Proof that even a LOW TIER ship can compete against the top tier ones...

13»

Comments

• edited January 2022
    https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4723#Comment_4723 There was an error displaying this embed.

Yeah I saw the comment, no matter if you dislike someone you leave one’s personal life out of it. That’s all I’ll say on it as I’m not a moderator so it’s not my place to correct it.

But it’s good that you’ve turned away from buying sup brave. I’d still like to see you being competative in equip setups that are about 50ct’s or lower. If you pull that off and can be succesful in esf, bc and perhaps mbl in a fs fleet instead of 1 fs and 4 uwc ships. then it’s hats off to you. But as long as you’re running expensive equips, great cannons instead of casting one’s I don’t see what point your proving besides. Sell ships and buy gear that is just as expensive. And of course skill is still a huge part of it, but skill alone won’t make the difference on it’s own.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4725#Comment_4725 There was an error displaying this embed.

the only thing uwc i have right now is my gear. i use FS ship and i use in game guns. And i have been looking into the set up of in game gear that will allow me to maximize my effectiveness for the role i am playing as. Because i know my skill as a captain will allow me to do the same in the in game equipment that is catered around my playstyle. and I am in the process of making that happen. Trust me when i say, I would not be fighting for FS ships, In game guns, and in game gear, and the new players if i didnt know it is viable to be done. I am very confident in that. That is also why I have began to train players who are not well experienced so they can get the experience they need in the ring to be able to do just what i am trying to show everyone. It doesnt hurt anyone that i am doing this, nor should it be anyones place to try to tell someone how to play their game. I am not saying FS is the only way. I am just showing that the option is there, should someone who wants to play pvp, but cant afford all that high value stuff, can at least get into it with proper training. I just found for myself that I enjoy the FS ships more than i enjoyed playing the UWC ships, and people started to have a big huge fit over it when i made a single video that displayed a comment that was the representation of the comments that i was getting all over the place from youtube comments to in game comments to discord comments. and this comment was on a live stream so it was already public prior to the video being made and they knew i was streaming. Thats when the whole thing began, and the drama started. then like i said, I have not been worried about the drama in game, except to stand up for myself when they would begin to start in on me in merchant chat when i would say something. but I have not cared about this whole drama thing for about 2 weeks and moved on from it, but others dont want to move on from it and dont want to let it go. As far as the drama is concerned, I dont care about it. I have moved on, but I will not sit by and be chill when someone wants to bring in my kid into the conversations that I worked hard to get full custody of, or bring in my mother, or talk about my work when i spend sun rise to midnight or later doing multiple jobs and running a business. That is uncalled for and I will call them out upon that, as it was already stated previously

• edited January 2022
    https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4724#Comment_4724 There was an error displaying this embed.

You don't joke about someone family and stuff. Thats the lowest of low. You don't know what they are going through. You don't know anything about them. Just you doing that tells me you know jack nothings about anything and have no ammunition against him, so you got try try to bring someone life into to get a rise. Just another keyboard warrior. You the one that needs a life the fact that you have the time to try to dish up someone's persons tells you don't. A real man wouldn't do that so with that being said you're a coward and a lowlife. I was going to stay out this but now I'm not. I can appreciate what havok is trying to do. If anything, we should be encouraging because even if it's not the greatest it gives them a chance to compete and maybe see that I just need that little bit of an edge to get a little more thus improving overall player base because they see they have a chance. Then companies can help them with their skills and get them that much better. the player base in this game has gotten really low. I bet 60% are probably alts. I remember when you could say in any sea anywhere on the map and see 10-15 people. I remember port camping for piracy. I remember meeting a lot of the friends I have because of port camping. This game is dyeing with the unrealistic prices on gear because everyone wants the best and greatest. It's so expensive that no one can afford anything, unless you are a die hard for this game or can spend 100s a month new player can't get into the game. They take one look and see how I can get that amount. I know because I have tried to get about 20 friends into it and they all say the same thing (it's too expensive). After this reset I have been in nothing but FS and player-built stuff, with mediocre skills at best. I can't go against the people like dio or dances or hades but I can handle my own in most battle I can survive.

