The game is dying // Post your own ideas on what to change and save it! Make Papaya listen us.

edited November 2022 in General Discussions

Hey! I have been in this game for around 2 years! I really like it, i sometimes remember my first days and some guys from then.... most of them have quit the game already. Also, the remaining players keep telling about how good UWO was back then and how more populated, many more players.... seas full, chats spamming non-stop, companies alive, events and many more... Now it is losing players, it is losing interest and heading straight to it's official death! I don't want to see it dead, I want to see it at a better stage as it even was back then...

I will post my own opinion on why i do believe it is dying and ideas on how to improve and save it...

I would like more players to say their own opinion and post their own ideas below too!

Together guys we can make papaya care a bit for this game and make something to improve it and bring old and new players again at it's seas.

I am not many years at the game so i don't know alot about the past, so i would be glad if older players come and say a more experienced opinion... I am not sure that we are going to achieve something, but I am sure that i will try that before the game dies, so if it dies i can say to myself that i tried for the best.

The first thing i think needs to change and gets a NERF, is Nanban!! 3 alts making like 500millions per 45 minutes in average... That's making ducats have 0 interest, it's just a currency extremely easy to be gathered again and again. Nanban once was at a very good balance i was told by an old player. Not for a long time though :). I am not able to say what exactly to change but that's something that the developers should think...

To continue with, OP ships(rowers) make FS ships and sail ships have 0 interest and a free to play player cannot compete with those beasts, skill has a less important role nowadays as 400+ crew exist and extremely OP equipment that also low budget and f2p players cannot access... Maritime overall is Pay to win!

Multi boxing.... there is no point on having 3 toons as u just make everything 3x times.... so the market goes 3x expensive too!! also, it affects the playerbase and the market, makes this game a farming simulator, make 150 alts farm the same thing sell, become rich, buy OP equipments and make other players quit.

Tutorial!!! Jesus, this game has not a tutorial, when i first came in game i made 2 DAYS to find the start of the tutorial, and i was lucky to discover world chat when i was checking the tabs on top side of screen. The Sagres school system instead of the old cool and loved school in capitals... Made tutorial even more difficult.

The only thing that gets refreshed now is treasure cove and CTs so the remaining players gamble more and more and that only applies for players that WANT to put cash, all players that don't want are not able to hunt the same goals or they need to forget all other things in-game and focus on a 18hr nanban farming simulator for months, AKA abandon real life!

Resellers control the market depending to what they want to do.

I tried reselling on my own too for abit, i don't judge the activity of reselling i just judge the overpricing resellers do and papaya not fixing the inflation! Ducat is a USELESS currency replaced by Captain Tickets. But... not all players want to buy Captain tickets from store, and not all are able to make 500millions per nanban after they unlock EA, they need ships with high cargo, speed, they need NPCs for 3x rates, they need 1 hundred items to start making their first money and they are making not alot more than 100millions after their first trips.

People complaint about P2W in maritime, about everything being expensive, about everything being useless except from UWC stuff... God! We cannot mod our ships without SSIPs, and they cost tons of money! HOW is a new player possible to make his first improvements?? they need to pay half a BILLION for 4 mods....

they are quitting the game within a week, and i recruited many new players in my company and fleet to help them, after day 5-6 they started being less and less active and within 10 days i am sure they even uninstalled game.

For now, i told many things that people have been complaining about, and it's what i can think of right now! i will add more daily.

Sorry if the text is complicated or not very clear to read, english is not my native language and i will probably have made alot of mistakes in the writing above, i hope you can see the point and include ur own opinion below! even disagree with something, just explain the reason why so when and IF papaya see this they might think of start caring abit about this hidden gem game! Just please don't come here ready to start saying i am wrong and game is fine or so because it's time for all players to get united and make the change or see this game die and move on to something other... but be honest, we all play this game cause we like it, we can spot many players being around for 9+ years.... they don't just like it at this point, they love it! and i agree totally with them, this game has something that no other game of it's kind has achieved! Plenty of different stuff to do! you cannot "end" this game when it comes to content. BUT it really needs improvement to get saved. I even suggest a rework on the whole game, just don't wipe it again or even the existing players are going to quit for good this time, and i have made clear to myself that if we see another wipe, i will move to Japanese servers or even Korean. there i can find more players and kinda abit more balanced content.

