Proof that even a LOW TIER ship can compete against the top tier ones...

So here's our dilemma... With the crazy (and unrealistic) prices now in the game, many newer players (and even some long time playing people) can get discouraged from long term play in uwo since many items become unattainable for them. Ships are the primary problem to this since they have limited drop rates. At current in game values, captain tickets are 1.5b each. With top ships averaging 600ct that translates to in game ducet value at 900b. Non cash players take much longer to develop than cash players so even at best a newer non cash player can hope for is about 1b/day revenue if they work for it. But at that rate, it would literally take them 3 years of everyday play just to afford 1ship! Even at a lesser 200ct average on lower top tier ships, that's still 300b ducets which would take them a year playing everyday (this doesn't count the time just building a character to have a revenue in game). Most people start playing this game as non cash players but over time see the fun in the game and many start paying into uwc to some degree but the current market is VERY unbalanced.

There seems to be a stigma in the game that if you don't have a top tier ship then don't even bother trying to play maritime in this game since you'll have no chance. The high cost of maritime gear also adds to the deter people from wanting to try maritime. But this just isn't true. Good gear and ships do give you an advantage in battle but it's no guarantee of wins. EVERYBODY dies in this game regardless of what you use, it's about player skill not ships!

To accent this point, i decided to try an experiment. Can a low tier or FS ship compete against these top monsters that people are using now? My goal here is to encourage people that you don't need to be a zillionare to compete and have fun doing maritime. Now, most top tier ships are looking at 1700-1800 durability and 400+ crew! The ship I chose to try this experiment is the ship I used to use back on gama server and currently costs 500m-1b in game value. You'll notice the substantial difference in durability and crew cabin.

The environment I choose to test this out in is Battle Campaign. BC is an even that last for 2 weeks (although we don't play everynight) that is a closed event to play pvp battles in. You can't die (you just respawn and keep playing) and you can't loose any gear/parts or dura off anything. The goal is to get as many points for your team in the time set for the round (usually 15min). It's the perfect place to practice pvp play and see how other ships perform in a fleet setup.

Now in BC, you have to be prepared to face top players using their very BEST gear/ships but that's the challenge of it. I use melee fighting to overwhelm enemies crew to get my kills rather than cannons since it's more of a challenge and most vets state that melee fighting is NOT viable combat in fleet games because of the heavy fleet spamming support to repair and surgery (but I usually prove them wrong lol). But in this environment, I technically should NOT be able to get any kills with such low crew to work with and not using cannons for any kills. But at the end of the 2 week period, you can see that I beat the odds.

Looking at the battle records you can see that i made 108 points. In BC, you get 4 points for each kill so that translates to 27 melee kills I ended up with during the event! Now you will think "well how may times did you get killed?" and yes I died alot but so did everyone else. Players using top gear and max skills will easily score 1 shot kills with guns as you can see by the number of kills the top scorers have but surprisingly I didn't die as much as expected even in my low dura ship. But this does show that even a low tier ship can go toe to toe with the best of them without having to spend a fortune in this game. So don't get discouraged by the ridiculous prices in the game and just have fun, eventually everything will get cheaper anyways. Good luck all and happy sailing! ❤️

Samantha99

Comments

• edited December 2021

i do not agree with this. yes you can sail ur low tier ship. but really compete? most of the time the only reason its possible to get kills as melee is because the opposing team would rather have the person die than to heal that teammate who is in melee with you. there are many reasons to this. and you know it.

• edited December 2021

but yes. its possible to have fun in lower tiered ships. as long as the goal is not to win every single time all the time with maximum effort.

ie: sniping with GSR fs renown. because of damage cap and durability cap.

• edited December 2021
    https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4384#Comment_4384 There was an error displaying this embed.

You've missed the whole point of this thread, it's not about melee or cannon fighting. I can take the top guns in the game and wear the top gun gear using the same ship (different ship skills ofc) then use it as a sniping ship and score high points like the others. It's about if a ship like that could survive in battle. You sound like you have some pvp experience but don't play as much BC, it's a total different environment than world game pvp. BC you respawn, but in world pvp if you die you're out until the admiral is sunk (or retreats). The biggest difference is that in BC we have a ubiquitous understanding that no telescopes can be used. There are no rules like that in world pvp (piracy/agent/esf/epf) so different dynamics.