• edited January 2022

You know guys, there's so much focus other people's game and what they are using that everyone is missing the main problem here. It was summed up the best by @Zerotolerance122 " This game is dyeing with the unrealistic prices on gear because everyone wants the best and greatest.". And it's true, every single one of us will go to battle using our best stuff, nobody will deny that, and for many who play it's a continual "arms race" against everyone else lol. I tell you straight up that i certainly wouldn't want to have to pay 200ct for any gear, I don't think anything should cost that much but unfortunately that's the way the game has gone. Although koei/papaya has had a factor to the crazy market, it's mostly player greed that brought it to where it is. I remember when Maris first opened and wft/aft from our founders were selling for 30m each lol! This game is expensive and i haven't (and can't) spent as much as some of you have over the past 4 years but I've averaged about $100/month since Maris start (I try to do my part to longevity of the server). This is why you never see me selling ships on merch chat, I'd rather spend on storage and expanders than cove/ct. I still have just 2 accounts I play with compared to some people that I've heard that have dozens of accounts of wealth lol. More of us should be making threads with ideas and inspirations to make this game more affordable to people to play before we loose everyone. Instead of complaining about the high cost of gear, do something to help lower the prices on everything lol. I do want it to be known that if people are going to pay RL monies for higher end gear/ships vs people who don't then they should have and advantage in battle any player new or old to this game should understand that.

You all have seen and known the ships I've used over these past 4 years and know I've never used anything better than the RNG (can't afford it lol). My wealth IS tied up in my gear but it's not from spending from my 'wallet' as much as it's been the 4 years of grinding and working in game that's got me where I am. I knew I'd never be able to keep up in the ship race so I choose to invest in gear instead of ships eventhough many of you were able to build both. From the start of Maris my attitude has been that it's more important to build the char than the ship and building my melee early while most of you were going the cannon skill grind route first was my choice alone. Once the base skills are set and refined then you can really focus on your build around your skills with guns and gear(either melee and/or cannon) to max out skills and get away with cheaper ships. I went from a MR to a RNG and stopped there, but others get try out and play all the top ships that are released so I still get to see how they perform in combat. I was going to invest in one top ship to see what it would be like and waited for the PROG, but now that it's out I'm hearing mixed opinions about it due to some nerf? Just because this is my view doesn't mean it has to be any body else's. Either way the path logically should be skill>gear>ship for both melee and cannon build importance.

When it comes to cannon combat, it is cheaper but there's also alot more options in the game for gun combat vs. melee. Really there's only a small handful of us on the server that really focus on melee, most focus on gun combat but some people have also had great success making 'hybrid' builds using both melee and cannon gears. When it comes to cost though, even gun gear can get expensive just like melee gear. I've seen quotes for 100+ct for mghp18 sets, gears like full forged/trans crimson boots or shaman's sword are also up at 100ct. True you don't need to up those gears but many of you do so you can be the 'best' at what you do, I know this by engaging you in melee where I can see your gear stats. Base cost on boots and sword are around 40ct which is the exact same range as I said some of the base items of the sup set are. Sup set parts are mostly higher cost but, melee gear isn't as common as gun gear mostly because there's more people who do gun combat over melee.

What ever you all want to say about melee, if it's just a 'rock/paper/scissors" system or just about who has higher stats, the same can be said for gun combat that's it's nothing more than just "point and shoot". Truth is that there's 2 sides to combat in uwo and both sides have a unique combat system that takes time and practice to master. Where as gun combat is alot about maneuvering and positioning and timing so to is the aspect of surviving and disrupting the enemy in melee also takes skill. There are little nuances in gun combat like range vs damage, wind direction etc. Melee is no different as there are nuances in it's combat system as to changing advantage in melee, locking and controlling their escape. I've even discovered that there's a combo to steal the WMB advantage from an opponent. I haven't completely figured it out but have pulled it off now 3 times over the past year, but it's very hard to do. There has to be very particular conditions in place and you have to use the right combo, kinda like when you meet the conditions using MGE's and score a 'crew lost' kill from a crit, it's very hard to pull off 😣. I've only ever scored a 'crew lost' kill from my MGE's twice in BC and once in ESF over the last 2 years of play lol.

Because there's 2 sides to combat, if you want to be strong in one area then you will be weak in the other. This is the balance of combat, and is also why you need gear in order to get that max r25 skill rank. Instead of making a hybrid setup I choose to go full melee but by doing that I suffer greatly when it comes to sinking ships with guns. Character skill is the most important aspect of your setup followed by gear. To demonstrate this I'll use Rufas's example of the December esf and the use of the telescope. As you all know I generally don't use telescope but I have tried it (how else would i find out if it's useful to me or not?). Because we don't allow scope use in BC, I tried it out on the first day of that ESf to see how effective it was. I used it with MGE's in light and standard rounds and tried out my new set of MC20's for heavy. One thing he didn't mention and why skills are so important is that I was using it in a off job for guns (swordfighter) so all my gun skills were only r12 and my oxfords were all set to melee and my gear doesn't give gun skill bonuses. I didn't see much difference in damage from the MGE's in the light/standard and in heavy round using MC20's i couldn't get enough damage built up to cut though all the high end armor/dura and evasion skill most people use eventhough i was scoring crits. So being utterly useless to me after that test i let Stinker use it for the other days and why I don't generally use it. Even with gear like telescope I still can't compete in shooting like the top shooters and their gear that gives them r25 in the gun skills. This is why base player skill is most important no matter what side of combat you do, you need those favored skills as a base. Maybe next time I'll try a hybrid job like senior officer and see if it's more useful.