Thanks for letting me state my opinion and i hope that u will help me achieve this goal and save UWO.

we are the same community and it's time to get united i think!!!

Best Regards a newbie player, Greekmeta!

Comments

• I used to play this game with net-marble several years back. Now I see ships with incredible speeds that have changed the aspect of play. No longer can one sail a shipyard made ship and compete with Astro ships. But if papaya play follows the example of World of Tanks, they can make adjustments to Astro ships so that pride of workmanship can come back into play. (why shipbuild if you can buy all you need). some ideas to balance the game play.

1. slow down/nerf the speed on some of those Astro ships
    2. require a permit of operation for Astro ships (sold in UWC shop) like the storage permits
    3. limit the number of fleet members to 2 from same IPO address. (reduce nanban profits/inflation)

Promotion: recruit a new player and get a reward (UWC credits) if such player/s plays for a certain time period.

Just some ideas.

• @Greekmeta Hello, I wanted to address some of your arguments about the state of the game as you are well right to be concerned. My name is Samantha and you probably have seen me around in the game as Samantha99. Since you've only been playing the game for 2 years i'll give you a little history and explanation to why the game isn't as it used to be and ways that would fix the problem for newer players. I've been playing everyday since the start of Maris and played the last 1 1/2 years of Gama server before and have been an advocate on the forums from Maris's start.

First and foremost, you have to understand that people quit games for different reasons. Yes this is a unique game but it has also been out for 18 years now! The Jap server opened in 2005 so there's a huge history for some people that play this game. The NA server (Gama) opened in 2010 so the english version has been around now for 12 years and many of the players you talk about have played from those early days. As time goes on, newer games (better graphics) come out and people drift off and join them. Although this game is unique, it is out of date for graphics and processing speed (there's alot of lag), but many people do come back since this game has that quality about it.

The reset... In late 2017 there was a change of publisher to carry UWO. The game has changed carriers many times over the time it was operating without any change to accounts or the game world. But when the server changed from OGP to Papaya there was issues with corrupt code which made it impossible to update the new "Age of Revolution" chapter. So there was a choice, either run old server but never be able to have any new updates or additions to the game or reset the game fresh and continue it with all the new content that was being developed by Koei. People had all kinds of conspiracy's about the reset but the facts are the facts, you can read all about it in the old forum posts from back then. Mostly it was from upset players that had invested thousands on Gama but that was OGP's fault not Papaya for them loosing. People still quit but it was expected and Koei assured Papaya that UWO would have a smaller but dedicated player base and that's what we've had for 5 years now. I lost out as well and was heartbroken but it worked out for the better for everyone in the long run. There WON'T be another reset, there would be no point to it and no good would come out of it nor would it solve any problems ingame. Maris server has had it bugs but has been stable and constant for the past 5 years now.

The grind... This is the biggest reason why people quit this game, the incredibly long grind times for some of the skills. This is not a game that gives 'quick rewards', you have to work for them or be satisfied with having less. This game is awesome when you first play it but it seems like it will take an impossible amount of time to finish some tasks and skills. People get frustrated and bored with the slow pace and leave the game. Papaya has helped in this area by offering constant buffs and many in game tasks get you rewards that give buff charms. If you do it right you can max pretty much any skill from a couple of days to a couple months now.

