Lean Perspectives Should Be Tweaked

We all know lean glitch. It's extra popular in big head mode where you can see only pixels of the opponent's shoulders in maps like Alberon and Rusty Nails. But people will even use it without a box or short wall in front just to hide their head.

This could be fixed by making the third-person view of a lean not be so extreme, and the head be centered and visible.

Comments

• Sadly its not as easy as that :/

• edited January 2021

Why not? Seems pretty straightforward that if in the first-person perspective the view is shifted by 10 degrees and the third-person perspective is shifted by 30 degrees, we should just make them both line up to 10 and 10 or 30 and 30.

It truly only makes sense to me that the head and camera become misaligned when leaning. Resolving that discrepancy would make it so at the very least half the face is visible when lean glitching.

• because its hooked in the engine or somth. it not at easy as it looks.

• Yeah, uh, no. No. Just, you know. Code isn't magic.

• because if it would be so easy to change the ENGINE they would have already updated it to Multicore support etc

• You don't even need to change the engine. You notice how when you lean there is a smooth transition between neutral and lean position? That means it is possible to display the position in-between. That's all you need to do for third person perspective.

The power of SCIENCE!

• Yeah, but the Cam is a part of the engine. i dont know how and why. but i know in fact that its srsly difficult to change it.