Melee shouldn't be an issue anyways since it's easier for you guys to avoid my melee with turtles and eva melee skill than it is for me to evade some of the ridiculous extreme angle 1shot skills you guys get on me because of your skills and gear lol. Don't think i don't notice all the remarks about me and melee and ships changes to turtles and eva melee skill ships when i come into a game lol.But hey that's ok, it's part of the game and it's another challenge I have to deal with when I play, I can accept that and think it's very sweet that people think so seriously about me .

• "I tried it out on the first day of that ESf to see how effective it was."

"So being utterly useless to me after that test i let Stinker use it for the other days and why I don't generally use it."

But... my ss that include you using telescope are from days 2 and 3 since I missed day 1... lol... (also using grapeshot in heavy round)

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken please, the yellow ring around your ship denotes telescope use, does it not?

"Melee shouldn't be an issue anyways since it's easier for you guys to avoid my melee with turtles and eva melee skill"

Unfortunately only crappy ships (lower tier turtles or survey frigate) or rather expensive ships have evade, not a luxury we can all afford.

Also please don't suggest preventing melee retreat by having restriction on your aide and equipping a corvus is the same as dodging and trying to find crit angles amongst all the lag and general game/server being not-good, that's very clearly not true lol.

The "truth is" there are two sides to combat in UWO, and one of them is either very poorly designed to not handle the general improvement of newer ships and equipment or the sheer power of cash equips which makes any interaction you might have beyond restriction/obstruction and your initial stats worthless or, looking at it another way, very well designed such that it favours those cash equips above all else and thus encourages people to spend money to win in it resulting in profit for the designers... Whoooo can say?

The other side of course favours player interaction and engagement with such things as moving your mouse around the screen and clicking, turning your camera, swapping active skills quickly, situational awareness of who is around you and what cannons and skills they are using.

But none of what I have said has been about one being better than the other.

What I have been saying is one is much more open to player initiative and skill expression. I'm really not sure what relevance anything you said has. I was just recommending newbies start with a focus on cannon battle so even if they lack the setup required for melee they can maybe find some impact and through that, have fun.

• edited January 2022

Actually you are right about the esf, I mistook November esf was when I tied the MC's for heavy round but failed with the scope. December was the recent one that i was trying out the MSF which is built for MGE's so ya I was using the scope so i could maximize my angles for the explosive shell effect. Still, I wouldn't use scope in my RNG since I don't have explosive shell on it. And it's impossible to sink a ship dura on a crit using MGE's anyways, the PP on the guns is only 900 so it's bizarre that you would be making such an issue of me using it at all 🤣. You should be laughing at the fact that i use it at all with the setup i use lol. Although I know my only real chance at sinking a ship is in a combo crit, I have atleast found a alternative use for the scope aside from just getting that kill shot.

Unfortunately only crappy ships (lower tier turtles or survey frigate) or rather expensive ships have evade, not a luxury we can all afford.

Why would you say something like that when you know very well that people put it on all kinds of ships though skill inheritance. I know this first hand as I've been encountering it quite abit now and people aren't all sailing around in survey frigates lol.

Also please don't suggest preventing melee retreat by having restriction on your aide and equipping a corvus is the same as dodging and trying to find crit angles amongst all the lag and general game/server being not-good, that's very clearly not true lol.

Corvus last 0-5 rounds (random), and many people will attest to being able to get away from me right away, but since you don't do melee you might not have been aware of this.

The "truth is" there are two sides to combat in UWO, and one of them is either very poorly designed to not handle the general improvement of newer ships and equipment or the sheer power of cash equips which makes any interaction you might have beyond restriction/obstruction and your initial stats worthless or, looking at it another way, very well designed such that it favours those cash equips above all else and thus encourages people to spend money to win in it resulting in profit for the designers... Whoooo can say?

Tbh, i really don't rack my brain around the philosophy of it but both sides of combat do seem to favor the 'cash' side of it. Melee, it's the gear (like supbrave/ISE etc) while gun combat it's guns like MGHP/RGS, telescope, and yes even gear (I mention examples in earlier post). I just play the game for what it has to offer.