BC only just ended, the purpose of the test was to see if it could even survive and kill high crew ships and it passed. 'IF" you do play BC then you would've known that and witnessed it this past BC round (this is why i say you don't play BC). When it comes to world pvp, the ESF event is next weekend. That would be my next step in this experiment, and i may try it out next weekend depending on turnout. All i know is that if it can survive and score kills in a place where everyone is using their very best stuff, then i think it could do well in world pvp. If the first step failed and I couldn't get any points then I wouldn't have even posted this thread in the first place! Point is, it is viable and even during esf events, the battles are often made up of mixed lvl's of skilled players and ships anyways.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4386#Comment_4386 There was an error displaying this embed.

This is why I stated "EVERYBODY dies in this game regardless of what you use". In world pvp, i've seen that most players use the telescope which pretty much gives instant kill on crits at long range regardless of what ship you use lol. So that being said, it really shouldn't matter in world pvp if you are using a 900b ship or a 1b one.

• A good read Samantha, and for me, an educational one as well! I thank you, more than you know, for taking the time - to show what can be done, to document it in a quality write up, and to share it with us - something else "we", should do a lot more of, in my opinion...

As to the thrust of your article, this is something I've long wondered about - and I'm glad to see your results! (as to working "outside" of the "box", to achieve what you wish... I agree, that is the ONLY way :)

Keep sharing your info/experiences, and we'll keep reading/soaking it up :):)

Deep Respect:

Grey

• Well if that's the case then I can say you definitely don't do melee fighting, nobody on that list does so your perspective will be bias. And 3 of those 5 people use turtle ships lol. Turtle ships have low durability just like this ship although they are faster which is why they make such good sniping ships but they do still get sunk. If you have the play skill then it really shouldn't matter what ship you use or are you trying to say that you can't compete unless you're in a high end ship. But you are right in saying that it is fun playing in a low tiered ship as it breaks up the norm as it does test your play skill more, i just need to get used to playing without DHP 😆.

• Thank you for this, but what gear were you wearing doing this melee?

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4386#Comment_4386 There was an error displaying this embed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VbYzMB1iaQ FS Renown with Master Carronade 20s. in game ship with in game guns. able to compete and not die and win every fight we fought.

• my fs renown that is faster than the other ships in the ring and absolutely deadly. Player skill makes the ship. not the ship making the player.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4402#Comment_4402 There was an error displaying this embed.

Good to know, I wanted to try out some FS ships next after I see how the MSF holds up in next weekends' ESF. 😉

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4405#Comment_4405 There was an error displaying this embed.

Dont worry Samantha. their views are not biased on the player skill in a ship. People who make comments like these, that negate the facts that are shown that FS ships can compete, are just trying to protect their pocket as when people see more and more that the little ships still do fine in pvp, their ships will devalue since they are not needed anymore. And this is coming from someone who does own a PIATS and a PASR. I dont care if the prices tank on the ships, since it is what the game needs to have happen as if they dont tank, the game will be gone soon. I care more about the game and the player base than being wealthy in a fantasy world that means nothing in wealth in the real world. I would rather see the game survive another year or two to continue to provide a fun and engaging experience for everyone who plays. I catch so much flak for sailing my FS ship even though in that FS ship, I am one of the most deadly people in the ring with that FS ship. People can deny all they want about the low tier ships not being able to compete, but I show proof otherwise in my videos and my abilities in my ships.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4406#Comment_4406 There was an error displaying this embed.

Thanks Havok, this is exactly why I made this thread. Prices on many items and ships have distorted the values even on lower value items because everything gets standardized to CT instead of ducets. The irony is that the very people who are purposely inflating the values ingame and driving people away, are the very same people who complain that the "sea's are dead" and that they are bored LOL.

The only heavy battle ships I've ever owned are all mid to low value and I love them all. Even though there are better versions in the ship series I play for my personal connection to particular models and make them work.

