I feel I am losing confidence...

Hi guys,

How are things holding you up?

I feel I am losing confidence every time I lose in a game. I don't know if why but that is how I feel. I don't like to be in a team already because they are blaming me every time we lose. I am striving hard to improve and win, somehow - but when panic attacks, I can't get through. I am having low self-esteem.

Have you experienced this too? What did you do?

I appreciate your thoughts.

Comments

• "If you want something done right... Do it yourself"

I don't even know if you are posting in the right game forum, this is Uncharted Waters. In this game people tend to play independently but co-operative fleet play does have it's advantages at times. Generally though don't rely on others to do something you can just do yourself.

• People who cant co- operate for team work should just play RPG. This game is MMORPG, Not RPG nor Street Fighter ,KOF. Usually those player are consider themselves as NPCs in MMORPG in the game. No idea why a NPC can make so much noise in the forum those days and able to Criticize other player. What a cancer in UWO !

• If you're not happy playing in a team, don't! UWO really doesn't require group play for most things, at least on the merchant and (early) adventure side. I'm not sure about maritime, since that's where I've spent the least time.

There are a lot of games where working as part of a team is critical. If you want to play those, then you'll need to find the confidence to work in a team. That might mean a lot of practice in single-player + bot modes, watching a lot of youtube videos to learn the tricks, or something else entirely. Personally, I just mostly stopped playing the really competitive ones. It's made my gaming time a lot less stressful.

• I know how you had to deal with someone who wasn't happy with your performance as team ,but I am strongly recommend you to play between solo and perhaps 2 toons since you can have only 51 skills at time. That's way you can improve yourself while you should get better ship.

There are several ways to level up your toon.

Adventurers

Final Exams at Sagres is the most effective to level up.

Of course, you will need 3rd toon who will be act as Admiral to take final exam but don't take him/her with you since s/he will need to drop quests then retake quests after number of invites ran out. Make sure to take your adventurer toon with you, while Geo/Bio/Arch are must for lift cap at 60.

Sea/Landing Chart may be boring ,but both will give you couple things: auto travel (land Areas) and 10% speed up sailing (Sea).

Thanksgiving Festival might be best thing for low-mid level toons to level up their adventures ,but it will stop after usually one to 2 hours because you will get tired of procurement/collection. You also can get XP/Fame as adventurer while you're fighting NPC enemies ,but it's unlimited hours to fight them.

Merchant

Nanban/SFBan

Spice Trading

Private Farm at Diego Garcia for Handicraft with jewelery books.

Rare Goods

Make sure you have good amount of cargo ships for trading.

Battle

Battle Report is best bet since you can grind arms and battle skills against much strong enemies.

Some quests such as Officer's request or job quests are good way to grind your battle skills too.

Ganador may be hard for solo ,but it can be done if you have good ship and higher battle skills rank.

Oh, you need to unlock both college and Boston research asap that will help you in long run.

• So far I find this comment to be really helpful. A very good assistance there bro. Kudos!

• Wow, this is a great suggestion. Have you had a similar experience before?

Will do this man, thanks for giving me hope.

• Dungeons are great to do to especially if you are solo playing.