The multiboxer... This is a complex issue. Although there is merit to the disproportional amounts of income to someone who plays only 1 toon, but there's a purpose here. Originally when the game came out you could only use 1account. With the limit on the number of skills a person could have, it was done like that to promote interplayer co-operation, where others in your fleet would make up for skill diversity (this is why many skills are leachable). This is great in a game that has a high population but this is an older game now with a lower population. Now it's harder to have people that can be online at the same time that you are to work together, this is where multi accounts come in useful to make up for skill diversity. It wasn't long after this game was released that a second account was allowed for Gama. When Maris opened, they allowed a 3rd account to help people get to that high state of wealth quicker again because of the reset. Also they wanted to promote more home family group play for casual players. But like any aspect of every game, there will ALWAYS be players that will look for exploits in the game and milk them for all it's worth. I personally only use 2accounts and mostly just play with my main on the 1account. Since I play mostly solo, it's handy to have a second char for skill diversity so i can focus my main into a better specialized character. So there's pro's an cons to allowing them. If you want to play with 3 accounts 'so be it', if you want to play with less, then 'good on you'. There's other ways to make top monies in the game besides nanban.

Storage... This is a MAJOR issue in the game that frustrates many players, new and old. As a new player, you really don't know what's important and what's not, so your stating inventory gets filled quickly and it makes it difficult to expand. Over the years this game has grown so HUGE that it's almost impossible to really use just 1 account (another reason why we are allowed upto 3 accounts). There's so much stuff in the game now that you need multiple accounts especially if you want to do ship building. It's impossible to do ship grading with only 1account (not enough room for mat ships) and even modding takes up so much space for parts that you need a second account. All the crafting skills use up alot of space in your inventory/storage. You also need the space for gear/ship parts/consumables/books etc... One of the issues I encounter alot ingame is players frustrated that they can't get the extra storage expanders in the uwc shop. Binder/bag/vault/quarters/SE/decor/crest expanders should all be available in the regular UWC shop at all times! If a newer player can atleast modify their personal character, then they will most likely continue to play and even start paying into uwc more! Making these items always accessible also means that it's easy for non cash players to get those items at affordable rates. Inventory expansions are able to be gotten now in game from the new treasure chests so that's a great addition! On OGP, they sold those items (not the SE/decor/crest since SE/decor didn't exist yet) so it was great setting up my char early after i started playing the game regularly. Papaya should really consider this seriously instead of selling only for limited time once or twice per year.

• SSIP's... This problem has really only been plague us since 2021. Before that for all of Maris and going back to Gama, SSIP's have always been 20-25m each. There was a period where ssip's didn't appear in the cove/ct which started the trigger to their rise. Even then they only went up to 30-35m and even then it was to high. What you're seeing now is the result of resellers jacking up the prices by bidding with themselves to raise the standard. When newer players come to the game they get tricked to thinking this is the norm and just go with it. It's a shame that a few want to ruin it for everyone by making the problem worse where nobody wins, as opposed to being part of the solution where everyone wins and the game gets more popular with players staying instead of leaving. Papaya can solved the problem of population and kill these resellers by making ssip's available INGAME. On the Japanese server you can get them in game various ways (so i'm told) but that server is subscription base. The best way is to have them gotten at the palace secretary (like OSP) where you could buy them for like 10-20m each or have them crafted like OSP's. After all, THIS IS A SAILING GAME so make it easier for players to enjoy that aspect both cash and non cash players! Seeing ssip's selling or 50m each is ridiculous, no new player will want to stay since unmodded ships aren't practical for anything. You can get ssip's in the new treasure chests, but only in the upper ones and the drop rate for those chests and then the ssip's is small, it's not enough.