The MR came from the first round of CT when Maris opened and I used this ship all the way until the end of 2019 when the RNG came out. This ship is pretty cheap in value (i think around 10-15m but not positive) to buy fresh and holds up well in battle, the only downside is that it has a wide rear crit zone so it's easy to kill from behind.

This ship I was waiting for since the start of Maris (I heard about some of the new ships they were going to release before the launch) since I love the NG series of ships. I finally got one in early 2020 for 140 CT. Now CT value was alot lower then (somewhere around 600m'ish) so the value has gone up abit but I've used this ship fine. The PNG has better stats and there's much stronger ships out there (like in the OG series) but this ship works for me.

The MSF I showed I just built this past month and is still early in it's use, but it was my first competitive ship playing the game UWO from back on Gama which is why I was so excited being able to use it again (yes even I was upset about the reset). The ship cost me 1b for the ticket ingame although I've heard it going for as cheap as 500m.

I remember seeing you in that ship. The Renown is one of many really decent fs ships i've seen. They recently revamped the fs ships to bring them more up to date which is awesome. Hopefully this will make fs more popular for affordable decent ships so players can enjoy ALL the great aspects that this game has to offer.

In your other thread I made a comment about how it frustrating it is that a person can pay inflated prices on a ship only to have it outclassed and loose value by the same ship with slightly higher stats a month later. Overall, you really don't need to be in the top ships to play and compete. And most importantly you DON'T need to payout hundreds of CT for something that's only going to loose value eventually anyways.

• Haha, i meant MR is 10-15b!

• ESF RESULTS ARE IN!

Well, it was a great esf this weekend with quite a decent turnout! We were outnumbered all weekend but still did well...

As for how my MSF stood up in the heavy rounds, here's the results...

Day 1: scored 2 melee kills/ died 2 times total

Day 2: scored 2 melee kills/ died 0 times total

Day 3: scored 2 melee kills/ died 1 time total

Overall, my little 1395 dura ship only died 3 times over the whole event and my 200 crew took out 6 of their ships! 😃

I think this is overwhelming evidence that ANY ship, top/mid/low/fs can play just fine, so don't get taken away by the outrageous prices in the game. Everything will eventually drop in price and it's by no means any guarantee of any wins anyways so just enjoy the game and don't let anyone tell you how to play your game, enjoy all! 💝

• Again, thank you for this thread. As a follow-up to your previous answer, do you think you would be just as effective in melee with an FS ship if you used non-cash item gear along with the non-cash ship?

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4461#Comment_4461 There was an error displaying this embed.

Now that is a VERY interesting question... I haven't played this game as in-depth as many of you have so don't know really what's available 'in-game' for gear. I joined Gama in the last 1 1/2 years of the server and really only got into pvp in it's last year. At that time there was alot of pressure to be 'on par' with gear since everyone was set in their characters by then so I never really got into 'in game gear' as much. The best gear really that i found at that time for melee was the Martial Arts Master's Clothes, the Sea King Landing Mask and the Ultimate Rikiki sword or Improved Excal, but all of those items are 'cash' items that I was able to buy in-game from other players.

When Maris opened and brought in 'Age of Revolution', they released the ISE set and Surgeons Rong Fu armor early, so those were the gears to have for melee. The first problem is in order to try a setup using only in-game items, i'd have to know what was even available in game (i'm out of touch with much of the content), especially now with Sea of Wonders and Legacy. And some in-game content, you can only use with cash shop items (like special purchase bonds), so to some degree you would have to go outside the game.

The second issue is that pretty much every upper competitor playing is using forge/transmuted gear so some degree. You can make all the mats for transmuting but still need the SPB's and the forge tools are only available in-game in special events. Ofc you can forge/transmute in-game gear but it's usually not done since it can be plundered (most items anyways). There is great in-game accessories though like koxinga papers and Six teachings. So overall I think you'd have to define what is 'in-game' items now that would be used and in what format.

Comparing gear and ships though is very different. Gear travels on the character from ship to ship and greatly makes up it's personalized setup. Don't forget, the gear is responsible for the skills on your character to count towards it's max regardless what ship you use and cash shop items usually have much better skill sets for the item. Overall when it comes to melee, I doubt base items (unmodified) would be effective except in rare occurrences that happen in battle (disorder), but that's why people pay for the better items (for that extra edge).

