Fashion Flash Competition - *CLOSED*

13»

Comments

• edited September 2021

IGN: [CA]Huseyin_Gazi (accompanied with [CA]BlueSiren)

There was once a lone boy named Gazi, who had nothing in his life.

Struggled in his life socializing with others.

His family was poor and he was always being looked down by others.

Until the day he read some books about the beautiful places that can be explored around the world.

It inspired him to become an adventurer, where he can feel the joy of it.

He grew up and decided to become a captain by graduating from school. ^_^

Instructor Alan was proud to have such an amazing student at the academy, eventually he amazed the professor from Oxford and Franklin from academy association.

He started discovering the Pyramid of Giza, Great Plains, Uluru and the exciting culture at the Far East.

It was a dangerous journey as pirates often lurked, though that wouldn’t stop his ambitions.

Across the world he made many friends, especially when going to the tavern.

He met during his voyage in Marseille a girl named Siren, who is also a captain like him and a fellow adventurer.

She has a greater experience than he did by showing him areas, where he would never imagine to go.

Their friendship changed his life even further.

He couldn’t help to smile bright, which surprised his own sailors and they all had a banquet.

Soon the world recognized them as grand adventurers and considered them as prince & princess.

The captain was very grateful to Siren and wanted to give her something special.

He went on a journey to get these beautiful outfit for himself and her and brought her to the magnificent monument so called the Chinese Wall.

It is said that the length of the wall is endless, much like their voyage has become. <3

-That was the story, cheers everyone ^_^

PS: I couldn't upload due error code 413... the high quality can be downloaded via imgur. Apologies!

• IGN: Fafnir

On our recent relic hunting expedition to Thanjavur, we encountered a gang of armed guards lurking in the tall grass prohibiting us from entering the big temple, Brihadishvara. They called themselves the Ranjeet gang, which translates to "victorious in battle." We didn't want any trouble, so instead of resorting to violence and fighting them off, we decided to put on an impromptu fashion show as a diversion...

Enver, my admiral's aide, (the guy with the pumpkin on his head) emceed for us as he was fluent in the Indian languages of the area...

Enver: "Good evening friends! Have we got a show for you! First up, the legendary monster himself, Fafnir! Check out his elegant style, pairing his exquisite monster hat with an imperial mantle, he's equipped with ferocious clawed grieves and gauntlets, and wields a beautiful ruby studded espee rapiere!"

"Next up we have his aide Sarah, looking mean and serene in green, decked out in a mix of Cretan and Babylonian finery!"

"and now here's Ferny in her adorable dark rabbit cosplay!"

Ferny (who was also fluent in the Indian languages of the area, unlike the rest of our group) :

"HEY! I'ma REAL Bunny!"

Enver: "Yes... yes, you are. Uh notice how her peascod-bellied doublet accentuates her rabbitty cuteness! But don't underestimate her folks, that ceremonial sword of hers is NOT for decoration!"

Ferny: "It is SO! It's for decorating the earth with the BLOOD of MY ENEMIES!"

Enver: "Shhh Ferny we don't want to upset these nice people now..."

"Here's Ferny's main aide, my good friend Gunther! Rocking a ringlet wig and beautiful Deluxe Inca tunic!

Ferny:"Yay! I gave him that outfit for his birthday!"

Enver: "Moving on... to the dashing man in black, our Admiral DD who dons a worn out sombrero and simple western garb. It's simply amazing!"

"Last but not least... It is I, Enver! In my pumpkin hat! I woke up with a really bad headache one night at a tavern to find this thing smashed over my head. I haven't quite been able to get it off since... well I don't really want to as it happens, I've grown quite fond of it."

"Aha so there you have it! And so ends our wonderful fashion show! Fare thee well!"

While we were confusing and distracting the Ranjeet gang with our eclectic style, another team from our company stealthily infiltrated the temple. We returned home with quite a nice haul of jewels, paintings, gold coins, statues and other valuable treasures, most of which will be on display in the Queen's Museum.

• IGN: Makenna'Leigh

I just really like this dress, no real rhyme or reason to it xD

• IGN: Benedetto

As the light dims, shadows grow ever darker.

The Ottomans have risen from their humble beginnings to become a powerful Empire. Their military might, economic strength and cultural influence threatens the European nations. Their forces are now literally at the gates of Venetian territories.

Dressed in my finest suit of armour and armed with my dependable Jedburgh Staff, I have come to Saint Mark's Basilica to pray to the Lord that we may yet keep the Ottomans at bay with our valiant efforts. 😑

• edited September 2021

"A Study in Gold" (aka Avalonian outing)

IGN: Jebi

• After years and years of research i finaly found it: Legendary Land of Gold!😍 Goes along nicely with my Amir coat 😁

• IGN: Rufas

There's a poem by Thomas Gray called "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard". Some of the last few lines drew my attention when I first heard it:

"He gave to Mis'ry all he had, a tear,

He gain'd from Heav'n ('twas all he wish'd) a friend."

I've thought often about my friends in UWO, about how strange it is to have people you will never meet, that live in entirely different worlds to you, yet can be big parts of your life. Of course, you can have friends that you can meet, that live in the same world as you.

But the others are not replaceable.

So it's a hard thing to work with sometimes, it can mean staying up late or rearranging work schedule a bit every month to join them in ESF.

It can cause a bit of "mis'ry", but I am grateful to have been blessed with not only one, but several friends.

Each piece of the outfit I chose I owe to a different friend, unfortunately we only have so many equipment slots so I couldn't fit them all! I thank all of them.