Player based market... This is something that Papaya has no control over since it's up to a person if they want to pay the price or make an offer when someone sells something on merchant chat. Some people are just stupid when it comes to setting prices on some items but not to worry and shop around. Just because someone wants a certain price for something doesn't mean he'll find a buyer anywhere, so that item will sit dead and worthless in their inventory. There's people on Maris that have dozens of accounts full of stuff that they will never sell and that makes it all worthless. Sometimes you'll see 'fire sales' on where you can pick up stuff cheap. But prices change constantly to the point where i've seen ships selling at 200ct one week then 130 the following week lol. Sometimes you'll have to pay an inflated price but that really comes down to 'how badly do you want that?' Just remember, having the top stuff is nice but not necessary and you can still have a fun game without it. Having a lower player base also means that there won't be as many copies of certain items due to limited drop rates in the cove/ct.

Maritime/p2w... Ok, there's something everyone needs to understand. Maris has been up for 5 years now and fact is there's players that have both worked hard in game and have invested over the years to get to where they are now have gear/ships/skills to show for. Someone who's only just started the game (1-2years) can't expect to be on the same lvl of play as those players. However... Just because you have a top ship or gear doesn't mean any guarantee of wins in battle! Both lower tier and fs ships can compete just fine as both myself and Havok proved in game!

https://forum.papayaplay.com/discussion/2609/proof-that-even-a-low-tier-ship-can-compete-against-the-top-tier-ones#latest

It's unfortunate that my pic links got nerfed (I really should put in a ticket but it's old thread now), but it shows how i was able to take out in melee those 420 crew ships in melee using only around 200, and Havok shows fs ship demos of competitive play using them. It can be discouraging seeing some of the powerhouses out there but don't sweat it. Get your skills up and practice playing in pvp environment in places like BC (you can't die or loose any dura on parts). It really comes down to player skill in battle for pvp. It's not just shooting or melee, it's mostly maneuver's staying alive from enemy cannons. Staying alive is more important than sinking ships (ofc that's the point of battle). When it comes to speed of the ships, that's alot of max skill work as well. R25 sail handling or rowing makes a massive difference on the speed of a ship (especially rowing since you can refine). If you play or want to play PVP then you'll have to be prepared to go up against people who are much better than you, that's what pvp is. You can't put restrictions on 'cash' items, that's why people pay real world money for those items!

UWC ships... There's been many threads out about how there's to many versions of the same ship with minor differences released. Doing this drives up the prices on CT's and overall the cost in game for many things if everything gets standardized to CT. Personally, I believe that CT's shouldn't be more than 1b for ingame value. That's why this game needs is a item to represent a 1b marker. Checks were brought up to papaya but it's complicated to the game mechanics so for now we have to use ct for anything over 100m. My advice to you on this is focus on what you like to do best and find a great ship that is geared to your needs and playstyle then don't worry about ships anymore and use what you have. My first maritime ship MR (modified real) I used competitively for the first 3years of Maris until I got my RNG (royal neapolitan galleass) which I used for the next 2years of the server until now. I just recently finally got a top tier ship but it took 5 years of playing with less but still having fun in the game. Eventhough I have a high end ship PASR (pirate advanced soliel royal), i still use my RNG and even in BC will go back to using my low tier MSF (modified super frigate) in BC for fun.

Nanban... Just so you know this isn't the only way to get money in the game. I don't do nanban (less than 30 runs total over 5years) and spend very little in uwc (mostly for monthly storage expansions). I have a full set of top gear for my play style and decent ships all of which i got in game (at inflated prices lol). You can make billions each month from crafting, grinding maps in archive, doing SoW etc... Thanks to me, you can make great profit now grinding the colleseum for roman coins to sell 'smoke bombs of retreat' lol. That's the great thing about this game, is that there's many different things you can do. If you want nanban for xp, you can also grind dungeons with esbt's, and doing this will build your battle skills for later if you want to give pvp a try and you get treasure chests for possible valuable items!

Yes the game does have issues but mostly it's player gread and ego that's bringing the game down. All the ducets in the game won't help you and are worthless if you're the only one left in the game. I think if the ssip issue can be addressed then that will make the world of difference. If you play smart then you can avoid the over inflated prices. Most important point you have to remember is that "don't put more focus on other people's game over your own" and the top items are a luxury not a necessity. If you work towards it you can be on the same level as them.