Non cash ships, i'd say for sure. Havok's video show's how a non cash ship holds up, and my low number of times getting sunk when fighting in heavy rounds proves that low dura/crew ships can compete. Now the MSF is a uwc ship but you can make the base version Super Frigate in-game. But now many fs ships have gotten a buff and there's more ships now that are even better like the new whyda battleship. I'll probably try a fs ship next but for now I'm having fun with this MSF. lol

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4483#Comment_4483 There was an error displaying this embed.

You can't really estimate something like that when it comes down to how much you can bring per load. The main issue i was bringing up in this thread is the overpriced cost of stuff because of standardizing everything to CT. My advice would be to try to get base (unforged/transmuted) parts which would be much cheaper. The boots were just re-released recently and were selling as low as 30 ct that I saw, then you can forge/transmute yourself. If you try to get a full forged/trans part you'll be paying as much as 150-200ct. Try and take advantage when the market gets flooded from a release so you can get them at lowest price.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4486#Comment_4486 There was an error displaying this embed.

I'm confused, if you still need to spend hundreds of CT which equates to hundreds of billions of ducats, what is the point of this post?

If you're spending that much on gear instead of a ship, how is this any different from just spending it on the ship?

Nevermind the UWC sailor equips (telescope, etc.), UWC cannons (even ingame 20s are expensive to craft), UWC plates, etc. you use on top of that.

The kinds of people who would have issues with affording a UWC ship would have the same issue affording the character equipment + ship equipment I think.

Even the 30 CT price you said for the boots is a lot of money, even so much more after transmutation given how inflated the price of transmutation materials is.

This post seems disingenuous..?

In your original post you said:

"There seems to be a stigma in the game that if you don't have a top tier ship then don't even bother trying to play maritime in this game since you'll have no chance"

Personally I haven't heard anyone say this. I do think it is a lot more painful without a top tier ship and top tier gear. Good ships and equipment have too many strengths where the lower tier ones have weaknesses which previously allowed for decision making and choice in the game, that's not so much the case anymore due to and post Maltese Galley, but that's a different topic.

Renown as an FS ship is quite good, for an FS ship. But it has weaknesses higher tier ships just don't have. It has a very weak skillset, low crew compared with pretty much every ship in common use in PvP currently, and a fairly sizable chunk less durability. Its high point is its armour which at most 5 less than the best UWC ships.

The way you play + your setup vs. someone in FS renown with base stat ingame gear could probably wipe them in 2-3 melee rounds, whether you have 200 crew or 381. This doesn't sound fun. You know this. The post kinda sounds like you just want more of these kinds of people with low stat to prey on which isn't fun for them and if you consider your gameplay to involve skill then it shouldn't be fun for you either, picking on people with just worse gear and less money never should be.

• @HeavyWater "This post seems disingenuous"

Clearly you did not read this thread at all and have missed what it's about. Everything you talked about was address in the posts and your remarks are off topic of the thread. It states right in the title that this thread is about competing ships not equipment/gears so I don't know why you'd even be using that as an argument! Nowhere in the thread do we talk about equipment until Ranger asked my opinion with a 'side question' about a hypothetical scenario using non cash equipment which i gave 'my' opinion on. I even stated that we can't compare the two and the reasons for it...

@purplepirate "Comparing gear and ships though is very different. Gear travels on the character from ship to ship and greatly makes up it's personalized setup. Don't forget, the gear is responsible for the skills on your character to count towards it's max REGARDLESS OF WHAT SHIP YOU USE and cash shop items usually have much better skill sets for the item. Overall when it comes to melee, I doubt base items (unmodified) would be effective except in rare occurrences"

Your arguments are also misleading in your statements. And it shows that you are trying to manipulate the the truth with this statement...

"If you're spending that much on gear instead of a ship, how is this any different from just spending it on the ship"

NO equipment in the game goes for 600ct like some of the top ships do so why are you telling people here that gear is that expensive? Top gear in the game goes for around 200ct and that's for fully forged/transmuted equips! And it's really only the very top items that are that expensive as most items are below 100ct!

