Scurvy Trader's UWO Log .. Continued

Comments

• April 10, 2021

Not doing too much. When I am working on real life things, I try to have my toons doing land battles.  I did a boo boo with my low level toon. I have been trying to work up the toon's aide. I need the first aide's trust to be 50 so that He/she can sail a ship and contribute in land battles.  Well, I had the toon's aide at 35 trust by just sailing back and forth in front of NA east coast. Well that toon ran out of money and poof.. the 35 trust dropped to 0. Ugh. Back to sailing anohter 30 hours. Amazingly the aide is currently level 5/12/21. and the toon is only 12/31/1. I have set the aid to be a Lieutennant and it gains the 20 minutes of sailing bonus xp each day in maritime.

--------------

As far as MA plunder items, I have picked up:

Holy Creatures of Legent "Pegasus"

Gurdrid the Widow's armor

Thorfin the Skullsplitter's Armor

Anhk of Anubis

Djinn's Lamp

One of the Novice Treasure Exploration maps

and Furniture Modeled After People, Slender M, Slender F, Plump M, Petite F, and Lean F

------------

I was gifted a scythe of .... which is a rare Plunder EX item. It makes getting the item very easy, The two biggest problems are that 1) my gear is constantly wearing down and 2) all of the nations have the hates on for me. Especially the Venetians, I have sunk 50+ of their fleets trying to make the rare fleet appear. Our status is at warring!

After 40 defeats of the Venetian fleets, the rare Venetian fleet appeared! I was low on men and lumber at that time, so i decided to use a Navy dispatch consumable item.  The problem is that as I am high level, the dispatch brought on an Ottoman Galleass which proceeded to engage the Admiral and defeated the fleet before i could get the last Lean M Manequin.  Double UGGH. So I am back to sinking more Venetians.

• it was a Deathscythe 90 att, +3 Swordplay, +3, Swordmastery, +3 Plunder.

•  April 16, 2020

So I have done tons of melee. I have distrust with 3, on alert 1 and Warring 1 (Venetians) . Sadly I cannot improve my relations with any of these nations even with correspondence due to my be Ottoman. For me to use correspondence, have to change back to one of the 6 European nations. I finally got the Lean M Mannequin and completed the MA album. I also picked up the Lion Crest.

------------

I did a ton of land battles in NA and now my aide is 172 (101+71) attack/172 defense.

Levels 64/64/63 

---------

Did gem mining in Cape Town for 3 days straight.. took maybe 40 hours (20x2toons collecting gems to collect enough to make TWO highest grade Platinum ore. (26 platinum ore) I used a mogul Secret for one of them to get a great success.

• That last post should read April 16, 2021...

April 20, 2021

Working on collecting the Novice Explorer plunder items. I may have to delete a toon and make a new 1/1/1 level toon just to get attacked by the npc.  

=====

May 1, 2021

Working on rare plunder items.  Managed to obtain Ra's Disc, Posideon's Jar, Pilgrim Knight's armor. With those, I made .Pendant of the four elements (Fire), Pendant of the four elements (Water) and Reissued Pilgrim Knight's armor.

------------

May 15, 2021

Not much going on. It is very hard to get the Eshu's Chalice and Castle Knight Armor. I have sunk hundreds of fleets and have yet to see either of the Rare fleets that carry these MA items.

--------

I did a few runs into EA to grind up my Eco Recognition and did maybe 100 deliveries to try and get Gifts from influential figures. I was able to obtain Chima Jeogori and Medicinal water. Getting the last few is going to be exceptionally difficult as the chance of getting a duplicate of one of the other items once you have 9 out of 10.. is 90%!

----------

I have been grinding my Accounts skills over time. I am up to 4000/10,000 of skill level R10 going on R11. This is one of the grindy-est of grinds. It makes rowing and Ship building seem like a cake walk.   I was thinking of doing a skill grind list and list the very hardest skills to grind.  I am certain that one skill stands out and i believe it is impossible to get to R15.. And when I say impossible.. i mean you can try grinding it for 50 years and unless the mechanics change you cannot get to R15!  Hummmm I wonder what skill that is and why you can't grind it to R15?

• May 24, 2021

I have been working on Legacy, SoW and SW.    I still can't seem to finish a complete set of Legacy. I collect all the correct pieces, but there is still a random chance that I will get the wrong (already discovered ) clue. SoW is related as It is part of the Lecacy. and SW is also one of the key clues. (To get a SW in East Med)

-------------

What I have been doing is collecting Strange sails from SoW; and Custom Salvage rope, Custom Haul rope from SW.  I now have the materials to make 22 x Premium Full Rigged Sails.   +26V+29H-1T Those I believe sell for about 100M each! I have only made 4 for myself to use.

