Does the Ruqun actually drop from the cove?

edited June 2022 in General Discussions

I have serious doubt. That's all I was trying to get, and too munch money later, got 3 ships, 2 guns, 3 ship storage expansions, 1 wood paneling, and the boots(just counting the super rare drops mind you).

Has anyone got the Ruqun to drop?

Comments

• I give up lol, thats it, I spent another 50, got a 4th dock storage expansion(good this this is what I was actually hoping for, because no way is the Ruqun going to drop sigh, and this maxes that out), and a Legendary Broadside expansion tools(.

Yes that does mean I effectively got every Super rare(woops thought paneling was a SR, but no that's just a rare) but that blasted Ruqun.

• The expansion is a much more valuable pull. Ruqun is only around 3b ingame, you should be able to get one fairly easy on merchant chat.

• edited June 2022

Yea I imagine so, for the few who have unlocked the ship storage lol. Ship space is extremely strict. I had to NPC a ship with EA on it, just so I had more space for SB awhile back, as I was full(Ironically one of the recent ships I pulled, is a upgraded version of that ship, so I got a good replacement now).

Hell even if you unlock ship storage, they only give you 1 slot by default lol(here I was thinking it would be 6 starting, and the 4 expansions bringing it to 10, lmao talk about wishful thinking, what the hell was I thinking).

• SB you need a lot of both inventory space for parts and dock space for grading. A primary reason why we are allowed up to 3 accounts for free, so we'll have room for stuff especially if you're a ftp or minimal spending person. I can do modding great in game but never got into grading since it can be a pain for mat ship storage. I've been playing since Maris start and I've never gotten a single dock exp and thats including events in game that offer them as rewards. 😞

• Yea, storage ingeneral is pretty strict(they really should offer things like Inventory expansions, and the dock expansions in the normal UWC store, so people can but outright).

Yea I've been around during the old server as well(It's one of the main reasons the Ruqun being in this cove is such a big deal, I think It's one first time it has been offered on the new servers(same goes for dock expansion evidently().

Yea I only have one account, generally in MMOs I believe in only having one account, but inventory is such a issue in this game, I may have to make a mule account. Yea generally I don't spend alot(and the fact we had a account wipe just because another company took over hosting, doesn't make me especially want to either. Up until last month, I only really spent money for the igor aide(because how could you not, best aide in the game overall, and best for SB on top of that). I sent only 15 last month just hoping for 3 inventory expansions, only got one, but I somehow pulled what's probally one of the best ships ever offered.

Then the Ruqun showed up this month, knew it would be tough to pull, but how tough could it really be right, so I thought. Those boots are probally worth more, but I don't want to trade them, r2 land speed is pretty amazing when you realize that also frees up ornament effect slots/ornaments on display.

• ingeneral is pretty strict(they really should offer things like Inventory expansions, and the dock expansions in the normal U store, sWCo people can a, storagebut Yeoutright).

Back on gama, they sold all the regular expansions in the shop and it was great. It been suggested to papaya a number of times to do the same here but for some reason they never have. One main reason a player will stay and invest in things like cove/ct is if they can atleast get the basics of expansions easy to set their characters up. It's FAR more likely that a player will stay in the game longer when their characters have those extras in effect.

Yea I've been around during the old server as well(It's one of the main reasons the Ruqun being in this cove is such a big deal, I think It's one first time it has been offered on the new servers(same goes for dock expansion evidently().

it's been in before but it's not so common now that prince hernique/josephines clothes are out. They had it in shop during the first couple years of Maris though. The dock expansions maybe once or twice, they mostly offer those as rewards for events thogh.

and the fact we had a account wipe just because another company took over hosting, doesn't make me especially want to either

This is incorrect and you are missing alot of important information. In the past Gama server changed hands a few times without issue. But the ending of OGP came with some controversy and for a period it didn't seem like the server would be turned over. Finally when everything settled it was found that due to corupt code there was a compatibility issue for the Age of Revolution patch that they couldn't fix but offered atleast 'founders rewards' to players for having to restart everything over. Also papaya has given out constant server buffs and xp/skill charms to help people get back to development. Allowing 3 accounts was also to help in quick development. You can read up on alot of this in the old threads when papaya first took over. If you have time to do alot of reading you can access all that though the Archive Forum link on this page.

Then the Ruqun showed up this month, knew it would be tough to pull, but how tough could it really be right, so I thought. Those boots are probally worth more, but I don't want to trade them, r2 land speed is pretty amazing when you realize that also frees up ornament effect slots/ornaments on display.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but those boots aren't worth that much, maybe 500m-1b. There's a r3 speed shoe and 2 r4 landspeed boots out as well. I think they released a r5 speed boot recently as well but I forget what those are called.

• Yea essential expansions should be sold outright in the normal UWC shop, and always be available sigh.

Oh ok, and those clothing comes with SB as well huh? I'll have to keep a eye out for them.

Yea I know it wasn't intentional, and the founder bonus stuff was a big help in getting back up there. yea the XP/fame/prof buff every couple of week is amazing, I just hope another wipe doesn't happen, that's all.

Really, r2 is pretty fast as is, r3 would be amazing so yea, but WTF wouldn't r4 be downright brokenly OPed? At that point, might as well allow people to instantly teleport to anywhere on the mini map they click lol.

• The newer SB clothes are +2 sb, as for the speed shoes the r3 are called feathered sandals. The r4 ones are Claw greaves (i forgot the other r4 ones and the name of the r5 ones).

• Ok sweet thanks, Yea going to have to keep a eye out for those clothes. Lol r5... Sure base walking speed is painfully slow, and even r1 is meh, but do we really need a r5(and I thought r4 was over doing it).

Wait let me get this straight, they have an insane restriction on how many ships you have(despite the cove/commander tickets offering tons of ships), yet they have no issue with people running faster then a speeding bullet? Yea makes perfect sense lmao