"The post kinda sounds like you just want more of these kinds of people with low stat to prey on"

It's interesting that you are so quick to criticize and make accusations to me while you defend the 'stygma' of using the top items only.

"Nevermind the UWC sailor equips (telescope, etc.), UWC cannons (even ingame 20s are expensive to craft), UWC plates, etc. you use on top of that. /  I do think it is a lot more painful without a top tier ship and top tier gear. Good ships and equipment have too many strengths where the lower tier ones have weaknesses"

Your own view is totally against what i'm doing in this thread because I'm showing that despite your statement, i'm proving that you don't need to have the very best all the time to be effective in battle and still have fun playing, and believe me when i say that i feel great joy when my little ship takes out one of you guys in a top ship lol.

"The way you play + your setup vs. someone in FS renown with base stat ingame gear could probably wipe them in 2-3 melee rounds, whether you have 200 crew or 381"

Ofc, a person should have an advantage if they have better gears than others but this statement is kinda dumb since if i'm wearing all melee gear then I WOULD take out any non geared player easily just like how when you wear all your cannon gear, you take out people with single shots... NO DIFFERENT! I even admitted to this and even i sometimes don't have the highest stats in every melee battle and have to compensate for that when fighting.

"but that's why people pay for the better items (for that extra edge)"

So it's pretty clear that you don't see the point of this thread because you're only interested in your own intrests not the masses, which also explains why your name has NEVER come up on this forum ever offering help to others or discussions on solving the various problems in the game ( high market, low population and frustrated new players, inspiring new event ideas). I'm addressing these issues atleast lol. So go right ahead and keep using your overpriced ships, I think Havok's thoughts fit the what the real belief in UWO should be...

"I dont care if the prices tank on the ships, since it is what the game needs to have happen as if they dont tank, the game will be gone soon. I care more about the game and the player base than being wealthy in a fantasy world that means nothing in wealth in the real world. I would rather see the game survive another year or two to continue to provide a fun and engaging experience for everyone who plays."

• @purplepirate

"It states right in the title that this thread is about competing ships not equipment/gears so I don't know why you'd even be using that as an argument!"

I'm mentioning it because it is extremely relevant to your specific playstyle. Melee is not about skill, it is wholely, solely and purely about who has more att/def. You killing anything relies so heavily on your gear and how absurdly expensive it is. The relevance is extremely clear. I shouldn't need to explain this, but you know that :)

"Nowhere in the thread do we talk about equipment until Ranger asked my opinion with a 'side question' about a hypothetical scenario using non cash equipment which i gave 'my' opinion on."

You're right, you didn't mention it, on purpose. Because if you did mention it, it would very quickly become obvious how ridiculous your "proof" is, I just pointed it out. Meanwhile your "opinion" was hidden within a wall of text constructed purely to dodge the actual question.

"I even stated that we can't compare the two and the reasons for it..."

They're not being compared. No one compared ships and gear. No one suggested one was worth more than the other or more useful etc. I merely pointed out you cannot compare high tier ships and low tier ships without discussing gear because gear is extremely relevant because of the way you choose to play.

"NO equipment in the game goes for 600ct like some of the top ships do so why are you telling people here that gear is that expensive? Top gear in the game goes for around 200ct and that's for fully forged/transmuted equips! And it's really only the very top items that are that expensive as most items are below 100ct!"

You said yourself "If you try to get a full forged/trans part you'll be paying as much as 150-200ct."

"part" = 1 piece of gear

A full set of gear (hat, body, gloves, boots, weapon) is 6 pieces. I was actually being generous with 600 CT estimate, based on YOUR words, a full set could cost over 1000 CT!!!

"It's interesting that you are so quick to criticize and make accusations to me while you defend the 'stygma' of using the top items only."

I didn't defend the stigma, I said it doesn't exist. But I chose to run with your version of events and explained further the logic behind it and why your "proof" is proof of nothing.