-----------

Sadly I am at +630 Shipwrecks raised but still am missing the last 3 memorial album items "For the Voyagers Buried in the sea" Man those are hard to get.

• May 30, 2021

So I completed all of the first 3 Legacy quests (7 discoveries for each). I have 11,160 Sophia points to spend on either alchemy of further exploration discoveries, but have not decided what to do next.

-----------------

I take a break from legacy and create a new toon to try and get those pesky "Novice Treasure Exploration" Maps. There are two that require a toon to be Ambushed by a hidden fleet. One is a Wiscock Pirate near Cattaro and the other is Norman pirate around SE of Dublin. Both require very very low player toons.  I believe to get the Norman pirate to attack, you must be below 5th level.. that is 5 levels TOTAL as in 0/5/0 or 3/2/0.  The problem is that it is very hard to not gain adventure xp while just sailing from say London to Dublin. I did about 100 battles in that area and my toon got to about 5/0/3. The correct fleet only showed up twice .. early when my toon was around level 3 total, so I suspect 5/0/3 was too high. I deleted that toon and made a new one. Got that toon to level 3 and it now sits in the correct location and will not hit port for fear of leveling!   After 4h or so.. and 3 shots at the map, I have not gotten it yet.

--------------

I had a company mate ask about pegasus feathers, Went to the Colosseum to do some land battles with aide.. to get rewards for Joint battle with aide boxes.

found company mate trying to do Colosseum battles. I went with him but found it waaay harder than before. I geared up and all but could not seem to do more damage than the top swordfigter could heal. Took me about 40 fights to win one battle. I did not remember it being this tough!!

It turns out that I had swordplay in the skill bookshelf so I was fighting with R0 swordplay! hahah. I am such a loser.

---------

Put swordplay back into my skills, and did a few more Colosseum battles. It turns out every time you use a weapon tech, the npc either uses his own tech or uses an item. It is way more efficient to use high level poison traps to win in the Colosseum. With traps, I can win 5/6 battles there now.

• June 12, 2021

This last week I worked on discoveries. I did all the Legacy Sophia discoveries and then swapped to Art (All completed), Birds (All completed) Fish! and more Fish discoveries. I did not know there were so many fish discoveries found by just fishing.  I am using the Walkerpedia list and check off discoveries as I make them.  I am over 3250 discoveries now.

----------

After the skill boost started this week I switched to grinding trade skills on my alt.  I now have grinded Textiles to R13+2 refined on my alt and have deleted the skill from ScurvyTrader. I have added Evasion as a skill and will be slowly working it up.

• June 19, 2021

I have been working on Adventure discoveries. I am working on , Medium and Large Creatures and Plants.  I m up to 3290 discoveries now, but it is Super hard. How hard? I am looking for a map that is a reward for a land re-charting. There are lots of them. Some I get after 2-3 re-charts. My most difficult one (or unlucky) I have re-charted 14 times and not gotten the map yet! I get tow permits, sewing kits, fine velvet, exquisite dye.. no map.

------------

I continue to work on my land battles. My aide is now up to 177a-176d.

-----------

I continue to work on my farm.  I need to get up to 800 development in mines to be able to make Master Smithy Tools. It is one of the only items that I would use a lot of that I cannot obtain or make. the 800 development takes 400 days of maintaining tools at your farm and going to the bank to develop the farm. 400 DAYS! I am currently around 780 development. 

• June 27, I have worked on

I have 6 missing jobs. I complete the three really easy ones:Missionary, Maritime Learner and Surveyor. Now I am only missing three. They are very difficult to obtain for me. Scout requires R14 Evasion, which I recently did not have as a skill; Filibuster which requires notoriety (I have the skills for the job, but you essentially need to be "red" to obtain this job) and High Commander which must be the most difficult job in the game to obtain. To obtain High Commander you need to do a lot of very high level Maritime battles that cannot be done solo or with an Amulet of the Sun.

-----------

I grinded up Weapons Trading on my alt and refined the skill. Weapons trading is now R10+2 Refined. I still have to work on Art trading. 

