Goodbye, UWO

It is with a very light heart that I am finally hanging up the towel on UWO. I just felt like it was my time to go, not out of anger or frustration, just out of resignation. To be honest, I'm not sure if anyone reads the forums anymore or really checks what's on here, but I just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you who read this for making the game what it is. Without everyone in the community, this game would not be as amazing as it is. The whole concept of a free to play sandbox video game with limitless opportunities and things to do coinciding with historical information and lessons on real life is completely unique to this game and this community. I have never seen anything like it and I doubt I will find something like it again. The good times, bad times, and all times in between have been amazing for me in this video game. I have learned so much from this game about history and psychology of people, it has been a fascinating experience. This video game has been more than a game, it has been a huge part of my life and saying goodbye is difficult after 11 years.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to give thanks for those who made my gaming particularly fun and memorable.

Thank you everyone in Everlast for helping to establish what it is; that is, a great company with great people. Thank you to my in game family for always supporting each other, for always fighting hard, and for always staying strong! I will miss you guys very much. Thank you MWest and congrats on becoming the new director!

Thank you Team_Predator and Garuda for being great adversaries in the waters. We may not have always seen eye to eye, but love me or hate me, I still respect all of you for fighting your hardest. Maybe one day we can sit and have a beer and laugh about the past.

Thank you Roiber and FUBB for your support and friendship.

Thank you Malacaath, Simon, and Alianore for being great people and great friends, you guys totally rock.

Thank you to all the CA's for your hard work in maintaining the community and helping out.

Thank you to everyone who has made my gameplay fun!

I genuinely wish all of you the best and wish you luck on wherever your voyages may take you, in game or in real life.

Sincerely,

Diocletian

Comments

• Yes people do still read the forums. Not as much as in the early days and even fewer now that papaya has the discord channel.

Although you didn't care for me believe it or not I did atleast respect you as a decent pvper eventhough I thought your attitude sucked. But when in the battle ring it's play skill i judge people by not behavior and it saddens me that our maritime community will be another player less.

Good luck in your next game, maybe someday you'll play here again.

Bye for now Tim, no hard feelings.

Samantha99

• Yeah Tim, you were a decent PvPier, perhaps one day you will become better and hopefully you will one day finally become a worthy maritimer. See Ya.

• Hi Dio,

You were always nice to me, and graciously understood my lack of knowledge.

I always looked up to your prowess as something to model and achieve.

I wish you were staying.

You did introduce me to NightMare` who has helped me greatly, TY again for that.

Very much appreciate your coaching comments.

Again, wish you were staying, but enjoy whatever else you find to do.

Have a great life

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MikeR2, and Ginny1

• Looks like you're back. I see you investing.

Aubin

• im baaaaack lol

• 8 month break

• 😀 I am glad you did not leave for good, Tpaine. I remember you,, and many others. I gave up due to health reasons:: I have circled the drain several times. I turn 65 soon, my hands are almost useless, I am blind in one eye, had my left foot amputated from diabetes, I am bedridden and cannot stand, and I go to kidney dialysis 3 times a week, flat on my back, by ambulance. I wanted to give up and end it all. I play a bunny with afro puffs on Furcadia, the longest running MMO. It's a chat game with animal avatars. You can also build and animate different areas, called dreams. I made the most awesome starship on there. My portrait on here is from that game, Furcadia is also dying. Everyone on that game, as well as UWO, are like family to me. Y'all give me a reason to stick around. I suck at PVP, and never had the time nor incentive to grind or refine skills. I played casually and occasionally. I always keep UWO updated, and I may return. I've lost my company / colony twice. So if you PieRats see me sailing on the high seas, feel free to attack me; you never have, and never will, get tributes from me. All you will get is Notoriety, and some non-Nanban spice. You will NOT get any hate, because in my old age and condition, it's the folks behind the keyboard I care about. More power to you all, and take care.

Love Always, Cocoa-Puff, Cocoa-Pebbles, Cocoa-POWder 🐰

• That was exactly how I felt 2 years ago (when the game was dying), now I'm back!

• Wb Wes. You've missed alot but the game is very interesting now with tons more to do! 😊