The other side of course favours player interaction and engagement with such things as moving your mouse around the screen and clicking, turning your camera, swapping active skills quickly, situational awareness of who is around you and what cannons and skills they are using.

I think everyone on the server would 'prefer' this kind of gameplay but that need to "be the best" is what fuel's every rpg out there. I actually dreaded the release of the Sup set (eventhough I wanted the set). The set was released in 2020 right after covid hit and everything went on lockdown. Restaurants were hard hit and my income pretty much disappeared overnight so i couldn't get any of the parts that year. I'll tell you it was a very interesting year trying to compete against that gear using only ISE and hypercutter (regular). at the end of 2020 but by then ofc the ingame prices where over 100b on each of the parts which i had to make in game. The only parts i got at affordable rate was the circlet for 30b (thank you Pablo 💋) and I pulled 2 pendants in the newyear cove. I didn't even get the last piece (boots) until this past November when they were re-released and i picked up a pair for 30ct but I don't like the skills on it. The hypercutter is now the maidenknight sword which i use in battle because of the evasion. Ironically I paid 180b for the full upped SHCS and only use it as sailing gear (+3row). The difference in melee stats isn't really worth the importance of that extra +3 evasion does for you lol.

• edited January 2022

"Why would you say something like that when you know very well that people put it on all kinds of ships though skill inheritance. I know this first hand as I've been encountering it quite abit now and people aren't all sailing around in survey frigates lol."

You... you can't inherit evade melee... lol

The only reason non survey frigate heavy ships have evade is because recent UWC ones like pirate victory have it and it's quite expensive a ship... please don't say such things if you haven't done the research.

"Corvus last 0-5 rounds (random), and many people will attest to being able to get away from me right away, but since you don't do melee you might not have been aware of this."

Where did I say it lasts forever? I was commenting on your ridiculous comparison of melee "nuance" to cannon nuance as if they are remotely similar.

Imagine you gatekeep the PVP community and say I know nothing while not knowing you can't inherit certain skills, such as evade. Otherwise I can assure you many more people would've been using it over a wide variety of ships for years and years, and low tier ships would indeed be more viable than they are (although there are issues with them besides just the risk of being wiped so easily).

• edited January 2022

Sorry Sam,

Evade Melee battle is one of the three skills you can't inherit(I tested this literally the moment fusion was released). Rowing Assist, Direct Hit Prevention are the other two. A lot of the newer uwc battle ships have it. Pirate St Lawrence, Pirate Victory, etc. Other than Survey Frigate and a bunch of lower class ships, FS ships don't have EMB.

Thanks to the most recent buffs, FS ships alone are slightly more viable. However the gear is pretty hard to argue for if you only want to use in game stuff for it.

For Evasion it's easy enough:

Kunitomo Tsutsu +2 Weapon

Green Bellied Peascoad +2 Body

Ancient Queen's Ship Handling Guide +2 Accessory

Sea Monster's Boots +2 Boots

Cassador crown +1 Crown

Aide + 1

Using a Renown and ASR would probably work..

However getting rank 25 in Pene, Accuracy and Ballistics doesn't work with current gear(So far, I'm trying to think of combinations and will post there).

If you wanted to allow a bit of UWC license and get a set of IGS and Enhanced Chain Shot.. You could make do without Penetration,

and get rank 25 accuracy and ballistics. However, you're at risk of losing any shot defence as without UWC items, you need a separate aide.

• imagine inheriting evade melee battle

• @HeavyWater say I know nothing while not knowing you can't inherit certain skills

Show me anywhere in this thread where I've said you "know nothing". Clearly a waste of time talking to you, sorry but I'm done with you Troll...

• edited January 2022

@Jazzmin Good to know thx! I must be seeing PV/PStL/PS using them then. I thought maybe they changed that when they redesigned the sb system. When Maris started and i had the MR graded, he told me that there were some skills you couldn't inherit, but he also said that SMR couldn't be inherited but now more recently when i did the MSF I was told I can inherit it! Maybe he gave me the wrong info about SMR to begin with lol. I do have a question for you. Have they changed some the the skills on ships? Back on gama I can recall fighting against a sloop (not sure if it was MBS or FBS) and it was evading melee, I was new to pvp back then so maybe there's another ship i'm confusing it with that looks similar?

• @purplepirate

"You don't do pvp and I can say with FACT that you're not part of the server's pvp community RUFAS. That name is not seen anywhere in pvp except in the occasional ESF and you really don't have your facts straight from your obvious lack of knowledge on combat and how it works."

According to you, you can say with "FACT" that I am not part of the server's pvp community.

You can say with "FACT" that I don't have my facts straight, and I possess an "obvious lack of knowledge".