"Your own view is totally against what i'm doing in this thread because I'm showing that despite your statement, i'm proving that you don't need to have the very best all the time to be effective in battle and still have fun playing, and believe me when i say that i feel great joy when my little ship takes out one of you guys in a top ship lol."

I didn't say you need to have the very best, I don't. I used to have plenty of fun before telescope but that's of course another topic/issue. I never questioned the catharsis you receive beating those evil "guys in a top ship" down with your superior brave gear. However what you are "doing in this thread" is called "lying". You say you're "proving that you don't need to have the very best", but... you do have the very best. Superior brave gear is the best melee gear in the game. If all you're doing is melee then actually your ship becomes more irrelevant as long as you have so many att/def from your enormous wallet spent on melee gear.

"Ofc, a person should have an advantage if they have better gears than others but this statement is kinda dumb since if i'm wearing all melee gear then I WOULD take out any non geared player easily just like how when you wear all your cannon gear, you take out people with single shots... NO DIFFERENT! I even admitted to this and even i sometimes don't have the highest stats in every melee battle and have to compensate for that when fighting."

What I said was very relevant because your original claim was that if you don't have the best ship you can still win and have fun. In your world, where you melee everyone with your superior brave gear, actually they can't win and they can't have fun unless they have similar gear. It is actually just not possible for such a scenario to result in them winning, but in cannon battle they could because skill plays a part there instead of simply wallet. You're pretending your "proof" means you don't need the best stuff but you're purposefully ignoring how the quality and cost of your gear. This is disingenuous and simply dishonest.

"So it's pretty clear that you don't see the point of this thread because you're only interested in your own intrests not the masses, which also explains why your name has NEVER come up on this forum ever offering help to others or discussions on solving the various problems in the game ( high market, low population and frustrated new players, inspiring new event ideas). I'm addressing these issues atleast lol. So go right ahead and keep using your overpriced ships, I think Havok's thoughts fit the what the real belief in UWO should be..."

The point of this thread was clearly to bait newbies into joining PvP, you meleeing them, saying "<3" after you wipe them in 2 rounds and then they will never join again because it wasn't fun lol.

I haven't been on this forum in a long time, I will admit. I gave up on pretending this community was still good years ago, you are a prime example of the reason for that.

I can't solve the high market, I had some ideas but Papaya doesnt care. I can't fix low population because I can't, in earnest, encourage people to play this game in the state it is in and will continue to be in. I have tried to help new players be less frustrated but Papaya isn't interested there either, let alone KOEI. I've provided event ideas before, just not in the forums, instead I just see more and more alt spamming/farming events, not fun, not engaging, not interesting. But of course this is all irrelevant to your post so I'm not sure why you brought it up.

You're addressing the issues by pretending they don't exist? By claiming your absurdly expensive gear is irrelevant to the argument you are helping address the issue? Okay.

Me using an overpriced ship? You lack the critical information.

Havok's thoughts are irrelevant, I'm discussing your words.

If people try to join ESF in their cheap ships and cheap gear, will you then make another post talking about your sudden spike in KDA? If so, please make sure it ends in "<3" so any of said people reading it can remember exactly who made them not-enjoy that ESF.

• @HeavyWater Clearly your focus has nothing to do with what this thread is about and you are just pissed off at me personally because I took you out with melee in some ESF event lol. That's why you're so obsessed about the gear issue difference and not the topic of the thread which is about ships not gear. You see what you are doing is called "cherry picking" whereby you take a part of a point that made thus removing it's context and adding your own meaning to it, pretty much your whole post does.

"You said yourself "If you try to get a full forged/trans part you'll be paying as much as 150-200ct." "part" = 1 piece of gear. A full set of gear (hat, body, gloves, boots, weapon) is 6 pieces. I was actually being generous with 600 CT estimate, based on YOUR words, a full set could cost over 1000 CT!!!"

Although this is true, the quote you used was "cherry picked" of what was actually said and suggested to do. Here's the FULL point I made in it's proper context vs what you used of it.