• July 4, 2021

Working on lots of discoveries. Changed to Treasure and found that quite a few have a prerequisite chain (20 quests long.. 18 of which are just language skill only quests) starting with School rumors.  Each of the 20 quests has a very long dialogue.. maybe 5-8 clues long and each clue takes about 20 clicks to complete the dialogue. There must be about 2000 clicks of dialogue to go through to complete this chain.  It is sad that I did not even read one line of the dialogue. In any event, I completed the chain and made a few more discoveries. 

-------------

There is another chain of language only quests that i do starting with "Lovely Flower of the Arena" It also unlocks multiple discoveries.

-----------

I have made over 3300 discoveries so far.  There are only 3400 or so on Walkerpedia, but I am sure the game has added more since the list that I am looking at was made.  

• July 11, 2021

Skill boost is on so I do a little bit of Assault/Tactics/Evasion/Plunder/Row grind in Caribbean as it is safe waters. Evasion and Rowing are now R4.  

----------

My company has asked for smoke bombs of retreat. I look up the recipe and find you need and aide with R15 Handicrafts . I only have an R15 Chef and R15 Sewing aide. I will swap one of my aides out for Urbain as he has Handicrafts and Casting. That way I can make anything in quarters going forward. It will also unlock the Master smithy tools as my farm tech level is over 800 in Mining and it also requires an aide with R12 Casting.

----------

I will also work towards defecting to Spain so that I can do an efficient evasion grind. It cannot be done as a Turk as the Ottoman do not have a council in Havana or any other city.  The quest used for the evasion grind is an imperial quest, so I need to change my nationality. 

• July 16, 2021

skill boost is on again.

I send my aide to the National Fleet and make a new aide. This next one has to have casting and handicrafts. I already have an aide with sewing and one with cooking. When this aide gets leveled, I can make any aide production item that requires R15 aide production skill.  Smoke bombs of Evasion; Master Smithy Tools etc.

-----------

With my new aide, I load up on aide food from the bazaars in Seville and move to Boston where I do chicken-egg production. in 4 days I get my new aide Urbain to

14/18/10. His stats are already 98,86,42,51,47.  It will take me another 1-2 weeks to get them all to 100's

----------

While I am cooking up a storm, I pass 715 Boston College theses completed!

---------------

I do my skills grind. I take the Imperial quest from Santiago and grind up my evasion to R10.  I row with my Galleass everywhere and get rowing up to R7. I also do a bit of gunfire grind, R14+2R; and Animal trade up to R14+2R.

• July 24, 2021

Skill boost is on for a second week in a row. I grind evasion to R14 fairly quickly and keep working on my aide's levels and stats. Urbain is now

20/26/15 100/93/53/62/67/63.

-----------

I am building up blue ore in my farm and have my aid set to make smoke balls.

-----------

There is a new Legacy quest, but no guide in the forums yet.

----------

There are new 20gun cannon recipes but the notice from Papaya does not say where the recipes are. I will look up Ivyro. I am pretty sure they are part of the Legacy quests and require Sophia points to make. 

• July 31,

Urbain is now 26/35/20 100/100/83/83/83/84. It should take me a few more days and then I can start making Aide Production R15 handicraft Smoke bomb of retreat. I have been making smoke balls for the last 2-3 weeks now and will have lots when I use them to make Smoke Bombs.   My main aide is now 66/65/64 att 180/def 180!

-----------             

I discovered the new recipe for the 20 cannons is in Plymouth and requires lots of skills/and alchemy components SoW, orichalcum etc. once I finish my aide grind, I will make a set! I wonder how much they would sell for.

-----------

Scout job is also on the list of things to do.

•  August 7

I got my new aide to all 100's and start Aide Production in quarters R15 Handicraft Smoke balls.   Every day I need to collect white ore in NA east Coast-Niagra River Basin and make Saltpeter. I load up my quarters with Saltpeter, Sugar and Mortars and start production.  Step 2 in that is to take the smoke balls and turn them into smoke bombs of evasion.

------------

So I finally decided to defect from Ottoman. I am now English and am able to take the IQ in Santiago. "Wipe out the Caribbean Pirates" (The Turks do not have a Consul, so you cannot take this quest)

I tried the quest with a low armor boat with plates, but the plates quickly ran out of durability and then I was not able to repair fast enough. You need about 50 armor to be able to take shots from 10 "Commoditiy Plunderers" and repair.  This is probably one of the easiest grinds if you have 50 armor and at least R10 repair.  Within a week I get to R14 and take the Scout job.

-----------

I follow up with the two Boston College Scout thesis. I need to put an enemy ship into disorder 100 times for the first thesis and 200 times for the second thesis.    Caribbean Waters are safe for this week so I decide to do battle report quests in the Antilles until I complete these theses. 