I hope this helps somewhat anyways. You can always pm me ingame if you want to talk about different ideas.

Samantha99

• So, @purplepir* you don't have something to suggest so they fix this game? You are so many years in this game... Thanks for explaining me the past of the UWO but... for example when u say me that FS ships can compete in pvp... FS ships might be able to survive for abit, but FS cannons and FS plates can't, i cannot kill 1700dura ship 180 armor with Carronades.... there is a combination of many things to reach a point. PVP is p2w, or let's say pay to progress faster.... if u pay u progress ahead like 6 months, because if me as a newbie maritimer wanna do nanbans or crafting to make some money and reach the point of buying Superior Volkans 16s for example, i will first need to either grind production skills to the max so i can craft and make money or first find trade skills, POs, a good cargo ship which i need to mod so i can have more cargo and a bit more speed, NPCs to make rates 3x so i can nanban and make some reasonable money... So the P2progress faster does not state since i first need to reach a point of making some good money and for that to happen i need to first spend money (invest) and then i start making the real money to get the equipments/ships... also to mod an FS ship and use in battle i need 10-15CTs... like 15-22.5Billions, where can i make them as a new f2p maritimer??? The game IS p2w and pay to progress faster at the same time. The fact some people make 500m-1b from each nanban run and say "yo, go do nanbans" is because they have reached the point to be able to make that much. when a new player starts he can't even get saori for example and make some good profit... he sells some useless EA goods to gather contrib points, so he needs to grind nanban points, skills, make a ship ffor nanbans and THEN start making money for the stuff he really needs.... That's the painful truth, i am glad and thankfull that you spent time to explain me ur opinion and i asked for everyone's own opinion of course, but this is the reallism, that happens in this game nowadays. Havok once told me that he using feathers and spamming nanbans and making 500m per run or making panels.... he didn't clarify me how many billions and time does a player need to grind SB to r18 so he can make panels... nor he clarified how much money and leveling and IQuesting is needed to reach nanbaning with 3 toons, using 5 clermonts and one leading ship which is going at least with 12 knots or u need ages to reachh EA and back to EU... a day has 24 hours only and people has other stuff to do too.. LOL, papaya thinks that we only live for UWO and paying cash to them it seems :)... Anyway again thanks for answering this topic, of course your ideas and suggestions will play a big part IF papaya decides to ever listen to us... they better look at the other 2 topics in this forum that are complaining about the same thing, Nellemus was the one and i cannot really remember the second.!!!

• master cannon 20 and master carronade 20 are crafted by players and used in pvp.

• So, @purplepir* you don't have something to suggest so they fix this game?

Since you admitted that your english isn't strong, i'll give you the benefit and assume you didn't understand my solutions as opposed to just not reading what I wrote. I did give solutions for the problems that i listed, but I do admit it was a long read so i'll summarize to make it easier.

The grind: long time to build skills/money/gear/ship setup.

solution: The first point I made to you was This is not a game that gives 'quick rewards'. You have to put time into the game if you're going to take it seriously. Papaya helps with this by giving regular server buffs and access to different boost charms in game. You can also go to youtube and find tons of tutorials for speed grinds by many different players. Ofc you can always just ask someone in chat.

The multiboxer: People make more money than me.

solution: Get over it! Many players here have been playing for a very long time to make their setups so people WILL be richer than you. You will only ruin your own experience in this game if you obsess over what other have over you. See other players as inspirations to build towards rather than 'why do they get that and i don't' attitude. You are given upto 3 accounts so you can get cloer to their level of wealth faster than if you only were to use 1 toon like in the original days of the game. An older lower populated game like this is better since it's more geared to solo play now. FYI, there's more successful non cash players than there are cash spenders in this game, myself being one of them. All of my ships and top gear I earned paying ingame overinflated prices and I don't do nanban. The only time i ever got anything from cove was a special 'higher drop rate' special they had where I (and most people on server at that time lol) got Brave pendant. People were selling in the comp shops because there were so many in game in those weeks lol.

