Aloha Everyone - And A New Game: “Sailing Era”

edited January 2023 in General Discussions

Aloha Everyone!

I’m “Alvaro808,” and I first began playing Uncharted Waters Online in the Summer of 2013. I focused primarily on Trading, though I’ve also done some Adventure. I never really got into Maritime, though I understand why that’s the fun part of UWO for many in the community, especially those who are into PVP.

Before UWO, I was a big fan of the original Uncharted Waters games. I played the first one on the SNES in the 90’s, and the second via emulator in the mid 2000’s.

I was active in UWO between 2013 and late 2017, but stopped playing this game actively after the reset when UWO transferred to Pappaya, although I restarted my account in case I decided to actively get back into this game again. I’ve moved on to other games since then, but I still drop by the UWO forums to see how the community is doing and to checkout the latest updates with UWO.

Today, however, I discovered a brand new sailing game on Steam called “Sailing Era.” It’s from a Chinese developer and publisher, and it’s almost virtually like Uncharted Waters, with its own characters and their storylines, trading, adventuring, and maritime, and the entire real world as your map, set in the Age of Exploration. It’s also (currently) single player, so it has none of the issues involving the player economy (including dungeons), PVP pirates, cash shops, etc.

A demo version of “Sailing Era” is currently available on Steam for free. I’m trying out the demo, and if any of you here in the Forums are interested, I’d be happy to post a more detailed review of the game here in the forums.

From what I’ve experienced so far, Sailing Era is scratching all the itches that I have had, and still have, when it comes to the Uncharted Waters Series, minus all the headaches that have come with MMO and free to plays. It’s still brand new, so it does have the bugs and typos associated with that and with a ported game, but I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. I think this game may have potential to compete with Uncharted Waters, particularly for solo players.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this info with all of you who are still active in the UWO community.

UWO was a major part of my gaming life for years, and for that reason it’ll always have a special place in my heart. Several members of the UWO community also generously shared their experience (and even items) with myself when I was just starting out in 2013.

I hope there’ll always be a place for everyone who enjoys sailing games like Uncharted Waters, UWO, and Sailing Era, at whatever pace or style they wish to enjoy these games (Trade/Adv/Maritime, PVP/PVE, Solo/MMO, and so forth).

These are niche games with niche communities. And I believe any game that helps promote the genre, even if made by a different company, benefits everyone who enjoys the unique and therapeutic experiences that come from a sailing game.

My Best Wishes to all of you, and Happy Sailing!

Aloha,

Alvaro808 😊⛵️🤙🏼

Comments

• P.S. I just read the recent news from UW Origin regarding the “Peace Server.”

I think that’s a good move by the UW Origin Devs that’ll help alleviate unnecessary tension between those in the community who purely enjoy Adventure and Trade and those who enjoy Maritime and the PVP side of the game.

I look forward to playing Origin when it is released on Steam.

Aloha 😊⛵️🤙🏼