• August 15. 

Company contribution time. I set up and make Vintage of the Covenant for two of my companies.  I also sail to India and pick up a load of silk to make 100 velvet Justacorps to deliver for my 3rd company.

-----------

After the update on the 18th, I spend time completing my last trade skill refinement. It is Art trading skill and only happened because there has been no PO3 EA good showing up in San Francisco for the last two months, so I have extra PO3's. Art Trading is refined and now back up to R6+2 Refined.

--------

I do one more evasion grind and get my evasion up to R15. It cannot be refined.

--------

I also work on my rowing R8 now and an Ecological Research. I do 30 R15 maps in EA and 30 deliveries to the influential people cities in EA. I get 5 gifts from influential people. All are duplicates in my MA album.   Sigh...

• August 23.

I go back to working on MA albums and start doing useless dungeon runs. I get no XP, My aide gets no  XP and no land battle xp as my aide's level is too high.   I was able to obtain two items from Syracuse; Catacombs' Short Sword and Burial Goods Amulet.

I was also able to obtain Isis Talisman from Luxor.

----------

After a bit of MA item hunting I switch to Biology discoveries "Fossil" I am missing 6. I start doing land charting in the Rocky Mountains and Siberia. Re-chart, re-chart, re-chart until I get the biology map as a reward and then make the discovery. I complete 5/6 Fossil discoveries. I will have to come back and re-chart the Rocky mountains again when I am no longer sick of it.  

• August 29, 2021

I do a few discoveries of fossils from land charting and then swap to plant discoveries.

My method is to bring up the latest Walkerpedia list of discoveries and then compare the Walker list to my list of discoveries. Then I highlight the missing discoveries and then go do what is needed to find them. They are mostly re-chart reward maps. So I am doing a ton of them. There are 4 in the Rocky mountains outside of Tacoma. I charted that area +15 times to get 2 of the 4 maps. How exciting.

----------

India is safe waters this week so I sail over and do a quick BR with no cannons. I just melee away.

---------

Back to doing a few discoveries. I unlock the 4th legacy quest line by taking the simple quest "A Fragrance Envied Even by the Home of Aroma" from Seville. I now have the

"Wisdom of Scent/Captivating Aroma" in my Book of Wisdom. The only problem is that there is no guide to discovering the different clues posted anywhere.  I guess I will wait on this one.

---------

I finally completed the "Gold Lover" Memorial Album. This Album page is only 5 items in it, but it took me a over a year to complete.  Each item only shows up at the gold nugget exchange once per month and quite often it is a duplicate of an item I already had.  I spent a day at the gold fields in NA West Coast to get a 18,000g nugget to exchange for the Sheriff's coat.

• September 4, 2021

Stopped working on discoveries. It is tough re-charting a zone 10 times to get one map. I am at 3330 discoveries.  

---------

There is a salvage boost going on. 

Less water/food consumed while at sea, Higher chance of getting a rare wreck, greater success while raising a wreck and less chance of haul ropes breaking.   I switch to doing SW for a few days.  

------------

Obtained Rokkuaku Reishi China Memorial Album item;  Gifts from Important Figures #5

==========

September 11, 2021 

So there was supposed to be a boost to SW. The chance of getting a discovery or MA item should be higher. I did about 50 SW in the last week. Zip. I am still 7/10 for Treasures Buried in the Sea.  I am at 729 SW raised. 

• September 18, 2021

Working on a bit of trade skills, Farm technology and aide production. 

My Art Trade is now R10+2 My Textile trade is now R13+2R, My fabric trade is now R15+2R (max).   My farm mining tech is high enough to make colored ores. I now have the recipe for Master's Smithy Tools and can make them on demand, with the right cargo. I also have my aide production set up to make smoke balls/smoke bombs of retreat. I put 60 in my Maritime company for their ESF adventures.

--------------

Worked on grinding my Accounts skills up. Used up 43 Renegotiation certificates.

R10+6 Accounts, R12+8 Sociability. 303 successes. That averages 6.88 successful negotiations before no further negotiation is possible. I did achieve 11 successful negotiations in a row (success, trade, success trade, etc) before I was no longer able to negotiate. 

•  Sept 25, 2021

A company mate of mine asked me to help him make Ancient Green wooden paneling for his ship. He gave me the parts. I have the skills and lots of Sophia points but the recipe did not show up at my quarters lab benches.  So I posted a question on the forums.  No replies.