Storage: Especially for newer players, limited space is a major turnoff.

solution: Binder/bag/vault/quarters/SE/decor/crest expanders should all be available in the regular UWC shop at all times!  modding one's personal character is a strong selling aspect to get players to stay longer and generates more regular revenue for Papaya!

SSIP's: 50m is impossible for newer players to afford. This is true but is not papaya's fault. It's a few greedy players that jacked up the prices.

solution: The best way is to have them gotten at the palace secretary (like OSP) where you could buy them for like 10-20m each or have them crafted like OSP's. The advice I usually give to people in game is that if you want to build a ship to play this game seriously then just put a few dollars (50$) which will set you up with not only ssip's but ship part material orders for important parts to make it right. Don't get sucked into the reseller's trap. Sometimes you can buy uwc directly from players off of chat.

Player based market: everything is overpriced and controlled by resellers.

solution: Don't always take the first price, shop around or advertise your offer price. Most importantly, BE PATIENT! Prices change so wait for the drops and/or look for 'fire sales' from players. Another good way to get friends, sometimes a friend might sell you something you need at a reduced price.

Maritime/p2w: this is all pay to win, impossible to compete as free to play player.

solution: For this you have to get your thinking straight, Maritime is different from PvP so you have to understand that. You can do any of the ingame encounters with a fs ship fine, this includes all npc's, ganador and sea of wonders as a free (non cash) to play player. PvP is a whole different world in itself. Here you will face a range of players from the most hardcore cash players to casual players. But having the top ship is NO GUANTEE of any wins. People here compete just fine with both high end and low end ships and gear, if you read my other thread I gave you then you'll hear testimony's from many different players that use lower end gear/ships and yet make all kinds of kills in battle. The key to being successful in pvp is practice. Don't expect to be an all star as a new player going up against seasoned pro's that have been playing for years. Yes in game guns can sink 1700 dura ships with high armor!

UWC ships: to expensive and to powerful, fs has no chance against them.

solution; I get your frustrations when it comes to using fs but you'd be surprised at how good many of those ships are in the right hands. You've only been playing for 2years and only recently joined pvp so you really don't have the experience or knowledge to make statements on what works and what doesn't in battle. Ships are expensive to make and out of all 3 professons, maritime is the most expensive part of UWO to play. A good way to reduce the cost is to learn ship building and make everything yourself. There's also a massive amount of very low priced high competitive uwc ships that are easy to buy on chat if you want to go that route instead of fs.

Nanban: cash players make to much money vs it takes to long for non cash players.

soution: nanban is fine if that's your style but there's other ways to make money to. You really need to get off that "nanban" obsession it really shouldn't bother you that much, it's only a game and some people have been playing longer than you, that's all there is to it, focus on your own game, not theirs.

If it helps, The early years of my pvp experience was frustrating at times and even caused me to rage quit a few times lol. i was using a low tier uwc ship at the time so i died alot. But I practiced and practiced over time and got better as I learned. Now I can compete on equal lvl with top players but it takes time to get good. If you're good then you don't need top ship and you'll even see players change up their ships in different battles to play different strategy's. Don't give up and keep trying it does get better but it does take time.

This is not a game that gives 'quick rewards', you have to work for them or be satisfied with having less

• edited December 2022

@Greekmeta

Bo$$ BXtch Purple broke this down perfectly I just wanted to add a few things

1. When people say this game takes "Time" we dont really say HOW much time I'll give you an idea. This is one of the few games where after 1 or 2 years you're still considered a novice even whales 🐳 . After 3 or 4 you will have a good grasp of the game and year 5 and on one can consider you an expert 7+ you're an OG you're writing guides, running companies, holding events, some consider you a legend etc. Crazy part even the OG's of UWO still learn new things everyday. So keep that in mind when you consider the sheer scope of the game. Its a marathon not a sprint.

