Game crashes every other 15 minutes

It's not really a bug so feel free to move this to the correct subforum if I am in the wrong place, but I didn't know where best to put it.

I have started playing UWO a few weeks ago and since the beginning the game crashes every 15-20 minutes. I have tried the steam platform and downloaded the game directly from papaya. I have tried different resolutions and performance settings. I have marked the game as secure/allowed in my antivirus software... and still the issue occurs.

Is there anything else to try? infinite kudos for the golden tip.

Comments

• You are not alone...

I have played UWO for more than 5 years and, apart from occasional disconnects, it was working all well. Around two months ago there was an update of Game Guard (I noticed it was downloading update before game started) - since then the game keeps crashing every 5-15 minutes. I am pretty sure it has something to do with Game Guard and antivirus software on my PC. Since I play on my company laptop I cannot turn off the security systems, but even if I could I wouldn't do so, because all other online games with anti cheat programs work well. Kinda miss UWO, so I log in every few weeks to see if they fixed Game Guard - no luck so far...