-----------

To take matters into my own hands, I thought this may be only unlocked for players that have done the 4th Legacy quest. Aroma.. etc.  I have not done it as there is no guide to where to get clues. So I have decided to explore any clues on Google and what I can find on my own. I activate the quest from my Book of Wisdom and just keep playing. 

• Oct 2, 2021

Found a nice Archeology map in St. Petersberg "Map of Roman History Book". The discovery is Ab Urbe Condita Libri R10 unlock/Search/Archeology.

I needed to activate my Archeologist Growth 1 and 2 so I could grind up my skills.

Made R16+3 archeology and R16+2 Search. I did 4 trips x 25 maps for a total of about 7000 unlock/12000 search grind 16k adventure fame and 200 qmps'. The maps unlock in Istanbul Archives and Rossana on the South end of town is the correct NPC to report Historic Relics to.   

This map tied well into my Legacy 4 exploration as one of the clues is found in St. Petersberg Cathedral and another is found in the Istanbul Archives.

-----------

I also did a quick trade grind and made R12+2 Weapons Trading and R17+3 Spice trade in job, no aide, items or college boost needed. 

• Oct 5, 2021

Doing endless dungeons in Atlantis. did about 100 levels to finally get "Crown of Sacred Tree" recorded in the Treasure in a Mythical Temple collection. 

---------

I made 300 Pure iron sheets at my farm and took them to Atlantis with marble and silver and made 10 Terra Amina. 3 of them were great successes and produced 100a, 25d clubs.

-----------

Found a guide on Railway, Franban and LEGACY (all 6 legacy) by Beomioni, JPN,Witty and JPN's Blog. I am not certain who put all the pieces together and created the web page, but I think It is Beomioni. The original untranslated text looks Korean.

---------

I spent a week alternating between Legacy quests and Atlantis.  I did 12 Legacy (Aroma quests and discovered 2,4,6,8,10 positions.) I need two more discoveries the top center and the center discoveries to complete the whole legacy. 

• October 18, 2021

there is a new feature in the game for two weeks. Every day a new european Capital and its teritory in Europe is blessed with a trade boom and the market rate for specific types of goods.. 3-4 types have a one day, un-crashable 250% trade bonus. ie. today in England, Alcohol, Precious Metals and Wares were all being purchased at 250% of the normal price.  I brought back bamboo, Taiwan Miju and Japanese Paper and sold them all for over 110,000 ducats each.

Post edit. They took this feature out or it was temporary.

• Oct 26, 2021

Completed a skill grind and finished Archeology. R17+3 in job now. You need to have the Archeologist Growth (Boston College) Skill active to be able to go past R16.  At the same time, I got my recognition to R10+2. The map is of the R12 trading post outside of Bahai; Seville Geography map. You can report the discovery at Bahai and make the discovery again. I did about 75 of these maps during the skills boost.  I also got my Ecological Research back to R11+2 with the R15 river shark map outside of Hangzhou; San Fran Bio Map. I did about 25 of those maps and reported them in Anping. ( I made a delivery in Anping every time but made no new MA discoveries.)

-------------

Oct 29, 2021

Mining in Cape Town.  There is a mining boost on this update and the large nuggets and gemstones found are supposed to be larger than normal. I decide to spend the next week mining in cape. The largest gem i have found is 1311 carats.  Good enough to get me 2 Special Delivery Notes (for company contribution) and one Mogul Secret.  I am also collecting platinum ore to make the MA items.  I still have several to go.

• Oct 31,

I spend some time doing Aide battles in the Colosseum I have decided that unless I am grinding my melee skills, doing Colosseum battles in Rome is better for my aide than Battle reports at sea. I would say in 2h, I can pick up enough chests, that at i will get at least 2 Aide Voyage record worth 30k aide xp each. I put them towards Maritime and my aide gets the same xp as if we were doing a BR in the Black sea.

I need a ton more platinum ore. so I go back to and then go back to mining in Cape Town.

========

Nov 7, 2021

No more Special Delivery Notes in Luanda.. too bad. The mining bonus is on for a few more days but I think i will be in North America or the Colosseum for land battles. I collected a total of 30 platinum ore during all that time of mining. After a few more days,  I have done a few hundred battles in the Colosseum and obtained many +30,000 aide xp boosts. They all go to Maritime. My aide is close to 104+83 at land battles.

