Returning after 9 years

Hey there. I started playing this game literally 10 years ago but stopped a (intense) year later. After a nostalgia hit I discovered it's still going after all this time and want to see about getting into it again, even though I don't have nearly the free time that I used to.

What are the essentials that a returning player should know?

Which skills are considered must-have these days for any class? Or at the least adventure focused player like I intend to be? Did anything significant change with regard to basics like this?

Oh and does it still suck up your entire life? :)

Comments

• You will have a whole of things to catch up since you haven't played since 2011 or so. Unfortunately, UWO isn't quite popular game like 5 years ago since OGP ruined UWO then Papaya chose to reset server that caused players to quit. However, UWO has decent amount of players around 1k or so I think.

I recommend you to check sites.

Also, there is UWO fansite at Discord that you can join.

• Thanks, there's a few new ones there that I don't remember. It has been a long time indeed, looks like a lot of new activities have been added in the meantime. This is also why I wonder about any change in the (recommended) skills, perhaps progressive insight has occurred?

• I've been gone for a couple of years, and the biggest difference I've seen so far (in four or five hours of play) is how the school works. Apparently you don't just go straight into the school, there are a few quests to get you started, then you go find the school. I liked the old way better, but it works.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case someone comes up with more information!

• I recommend joining a good company.

Top tier companies really help their members enjoy the game even more.

Talk to players in different companies. See what they like most about their company.

If your company is silent, and you don't like that, switch companies.

• One of the comments that I've encountered in another thread said that the school had been adjusted, I am not sure if it is better now or before since I am just new to the quest.

• Will you still be using your old account? Many have changed like there are new servers and new maps. Though, it's still good to give it a try.