England as my starting faction and decided I should start doing story quest/events to get some extra port permits. All was going well until chapter 9 (Yeah yeah, I know it isn't far) where I decided to talk to the guy next to the merchant first instead of the guy next to the bar. Now it won't let me find/talk to Gordon near the craft shop to continue the quest. During this I went outside of Alexandria once, thinking it'll reset but it didn't. Am I just boned out of the story quests or is there a way to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• It's not bugged, but often it can be frustrating to know where to go or to know what to do because it's not always clear. I've done the Venetian, French, and English storylines and some parts are a bit confusing.

Sometimes you also need to wait 30 days at sea as well.

The Japanese wiki is a good resource for technical stuff like this, and I have included a link below for the English storyline. Hope it helps.

http://gvo.gamedb.info/wiki/?Event%2FEngland

• A friend from the company I'm in informed me Gordon doesn't spawn until you talk to the shopkeeper, not the craft shop. Thank you for the wiki though! Seems promising.