2. Multiboxing...you CAN multibox but there are many other things you can do for cash and lots of it w/o multiboxing. Ie. FS part seller, dungeon rat, aide food seller, SB'er, master crafter, Rare plunderer, Cannon Seller, Auction etc. I can go and on and on. I did all these things and only boxed to pass goods around they never left Seville. Basically its not mandatory so no need to sweat it. I was one of the games richest players at one time but I was free 2 play anything is possible the greatest resource to money making is knowlege and time. Time conquers all consider this...if you made 50 mil every day which is easy and only requires about 30 mins to an hour each day even novices can acheive this after just 1 year you will have 18.25 BILLION ducats I'm just saying...slow and steady wins the race

3. Resellers/ overpriced items / storage: Its a necessary evil this game doesn't have millions of players like WoW or Genshin Impact so the publisher needs to make cash with the small player base. This game is over what 15 years old now its super dated but has massive content. So you won't see cheap stuff it simply is what it is you will make the cash just need to devote the time or the wallet or a mix of both to make it.

Lastly the game is dying: in my sigh...well over a decade of playing UWO this same thread topic has been created hundreds of times literally lol. Yet UWO is still here I'm convinced this game will be like that old ass game Ultima here a very long time. UWO will be passed around from publisher to publisher more times than a blunt at frat party but it never dies. Invested players who "quit" UWO rarely ever totally quit they always linger and keep tabs on the game or restart the game as a new toon or hit the forums. Look at me I dont even have time to play anymore and still I prowl the forums (sic) as many others who "quit" do as well lol. The players of UWO are like Roaches in New York City you can never truly get rid of them and thats why the game keeps chugging along and won't die.

Good luck be patient you got many years ahead of you.

• I didn't address the issues with the school system since there's already been DOZENS of threads about already and that literally takes it's own thread just for that topic.

• Guess ill drop my 2 cents lol

IS the game dead?

no its more is a odd limbo state of life-support its not dead and still gets updates but its far from being a healthy or thriving community when 75% of the player count is alts if not more.

Multiboxing

plays a huge part on why we dont get many new plays if any lol most people dont want to come in to a game and have to run 3 toons just to get by .And when u u feel your time in the game is pointless because of how inflated some stuff is.normal u can get 2-2.5k cargo but with 2 alts u are hitting 8-9k cargo it does make it a huge gap in $$.U can still get by but if u are playing normaly u have to put in 3x the work just to get by on some things .

Resellers

there just scum that drive up prices or have people help drive up there price lol. the hypocrisy here in this form is mind blowing tho a good lol.

AT the end of the day its players that are more to blame for the state of the game thin anything and the co a close 2nd for failling for lies and letting players ruin the game in name of greed.

No matter what theres only 1 fix and that would be the co to step up and bal the game's insane horrid economy thats run buy a hand full of players.That will never happen tho.

And sadly even if u point out the probs and fixes people will fight u tooth and nail on it . Its like pointing out that someones leg is on fire and them saying "no its not".

did get a lol tho reading the excuses and outrageous justifications .

• edited December 2022

Smh.

1. Auctioning isn't reselling 🤦🏽‍♀️. Reselling is buying for a price then selling it again for a higher price. Which is essentially how all goods are sold in stores IRL. In this game the econonomy is ruled by Supply and Demand nobody is forced to pay for anything. The price isnt determined by a nameless toon shouting WTS SSIP for 50mil but rather by the person buying it for 50mil. You can wait for a better a price and if no buyers or others offer it cheaper they sell for less happens time and time again. I never got taken advantage of by resellers if I needed SSIP I simply wait and paid less and if I needed it fast I pay the higher price b/c it was needed now. Supply and demand.

