Plundering tips

edited September 2022 in General Discussions

Hiya all, considering I won't ever be actively playing the game anymore I just wanted to give my nugget of information. Plundering has always been my one and only thing where I really was good at (as I like to think of myself)

It was also my main source of income, get commissions of others to plunder X amount of something.

So for this "guide" I will explain how I got around 30-60 Special Ship Paints an hour, netting in around 3b an hour in my prime. (Mind you, I had multiple guys who would constantly order about 200 a time, so I had no trouble selling them, don't expect to make 3b an hour right away)

What you need

Skills

Seize Cargo,

Plunder Aid 1 & 2,

Rare Item Plunder,

Successful Plundering 1 & 2 ,

Maximum plunder rank.

Job

You will want to be Filibuster. Especially because you want to have the Cranio Espada title that requires 10k noto. The title will increase the drop rate significantly.

Equipment

Gear with plunder ex, highest rank possible with the least amount of attack power,

(I tend to use Sanctus Ex)

High defense gear,

Low attack gear

Ship

A ship with ~150crew (not too much or your attack will be too high)

Ship skill "Attack Prevention Net"

Ship skill "Command Post" <<< VERY IMPORTANT or your life will be miserable.

Tip, an FC First Class Vaisseau does the trick, albeit it a bit hard to stay alive against the NPC fleet. My personal favorite was my Superior Sovereign of the Seas, it had the skills, the crew and the armour.

How it works

You want to look for a fleet south-south-west of Anping or west of Japan (fairly close to the coast)

Normally a fleet of 3 NPCs spawn, but you want a rare spawn of 5 Vaisseau's (it can take a long time to spawn)

In the battle do never use Bell of Withdrawal, always use normal withdrawal & spam Guard skill.

The "Rare Item Plunder" skill can only trigger 5 times per melee round (if you have Successful Plundering 1 & 2) After those 5 (you can see in chat when it's triggered) withdraw and melee the next ship.

After about 20 minutes they run out of ammunition and water, be careful to pay attention so you retreat on time and don't kill any of the NPCs.

When all their crews drop too low ~10-20 crew retreat from the fight and re-engage. Their crew will be back to full but their resources (water, lumber, ammunition) won't.

Tips

If it becomes too hard to keep them alive I suggest A) Killing them and wait for the next rare spawn or B) Sink all the non armoured vaisseaus and keep the 2 armoured ones, they are the beefiest of the bunch and you can keep swapping between the two.

Bring an alt, when your main goes to port to restock, use your alt to attack the fleet so they don't accidentally despawn.

Have 1 SSP in your inventory, buy it from someone if you can. And fill your inventory with random junk. That way you can only plunder SSP and nothing else.

Let this be my legacy to the game I've spent countless of hours on 🙏

Happy sailing and especially, happy plundering! ⛵☠️

~boo

Comments

• Thanks for the info, sad to hear you won't be playing. How come you quit?

• In recent years I've hopped on and off UWO and everytime I came back it was shorter than the last time.

I've played the game since gPotato days, I was around 13 then, I am 23 now, that's 10 years of self-harm. But on a real note, I just don't enjoy it anymore. What got me hooked back in the day was my first trip around Africa to Calicut in my Trading Schooner, I vividly remember that trade run took me around 3 hours. It was there I encountered my first bit of PVP with I believe was Nukeshaw in his Ottoman Galley. Obviously getting farmed between Calicut and Cochin desperately trying to fill my ship with peppers, as was life back then.

Ever since then I've met countless of awesome players (shoutout BaGGerTM & Dominia) trying to teach me to get better and not long after I got him back. The amount of adrenaline I had for getting that kill was insane.

That high never came back.

I miss random open world PVP, not all the prepared PVP we have now, I miss the random interactions with others. The world only expanded and the population went down. I can't pinpoint the moment this game took a turn for the worse, but If I would guess it was around the EA expansion. And then it became exponentially worse with the server reset.

tl;dr I got older, I outlived this game, seen it all, highs and lows & don't like the current "meta" and haven't liked it for a while.

• I can understand that. We'll miss ya boo!