Direction for gameplay

Hello all, I am a new player.

I would like to suggest that the game can have more tutorials or guides.

1. The community is low. (Not much player online)
  2. No direction or goal when started as a beginner.
  3. Items are expensive but still affordable after a few grinds.
  4. Too many jobs to choose from.
  5. No knowledge of the skills usage.
  6. Leveling is difficult.

When I first started I really don't know what to do and I have to linger around to find out and google for a guide, What I am trying to suggest is that for beginners to have a direction and instructions to guide them through, I believe last time have a school tutorial but now does not seem like it. And for new players like us, we keep wandering around and thinking about what is best for us to be and what do we need to do.

Comments

• Unfortunately, they redid the tutorial and new player experience a few years ago and it is a complete disaster. It's mind boggling that Papaya and KOEI have done nothing of note to fix that; nor have they the ability to understand how much of a barrier it is for new players to get in to the game and why that is really bad for everyone– including them!

There would be more players if the developers and custodians of the game were more competent. But it is what it is. Seeing as they don't do much marketing– it is up to us players to get the word around and bring more people to UWO. As well as doing our part to keep them around.

-------------

With regard to jobs– there are a lot of them, sure. But you really only need to concern yourself with a handful to start with. Just try be in the job that matches the activities you are doing. These days– they have regular bi-weekly exp/fame boosts that make levelling easier than ever. So don't fret about that.

There are lots of skills in the game. Whether that be ship skills, character skills, aide skills, pet skills...Which ones are you wondering about? And do you know about ivyro(http://uwodbmirror.ivyro.net/eg/main.php) and the official UWO wiki(https://unchartedwaters.fandom.com/wiki/Official_Uncharted_Waters_Wiki? Those are both fantastic websites to get info about a ton of things UWO related.

As a new player– you will want to travel to Sagres and do the "school" quests there. That will give you lots of levels, and even some very nice ships to start you on your way. There is the Sailor's Guide, and though it is poorly implemented– it does give you some info and guidance.

Mainly: this game has a wonderful community and a wealth of resources to help you along. So that will be your best bet in terms of getting some advice. Things like making use of World Chat, the Community Advisors(or CA's), UWO's discords– as well as joining a helpful and active company(guild)– will be a great boon in your travels.

Having said all that– UWO is a sandbox game, in the end. The freedom to explore and do whatever takes your fancy is one of its strengths. So while it can be frustrating in terms of knowing what to do, or where to go (particularly early on)– my suggestion would be to not worry too much about that. Take it slow and enjoy the journey, rather than getting caught up in what is most efficient. It is a brilliant game, with lots to do and see.

Safe sailing!

• Try to join a company so you can get help from other players as well. If you go to the admin office of your home city you can find a list of companies there. Ask around on world chat as well fir a company that tailors to new players. This will also increase your friends list which is also helpful if you want some quick advice from someone.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/5181#Comment_5181 There was an error displaying this embed.

Yes definitely understand, I try to share with my friends too to see if they are interested in playing, to get more players in, and have a better community. I like this game too much as it does give the freedom for players to explore the games. And also thanks for the info you share with me, really appreciate it. :)

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/5182#Comment_5182 There was an error displaying this embed.

Yes sir, got invited into a company, and to be honest, the company only have like 2 to 3 member online and it is very quiet. Thank you for the info too, really appreciate it. :)

• Hm. 2-3 people online is rather low. Is it a newer company? Some people do enjoy building one up from scratch and all that entails. But perhaps you would prefer being in a more established and/or active company. There are definitely several out there that fit the bill.

I don't think it's unreasonable to quit your current one. Just explain your reasoning to them. But maybe you do want to stay and grow it– which is also rewarding, in its own way. It's really up to you.

UWO is based(roughly) on the globe, so the world can feel large and lonely at times. Being a part of an active company can really help with some socializing and group activities to fill that void. There is also the in-game World Chat that fulfills a similar purpose. As well as out-of-game options, like UWO's discord and Facebook pages– if that is something you are interested in.

And if you see me in game(though fairly distracted currently with RL stuffs)– don't be shy and say hi!