@purplepirate The main issue i was bringing up in this thread is the overpriced cost of stuff because of standardizing everything to CT. My advice would be to try to get base (unforged/transmuted) parts which would be much cheaper. The boots were just re-released recently and were selling as low as 30 ct that I saw, then you can forge/transmute yourself. If you try to get a full forged/trans part you'll be paying as much as 150-200ct. Try and take advantage when the market gets flooded from a release so you can get them at lowest price.

That's pretty sad and really sais alot about your credibility and motive. So i mean there's no point in even having a conversation with you since you did it again with the whole argument about melee. You keep making references that i'm using full sup brave set and that i always have the attack strength advantage but you 'cherry picked' your facts. you purposely left out important facts that I made of my experiment...

@purplepirate I used a mixed combination of the sup brave set and the ISE set for gear.

Reading the whole thread you would know that I don't even use the full set or the weapon and that i'm using a 218 crew ship. It's obvious you don't know how melee works when calculating stats but it is partly calculated by crew numbers. So but not using all top gear parts and using low crew, my attack is greatly decreased from what it could be if i used full set with, which is also why I clearly said that in many of my battles I was at the disadvantage on stats. But I did it because i wanted the challenge and I stated this right at the beginning of my thread.

Now in BC, you have to be prepared to face top players using their very BEST gear/ships but that's the challenge of it. I use melee fighting to overwhelm enemies crew to get my kills rather than cannons since it's more of a challenge and most vets state that melee fighting is NOT viable combat in fleet games because of the heavy fleet spamming support to repair and surgery (but I usually prove them wrong lol).

I"m on the same lvl as everyone else when it comes to equipment. All top vets used forged/trans equips but everyone has different setups to their own style. Some have their gear more towards cannon combat while others have it towards melee, each has advantages and disadvantages. Cannon gear gives better odds at killing with guns but will be weak against crew while melee gear is the opposite. I can't make those crit kills with my guns because i have no skills (or job) to be able to compete on my setup just like how snipers have problems competing against me because of their setups, it's called 'balance'. This is why the thread wasn't about gear, it was about competing ships! Gear is a completely different topic of discussion. As for your argument about fighting against in game gear I was clear on my view about it...

@purplepirate Overall when it comes to melee, I doubt base items (unmodified) would be effective except in rare occurrences that happen in battle (disorder), but that's why people pay for the better items (for that extra edge).

But of course you left this out of your basket of 'cherries'. So i mean it's pretty obvious you're mad at me not what i'm talking about in this thread which is also why you made a stink about my <3 i leave after I defeat someone, it's because I used it on you lol. You don't do pvp and I can say with FACT that you're not part of the server's pvp community RUFAS. That name is not seen anywhere in pvp except in the occasional ESF and you really don't have your facts straight from your obvious lack of knowledge on combat and how it works. If you played pvp then you would know that I usually go after the known shooters in battle not the noobies, sometimes they get in the way but I don't farm them like you are implying. I don't play for points which is why I frustrate many people and also why I will go after the harder kills (vets) over easy kills (noobs). So I don't know what your problem is but get over it, melee is part of the game and part of battle, you have to learn to adapt against it just like i had to adapt against all the 1shot kill sharp shooters out there...

• edited December 2021

"you 'cherry picked' your facts. you purposely left out important facts that I made of my experiment..."

You, by definition, cherry picked. You "purposefully left out" that none of your "proof" would be possible without your gear.

"you keep making references that i'm using full sup brave set"

I never said you did, but the superior brave pieces you use are top tier and you know that.

If I were mad about being sunk I wouldn't play the game. It's very easy to be sunk by someone's wallet these days.

"You don't do pvp and I can say with FACT that you're not part of the server's pvp community RUFAS. That name is not seen anywhere in pvp except in the occasional ESF and you really don't have your facts straight from your obvious lack of knowledge on combat and how it works."

Let's decompile this a bit:

1. What do you call PvP? I did plenty of BC, more than you probably, then I quit because everyone using telescope just made it unfun, not gonna continue to do something I didn't find fun. I have also participated in Garuda mocks and mock battle league.
    2. I participate in every single ESF.
    3. I have a deep knowledge of how the combat works, otherwise I might be as oblivious as you to say such silly things as "melee takes more skill".