--------------

I randomly do Ship Wrecks if I am in the correct area. I just keep pulling them up so that I can get a Red Sea SW. If I do, I use it as part of the Fragrance Legacy Quest. I sill have to get the discovery for position 12'oclock and the center discovery.  The SW from the Red Sea is one of those critical clues.

---------

On a side note, not much Veg oil has been purchased from my Company Shop so I usually have around 800 extra veg oil every day after collecting white ore and lumber. 

With the extra veg oil, I have been making and upgrading high defense boots. I have made 4 sets of 100d boots in the last 30 days or so.  They sell for 100M each in an aide bazaar in Seville. Nice!

• Nov 11, 2021 Rememberance Day in Canada.

Woot! Rattan Shield was recorded in the "Gifts from Influential Figures (No.4)

Collection Theme for Memorial Album is complete! Gifts from Influential Figures (No.4)

It only took maybe 300 or so deliveries to Anping to get all 10. I was doing.

------------

There is a huge XP boost on now for low level players. It is a great time to start a new toon. if you are under level 30, the xp boost is +400% even if your over level 80+ you still get +100%. I don't get any xp for my toon, but my aide gains xp as if it was my level, so I have been grinding my aide's trade level up. My aide is now 68/71/67.

------------

During this last week, I have gotten my rowing skill to R10 and my accounts skill is now R11. 

• Nov 21, 2021

I am trying to work up my aide maritime levels, so I work on Battle reports. The +100% xp boost works even though I don't get any xp, my aide gets the bonus. I do BR with no cannons and just grind up Assault, plunder and Rowing. 

-------------

I find that there is a ton of lantern/wuxu in London. I decide to spend some Ducats and raise my aide's trade level. My goal is to get my aide to level 73 trade so she can sail a Susan Constant and I can my main toon's cargo by 120 or so.

------------

By far the best nationality to be in the mid part of your trading career is English. Wuxu is regularly on Trade at 115-120% in one of the nearby cities.  I have about 100 re-negotiation demands and when I am buying xp for my aide. I put on the Millionaire title and gear up to get my sociability and Accounts skills up to max.  I almost always trade with 3 successes in a row now. The third success does not give that much boost but it helps a bit. I will have to track the trade and see what each success gives. I have been able to get Wuxu up to +70K per good with a very good starting % (+125% and three successes during negotiations. The next time I try trading, I will do some tracking and report it if I remember.

• edited April 2022

I am going to start adding photos to my blog. I can't go back 6 months and take a screenshot of my Aide info.

This is my Aide Stats today. April 24, 2022. 195 attack/199 defence!

• Dec 5, 2022

I have gotten my aide up to level 73 and put her in a Susan Constant. I did one mod and the cargo capacity is 1111.

----------

I have been doing a few battle reports to work on my skills. I almost always sail around now as a Pirate. Even when doing Legacy or Ship Wrecks. Piracy favors

Plunder, Assault, Rowing so those are my main skill grind focus. I minor in Surgery and Leadership as well as those skills are below level R10.

----------

I have completed 2 of the new Rhodes Legacy quests and will continue to keep at it until I get them all.  

----------

As part of the Legacy quests, I have begun to debate myself! (alt) I just put the combo cards into my deck and debate an alt until i manage to get the correct combo for the appropriate legacy clue. It takes 5-6 full debates, before the combo shows up in the dealt cards and I can play the combo.  Nice! one more thing I am learning in this game.

===========

Dec 12,

Skills grind. Did 4 battle reports in the Indian Ocean. Just worked on Assault, Row and Plunder. Made R11 Row and R13 Assault. When the skills boost is off, I keep doing Legacy quests. I have over 16,000 Sophia Points. I changed to the Maritime Mentor Job and acquired the new Detoics Skill.  It is a high explosive's skill that is required to make the new cannons with more power. 

---------

There are 3 components to the new production.

1) skill level in (recipe) production.. is increased, by using your normal production skill, casting AND equipping a specific title such as Cannonsmith "Armor Piercing Equipment" You are limited to gaining one recipe level per day. 

2) Production, requires Sophia points and whatever recipe that shows up in your pursuit production book based on your skill level.

3) increasing your Detonics skill, by using an item manufactured by pursuit production while in combat. It is similar to a normal Cannoneering skill.

---------

There is also another production unlocked by Legacy quests that is not linked to combat, but used to produce campfires and chairs. This production is also pursuit production but makes consumable items that give temporary effects similar to ornament display effects. You can make and place a campfire or chair and place it in an area. Those that sit by or in the item gain temporary benefits such as better charting or railroad effects.