Scurvy Trader's UWO Log .. Continued

124»

Comments

• Oct 23, 2022

Did Ganador missions with one of my company mates Munakoutei. He is using explosive cannons from pursuit production.   They have a very cool visual effect in battle and are very useful in large fleet battles such as Ganador. The main target of the cannon fire takes damage and The special cannons cause an explosive wave to radiate out from the center and damage all other ships caught in the wave.

You can see Munakoutei’s Green Refitted Pirate Ottoman Galleass at the top of the screen. In my opinion this is the best and fastest ship in the game currently.

I have no idea how many Ganador missions/bosses I have defeated. I wonder if there is a way to find out how many I have defeated. You need to defeat 100 Ganador bosses to obtain the title Veteran Admiral.

• Oct 27, 2022

More dungeon grinding in Azuchi Castle.

Discovered Folded Eboshi

Oct 29, 2022

Collected up all my renegotiation demand tickets and did an Accounts grind in London.

Purchased 1 trade good at a time and haggled one time; if successful then purchased the good.  Stood there in London with all my gear on Accounts R11+5 and Sociability R12+8. and purchased for a few hours. Got my accounts up to R11 10,100/12,100.

• November 4, 2022.

The skills bonus finished so I decided to make ships for my alts. They are not on all the time but when they are, I am usually having to sail to them, fleet and drag them around. I make a  Refitted Merchant Royal for my low level land battle toon and a Premium Large Clipper for my storage alt. I did not do much. They are G3 and have a special hull effect from Atlantis.

-----------

I do one legacy quest from Rhodes.  I am still trying for the 6’ o clock clue. No luck, another duplicate clue. I now have level 9; 46,000 Sophia points.  Once I get to level 10, I will start spending points making the Memorial Album Items.   Not sure why I need to be level 10, but seems to be a good idea.  

------------

After doing about 10 runs in the lower level of Azuchi Castle I make Ruin Exploration Rate 5000!

• Nov 6, 2022.

I do more land battles in Edo North vs. the level 54 NPC “Martial Artist” This npc has the R4 sword Techs.    You need high level swordplay/swordmastery and level 33+ finesse in feint and quick to obtain a R4 sword tech.    I grind it out and obtain

Tech #125 Quick R4 Sword Tech “Schielhau” 

=========== 

Nov 19,

Do lots of land battle during the last NA Thanksgiving festival.  I grind up my finesse for Spear and Bow techs. I obtain the minimum for both to obtain the R4 Weapon Techs. I will have to locate and keep grinding to obtain the R4 Weapon Techs for each.

---------------  

Atlantis is back for a few more days and I have purchased special hull effects for all of my ships, except for the row boat which is on loan from my company mate.

I was told these used to sell for something like 3B each.  They are on sale in Atlantis for 250M, so you can pick up one each time you go. (no bank there and 300m is the max you can bring)

------------  

Picked up R4 Power Spear Tech Einhorn; Counted them, this is my 125th tech. 

• Nov 27, 2022

More dungeon grinding in Azuchi Castle.

Discovered Folded Eboshi

----------- 

Another skill boost is on. I pick up 3000 white ore (colony port) in NA and sail to EA. I do 30 deliveries to cities with famous people.  Out of 30.. amazingly only 2 gifts.. both duplicates…. Sigh.

----------

Obtain the R5 sword tech quest in Edo.  Guide says defeat 50 decsiples of Yagyu. I was preparing the fight 50 npc all at one time like the danger rooms in the dungeons!!  Sadly I had to sit there for 90 minutes while the 1 npc respawned and I killed him 50 times. Obtained R5 Sword Tech “Final Slash”

• Nov 29, 2022

Officially completed all 9 Legacy Themes.

==========

Dec 6, 2022

Started grinding axe finesse and spear finesse. Will be working on getting the R4 spear techs and eventually the R5 spear tech.

===========

Dec 12. 2022

Skill bonus on, Grinded a melee BR in India.

Was a ship grading bonus on, graded my small ship to G6 to be used in ESF small ship round in the future.

• December 17, 2022

Completed two more Battle Reports, had Musketeer job active and Musketeer’s growth active.  Worked on my Reloading skill is currently R15+2 but growth permits a R17 cap.

-------------

Completed many land battles to collect more chests. Obtained all R4 spear techs and then travelled to Chongqing and took the R5 Spear Tech Quest. Obtained R5 spear tech “Skewer”

===============

December 20, 2022

Spent two day doing rare plunder on the Royal Frigate Fleet, North West of San Francisco. Sailed East/West along 3010 from about 10360 to 10270. Essentially in the bottom left corner of the Alexander Archipelago. The fleet consists of 4 ships that have 4 different colors. Green, Blue, Yellow and Red.  I had aide/seize cargo active. High refined plunder skill, Oxford Plunder aid 2, Oxford Rare Item Plunder active. I equipped a Deathscythe Plunder EX item (increase plunder rate Rank 10), and had pillage orders as well. I spent about 6 hours hunting down this fleet and doing melee battles.  In the end I obtained several Catalyst of Fire after melee with fleet, B,C,D and then solo deck battling the Admiral.

The admiral has 2400 health and uses the new/special elemental attacks during the deck battle.  You will need a high defense and the ability to do a long chain of similar colored weapon tech to defeat him!.

Used the Catalyst of Fire to obtain the Military Scientist Job.

-----------------

Started doing labrynth tring to get ore.. made it down to section 38 before I lost my two lives. Found Cretan Pantaloni and Mycean Soldier’s protective clothes. Two items from  Treasure Hidden in the Maze memorial Album. Was able to see the Minotaur but was defeated by a special trap tech. Falling boulder or similar trap. Forgot to take a photo. Last photo was of section 30.   Looked in the discord help and a CA said the way to defeat the new Minotaur is to use the new elemental techs. The only problem there is that when the Minotaur showed up, he was accompanied by 10 level 62 npcs. Ouch!

• December 31, 2022

Made level 93 maritime.  Kept grinding land battles and finesse for axes. Made 44 in quick, power, feint which is required to get the R5 axe tech.

-------------

At the last update, they have added a restriction to opening maritime boxes. You now require 10,000 adventure, trade and maritime fame. Trade and fame is easy, but I have one toon in another company that had only 1000 adventure fame. I figured that the easiest way to get to 10,000 adventure fame is to do theology maps.  The key map is a R9 theology map from Istanbul that unlocks in the Seville archives and reports right next to the archives. The only problem is that the toon does not have theology nor search.  I got some equipment on the toon for +2 theo and +2 search and collected a batch of 15 R5 maps from Seville that unlock in Istanbul. You can discover maps 2 levels above your skill. Next I do a batch of 15 R6 maps from Venice that unlock in Nantes. I get to R6. I do a several batches of R9 search/theology maps from Istanbul. Each batch I use a +50% fame and report my batches of maps. Each map earns 92 fame.

At the end of 2 days I hit R9 base+2 Theo/Search and 10,000 adventure fame. The key to doing this is to have a main toon in a priest job with Boston College skill Priest’s Wisdom. With this set up the main toon can turn on browse archives (theology) and keep getting maps. You never get mentally tired. Once you get a map, you pass it off to your alt and continue collecting more maps.