Hello, yaboi Choco, I might've found a solution to fix WarRock FPS Issues.

edited December 2021 in English

Hello,

It's been awhile. I don't play alot anymore, however I have some good news for the people who do still enjoy this game.

I've been playing around with settings and seem to have found a way to make WarRock work on multi-core processors, and maintain that 140FPS that everyone tries to achieve. Let me explain the process of how I think this will work,

Intel has more single core optimization than AMD Does, and AMD processors will always take a hit on older games designed to run on higher Hertz processors like WarRock. That's why my i9 11900k going at 5Ghz gets 140 frames in every game I've gone in, even with Rain on!

But, then you have to ask yourself, "if I have an AMD processor going at 5GHz, why can't I get 140FPS?" Well it's simple, AMD Doesn't put out enough single core performance, they were designed for newer games that utilize more cores to spread the workload.

So, the potential fix for getting that sweet 140FPS even on AMD CPU's, or any CPU under 5GHz.

1stly: In NVIDIA Control Panel, go to 3D Settings, t'wards the bottom there should be a "threaded optimization" button, enable that first.

2ndly, Enable "Shader cache" in the same 3D Settings tab for Nvidia Control Panel, depending on how much storage space/ram you have, select one of these options if applicable--- If atleast 500GB of space left on HDD/SSD/M.2 is free, and 32GB of Ram (any speed), select the 10GB Option --- If you have 16GB of ram and less than 500GB of memory (but greater than 150GB of storage space) select the 5GB Option.

3rdly, if you have WarRock on Steam - Right click WarRock, go to properties, and in "Launch Options" in the general tab, add "-USEALLAVAILABLECORES" (Without the quotes) --- If you don't have WarRock on Steam, no worries! At the top of steam, click on Games at the top, and select the bottom option "Add a non-steam game to my library" and add WarRock, then right click, properties, in the general tab under "Launch Options" add "-USEALLAVAILABLECORES" (without the quotes)

On my old PC (i7 7700k 4.2GHz) I would maintain 100FPS-120FPS at almost all times, except in rooms bigger than 5v5. The reason for this, is the player models + bullets from guns fired, + gun models, + All other textures basically all tax your CPU heavily, but more so on the player end. This is why you'll notice you almost always have higher FPS in 1v1 rooms, or 2v2, or 3v3, or 4v4, versus 8v8 or 16v16. More players = More taxing on the CPU, remember, the game was designed to want more GHz, not more cores. Anyway, with that being said, the process mentioned above should force WarRock to use all your available cores and spread the workload out. I've tested it on my old PC before I got this new one and maintained 140fps pretty easily. On my new PC, since it's running at 5GHz on all cores, I pretty much get 140FPS at all times anyway. However, AMD Processors will not get 140fps at all times, as mentioned previously, AMD does not have great single core performance (atleast, not without enabling the settings mentioned above)

Try out the fix listed above, it's really just 3 simple steps, then hop in a game, and see if your FPS is better. Throw rain on as you've likely always wanted to watch the water clean your screen! (Though, it does get pretty annoying to look at.)

Anyway, that's all from me, yaboi, Choco. And yes, I'm still banned from Discord ahahahahaha

Comments