Your "facts" are laughable.

You said with such conviction and righteousness:

"Why would you say something like that when you know very well that people put it on all kinds of ships though skill inheritance. I know this first hand as I've been encountering it quite abit now and people aren't all sailing around in survey frigates lol."

"people put it on all kinds of ships though skill inheritance. I know this first hand"

These are your "FACT"s which you know first hand"?

Yet everyone else knows them to be entirely false.

But *I* am the one who has an "obvious lack of knowledge"?

You make all these grand claims, with your "FACT"s. Then you backpedal and now call me a troll, once it's pointed out you're either mistaken or straight up lied.

• @HeavyWater don't know what all that garbage was you just posted, but nowhere in there do I say "you know nothing" Troll.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4788#Comment_4788 There was an error displaying this embed.

Could have been a Rearguard sloop which has EMB, right ship model and would explain things.

Only ship that I can think of that has had skill's changed is the Shadow Hind.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/4793#Comment_4793 There was an error displaying this embed.

Rearguard sloop oh wow thanks! It was so long ago that I couldn't remember the name and gama closed before I could start learning about shipbuilding and the whole fs system 😕. By the time I even joined gama, many of you had more years of game play and development spent than the 4 years here of maris. Back then I thought the only ship that could evade melee was turtles, but melee wasn't really a thing at that time outside piracy. I was so new to the game then that I actually thought sloops naturally evaded melee like turtles 😆.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/5153#Comment_5153 There was an error displaying this embed.

It's even sadder when a person who's life is so empty that they have to spend their time online trolling fourms of a game that they don't even play...

• Why even come here if you didn't like the game to begin with?

• edited February 2022
    https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/5157#Comment_5157 There was an error displaying this embed.

haha that's hilarious they banned me, anyways I def like the game its one of the best ive played. I dont like the gambling cash shop, and the horrid people who bought it. Seems they dont like to be called out on it either, but either do crack dealers lining up at the school yard. HAHAHAH not only did they ban me they deleted the post, but are so stupid they forgot to delete the quote too much hahaha.

hahah not only did they ban me from the forums they banned me from the game, ive seen some shady shit by horrid companies but that takes the cake. I have never seen a company ban some one from a game because they were talking about their horrid cash shop. I seen them ban me from forums, but not the game. You guys really need some help, good luck with that haha.

O well now i def will never have a urge to ever come back, thanks for that anyways you saved me from ever making the mistake of gambling. You loser have fun though with your 5 player base. haha this peak is disgraceful.

playing 37 min ago

24-hour peak

Im gonna go to a real game.

playing 8 min ago

24-hour peak

If that doesnt let you know what time it is, i dono what will.

• @hatefulpeace they didn't ban you because of your opinion about the uwc system, they banned you because you're just a toxic person in general.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/5162#Comment_5162 There was an error displaying this embed.

no they def banned me because of my hate for their garbage system. I started pasting it on face book and steam, must of got them angry I might stop a few gamblers from paying them.

either way shows how garbage of a game company they are. Not even blizzard will perm ban your account for talking bad about them, and I’ve seen way worse stuff on their games. There is a total of zero other games that will ban you for talking, they will shut off your chat, and or suspend your account if you are being racist. Never have I encountered such unprofessional people, but I am talking about a bunch of horrid humans that make a living by trying to get people to gamble. They just prove my point they are as bad as drug dealers.

• https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/comment/5248#Comment_5248 There was an error displaying this embed.

Question if you hate the system so badly...what do you propose the system should be then? 100% subscription based, direct pay cash shop?

Like what do you propose? If it moves to subscription based this game loses 70% of its players overnight and with how old the game is, outdated graphics and decline in players it wouldn't survive. A direct cash I guess could work but would lead to massively higher prices as people would only buy what they need so supply dries up. The gambling system fixes that issue.

So what do you suggest Papaya do instead? Genuinely curious

• @CPC what i find funny is that the game really has no cash need to play it. Everything you need to play and enjoy the game you can get ingame.

The only real high cost comes from hardcore PvP 'if' you want to get caught up with an arms race. But even general pvp like ESF you don't need cash shop items to play and enjoy.

Ironically this thread is about finding other cheaper ways to play and even be competitive. But trolls never see a game as a whole, they only see things through their narrow, dogmatic, selfish needs and miss the fact the games like this offer a larger world. You see proof of that in every thread someone trolls even this one when you read it lol.

Trolls 'don't get it' and they never will, even if they play the game.

• USA and Israel can block your visions and sounds inside your head using invisible solar powered lasers from space and inject fake senses that look real. They can read minds from space using special covered solar panels