I am not part of the server's PvP community? Ask anyone, they will all know me.

Maybe you don't know me, otherwise you wouldn't have said something as stupid as "keep using your overpriced ships".

My ship Ambush Surprise cost less than a single piece of your gear. Think about that for a moment.

What if I told you I could be using a top-tier ship, but I gave that opportunity away because I found doing so more fun/enjoyable? Because at the end of the day I play this game for fun.

Others know that to be true. But it's okay, you said otherwise so clearly it's accurate. :)

My focus in this thread is purely to stop you spreading lies and misinformation about how battle works. That's all.

• @HeavyWater you need to get a life nub! ima going with purple on this bro, you aint shown that you really know what you talkin about. from what i seen purple info is constant with info and shows evidence to support while you just come on here from nowhere talkin crap with no evidence and we suppose to just take you by your word??? I see purple name ALL OVER these forums always helping people and making suggestions to papaya, she has no reason to be lying now, but i don't see your name anywhere and you admit you haven't been here in long time, but you right and shes wrong???

I thought this thread was suppose to be about ships so why we talking so much about gear? I mean, aren't we suppose to be working to getting best ships and gear? I don't get why you say gear is wrong if in BC everyone is using top gear? purple said she first played in bc where the top players use their best stuff, so doesn't that mean everyone would have same or other types of top tier equips? or is that wrong and people don't use best gear in BC? I never done so don't know what you guys use there but it makes sense that people would play with best stuff. If people don't use top gear then you are right what you say but if they do then how is it any different than what she has? If melee has top gear then shouldn't guns have top gear to? And if people use top cannon gear then who cares if she wants to use melee gear, it it part of combat. I don't see the difference here so please someone explain it!

• edited December 2021

@Jayburner

I understand the confusion, you have been tricked by exactly the falsehoods I am trying to stop being perpetuated, and will try to explain.

1. Whether it is BC or other PvP event is irrelevant. Empress tarot is widely widely available now so gear repair is much less of a concern. Therefore people use their best gear everywhere. Especially Mock Battle League, which Samantha has not participated in to my knowledge, but I have and you can check the standings and recorded footage. In MBL where there are ENORMOUS prizes on the line, do you think for a moment people would not be using their best equipment and ships? **Precisely**.
    2. The fact that you call what she has shown “evidence” is exactly where you have been misled. No serious PvPer takes this thread seriously because we all know how ridiculous it would be to try to kill people in melee in MSF with cheaper gear. She is trying to “cherry pick”, in her words, ships as a standalone thing where they cannot be discussed alone BECAUSE her chosen method of obtaining “proof” is melee where gear is far more important than ship as long as you have WMB which can be inherited.
    3. I myself choose to use a lower tier ship, one that costs far less than her gear, and I fare fine in ESF and other PvP events. I am proof myself. I choose to use a sail ship vs phantom monster despite rowers being by far the better option. If anyone is to prove such an argument as “you don’t need top tier ship” it is me. However there is no argument to prove because this “stigma” she speaks of is invented. No one says that.
    4. The problem I have with this thread is her perpetuation of the idea that gear is not relevant. Gear is very relevant regardless of whether you do cannon or melee. It is required for cannon battle to boost your skills to cut through the very high durability, armour and evasion many top PvPers run. For melee it gives you more stat pure and simple, and that stat is all that matters in melee and is the only reason she gets any melee kills in MSF.

If you don’t know me and you say you haven’t done BC then you don’t participate in PvP as I do. I certainly haven’t seen Samantha in as many ESFs as I am. But that’s fine because she posts more on the forums and thus is more knowledgeable and experienced and “part of the PvP community”.

If you have further confusion feel free to ask more questions.

(I am sincerely hoping you’re not just Sam’s alt, that would be quite sad as I didn’t feel the need to hide and it’s quite easy to work out who I am by checking screenshot event threads. That being said your confusion lets me help make things clearer so I guess it’s no skin off my neck either way.)

• @Jayburner you are the nub with no life. You don't know anything about BC, PVP (need an application first apparently), and you think you are entitled enough to have someone explain it to you? STFU if you don't know shit and as you so politely said, get a life nub.