• IGN: Vyse_Inglebard

Dragon Knight of the Seas

(Or, "You're Not Myth-taken, This Entry Will Really Dragon a While; Sorry You Can't Read It In a Minotaur Two")

As voyagers, we set forth each day in search of adventure. But no two people are alike, and neither are the paths we tread. Some seek their glory in battle; others desire to barter and trade, and then... then there are voyagers like me. We plunge headlong into the unknown, seeking new lands and the wonders that lie hidden within them. We travel to the farthest ends of the globe in search of amazing discoveries, and regard every obstacle in our path as a challenge to be overcome -- to be conquered.

I've seen the lands of luxury known as El Oriente, walked the length of Atlantis' immaculate marble streets, weathered many a storm and clashed with fearful pirates... simply because the allure of the unknown beckons me on. That is why I haven't been satisfied with merely exploring new lands, but have even sought to chase down legends -- to see the truth of folktales and myths with my own eyes. More often than not, there is a logical explanation behind them; a frightening beast may actually just be a harmless animal, or a unique geological formation veiled in morning fog. But sometimes... those tall tales you hear in the taverns? They may just be true.

For instance, there is Leviathan. The famed King of the Deep, a legendary sea serpent that embodies savage ferocity which cannot be tamed by human hands. I first met that phantom beast in the Sea of Wonders close to the island of Crete, and endured its mighty power made manifest in the form of piercing roars, scalding hot sea-water, and even icy hail -- such was Leviathan's great power that it could call forth burning fires and arctic snow storms to assail its opponents. He is not only the first such sea monster that I faced in combat, he is the one I hold in highest regard; I consider it an honor to duel him time and again.

It is therefore no surprise that I chose to fashion the Sea Dragon's Mail, Greaves and Circlet with help from Murshid of Candia when the opportunity first arose. I'd been collecting phantom beast relics from Leviathan for ages, and had amassed a sizable number of those trophies of conquest over time. The amount required to produce my chosen armor was hardly insubstantial - but the results were well worth the blood, sweat and tears that were spent in gathering them. Ah, but what exactly do I love about them?

To begin with, the armored plates are a lovely deep marine blue hue, fastened over a scale-like silver chainmail surcoat that serves to hold them together. A pair of dragon-like fins trail from its backside, tailored carefully from the exotic phantom relic material to produce a fabric that is light as a feather, yet as resilient as Leviathan's own hide. The greaves are thick and rugged; it is that durability that makes them ideal for traveling through the harshest of environments or enduring the fiercest weather events. The circlet... well, I don't like how it messes up my hair, ha! But the design is nevertheless quite fun; it perfectly recreates Leviathan's serpentine visage, right down to his ever-angry glaring eyes and tapered head fins.

Strangely, and perhaps owing to the exotic nature of the materials used, the heavy-looking armor is surprisingly flexible and lightweight, almost like I'm wearing a costume made of fine silk. Even the greaves are pleasant to wear, being insulated from extreme heat or cold yet soft and pliant for walking comfortable on virtually any surface. Completing the ensemble is a matching Sea Dragon Sword decorated with a small, coiled sea serpent wrapped around its fiery red blade. Somehow, whenever I draw forth my sword in battle, its blade emits a strange black aura and becomes hot as a blast furnace.

Truth be told, I feel like some kind of a dragon knight when I wear this attire! It's no wonder that this has become one of my all-time favorite outfits to wear. Strangely enough, the very first time I wore it into battle was not against the likes of Leviathan or Cetus, but against an altogether different beast of mythic legend. All because of a conversation I had with Murshid shortly after forging my new set of armor....

But that's another, even longer story. I may just share it someday too! :)

That's all for now though. Cheers all and God bless; fashionably fair winds to you in all your voyages through uncharted waters!

• edited September 2021

IGN: CaliCaddy46

I don't think I can talk about fashion without mentioning one of my all-time favorites. A few years ago, when I finally started traveling around the world, I stumbled upon this gorgeous dress in a local flea market in Spain. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it, but back then I spent all my money trying to find a suitable ship for the travels, and I didn't have much spare left. With the aid of my old friend who I ran into in the city, I was able to obtain it. I did not wear it around at sea because at that time I feared it would get worn out by the sea wind, until that friend mentioned something along the lines of layering clothes to prevent such disaster.

Being in Spain which seemed to be where the dress was originated from, I started wondering about the fine tailor who would have made this at some point. Certainly, there had to be some sort of instructions or books relating to the sewing of such dress. I tried to look into it, but somehow my research got sidetracked into finding a sword in Amsterdam and dealing with a father in Gijon and running errands to the Caribbean.... turns out the lady I had to deliver flowers to lost her memory at some point and the flowers I delivered helped her remember her old memories! She told me lots of stories about the old days and the traditional dances she used to do. I thought maybe that father might know some more details about it, and he sure did. The traditional dances she spoke of was called flamenco and then he mentioned a book containing the sewing directions of the flamenco dance outfits called bata de cola. After all the book was in Amsterdam! Of all the places I've visited in pursuing for the bits and pieces of the information and I neglected to look at my hometown.

The book was pretty detailed with the different uses of dyes to produce rather brilliant color, but it was lacking information about the certain color of the dress I bought from Seville. Back then I thought it was okay and I'd still have several different colors of the dress, so I forgot about it.... until a random request from a scholar in Jakarta somehow led me to finding a map of the old routes of the Dutch army. In the supposed base of their operations in Anping Taiwan, there was a treasure box containing the dress and the bullfighter outfit! How those found their way into the treasure box was beyond me, but I was happy to finally find one on my own. Such is a fascinating adventurer's tale...

Then I returned to Santiago to talk about the discovery with the lady and I took a picture with her wearing the dress. We still talk sometimes. Last time I visited she was worrying about the conflicting identity of her before and after she lost her memory, but it looked like she had settled down and decided to live as her Caribbean self, while accepting the fact that there is a past of her belonging in Europe. Good for her and I wish her the best.

This discussion has been closed.