Quitting UWOL goodbye and thanks for the fun

Ahoy Mates! Finally deciding it is time to quit the game for good. Thanks everyone for the fun times and special thanks to CaliCaddy and ACME Corp for providing a fun, drama-less guild for my time with Maris. Before someone says "you will come back", please stop, because I won't.

Happy & Safe sailing to all!

~Wsp

Comments

• We'll miss you wsp. You were a good adversary in sea battles. Hope the best for you. 💋

Samantha99

• Take care WSP remember when you started you grew into a god tier player happy 4 ya.

I won't say you will be back but I will say what I always say..."Nobody REALLY Quits UWO" lol whether its forum lurking, dropping in to say hello to old friends or just checking out a new feature and log out some kind of way you will never be just a memory.

Take care Happy UWO Retirement.

• take care wsp :) Safe travels and happy sails wherever you may roam.

• UWO isn't perfect, but it's still a great game. The allure of the sea is often too potent to resist ;)

Rather than saying you will come back, I'll just say that I hope you do. You added some flourish to our lives.

Best of luck in whatever you do!

• Thank you Wsp for your help since the beginning of Maris as a deputy director, until the very end of the company. It was a fun ride. Thank you all members, current and former, couldn't have done it without y'all. Y'all are the superstars.

ACME_Corporation is ending its journey at the end of this month. Thanks PapayaPlay for not caring about our concerns and creating hostile gameplay conditions. Thanks for not doing anything and just observing players leave. Thanks for ignoring all my tickets and keeping things in the dark. Thanks some CAs for helping players leave the game. Great work y'all are doing. Enjoy your little game with your kind of people only in your own league.

Godspeed,

CaliCaddy46

• so things are not that great now? Dang, I may have picked a bad time to come back.

• Hello Wsp & Cali,

I'm still playing the game but since that 3 month break during the relaunch, I haven't really visited these forums much. It doesn't seem that long ago though... when I was visiting them daily, posting my expectations and waiting for news when we could log in again. You both are stellar people and have conducted yourselves with class. It's hard to watch once highly active players, pillars in their community make the decision to move on. However, thus is life - but it doesn't make it any easier. It was nice knowing you. Who knows, maybe the winds will bring you back around, maybe they won't, in any case, my best to you in whatever you do.

• @WesDoobner The game is great and far more interesting now. Don't let a few negative post sway you. MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICE! Just because some can't handle keepind up with others or they don't like certain rules doesn't mean you won't enjoy playing.

• Game is far from dead nor is it bad, Wes. It has issues. its an older game. There is fun to be had and lots of neat stuff to do and see. Sit back and check it out for yourself.

• I miss Wsp

i miss you Wsssspie

love you soooo much

<3

Lothi

• edited August 2023

Fair winds 😎

• WSPy, I too have left UWO. The game is just no longer what I used to enjoy and the game has a toxic administration. Will miss you Stinky Pu.