2. Even you admitted it you CAN get by without Multiboxing. And you dont HAVE to put in 3x the work the beauty of the game is you are not FORCED to do anything. You WANT it now and dont want to wait and well again if you are not patient you need to be a multibox maniac or pay. You can easily play casually and have enough to progress two people in this forum achieved everything we needed and never multi nanbanned or reselled so...if we can do it anyone else can instead of whining just put in the work or the wallet.

3. The most egregious claim multi box is why we dont get new players lol. Preposterous. Go to Genshin impact reddit or Fornite or LoL forums those have millions of players and ask hey why arent you guys playing uncharted waters online. They will first reply WTF is that? Then say ok I'll try it then see the outdated graphics and long ass tutorial and say nah not for me I guarantee they will NOT say its the multiboxers as the reason. The point is simple why play a 15+ year old game that most wont know about due to no marketing and being dated when you can play Genshin or Fortnite with better graphics huge open world and millions of other players? Take it easy forum mods I'm making a point lol. Not saying this game is bad its far from it what I am saying is this is a very niche game now and it only appeals to a very narrow scope of players. Blaming multibox for the game not having players is equivalent to saying the only reason super mario brothers 1 from 1987 isn't popular today in 2022 is because the level design isn't good lol

4. Also from a business standpoint. Papaya has this game with less than going to guesstimate and say 5k players (prolly pushing it here). Lets say each player spends or causes others to spend on them $50 a month thats 250k a month. Subract salaries, licensing fees, server cost/ hosting cuts that down to 100k a month after a year the game would gross 1.2 mil. Now if you're papaya why wouldn't you allow multi box and have each of those 5k players access to 2 additional characters to level that essentially TRIPLES the amount of SSIP, ships , Nanban Purveyor, gear etc. Needed. So that 100k a month jumps to 300k and yearly is now 3.6 million in profit. Its simple math if you kill all multis you kill their profit. . If you say oh but new players would come in its balanced lol come on now this 15+ yr old game aint bringing in 1k new players a month to justify the huge financial loss if the all multi were nuked. This game prolly brings in...what 20 to 30 new players that stay a month maybe?? Those multis keep the lights on like it or not. It makes more money to force more cash out of the players you already have rather than pray for new ones...hard truth

5. Last but not least what should Papaya do? I doubt Koei has UWO 2 or mobile successor in the works so we stuck with this game.

A. I'd market this game as the most unique MMORPG in the world with the most content of any of them. Also the game that offers the most content for the least amount of money most indepth crafting systems... may post ads on sites or even better reward players in the game for sharing this game on FB, twitter, IG etc.

5b. This game needs to take the famous characters of the game Alias, Wallenstein etc. And unique weapons And turn them into gatcha that give players certain effects. And getting dupes increases the effects. This makes all pulls worth it. Put these characters and weapons as cosplays on tiktok and twitter and link to the game to create buzz

5c. Pay some popular Social media influencers to try and review and play the game. Give them a special toon or title in game and suped up ship. Social media is powerful. Maybe 5k to play this game on twitch for a month

5d. Not sure if possible make a mobile port of this game with simplified controls. Graphics aint hard to replicate make it alot easier to play this game since you dont need to be tethered to a desk.

5e. Add a new pluderable cash item that gives +2 to all stats, +20% speed and Turn speed, increased attack defense, +25% GS chance of crafting. Only catch can only be used in hostile waters if no flag is enabled and tribs dont work. Should make all plunders worth it and gives risk takers an advantage.

5f. Reward companies and directors for hosting player events. Simple they register an event on the forums GM or CA supervises accordingly.

• @cronofox No matter what theres only 1 fix and that would be the co to step up and bal the game's insane horrid economy thats run buy a hand full of players.

So, what you're suggesting here is that... "A new player on his first week in the game who's spent NO MONEY should be on the same lvl as a player who's been playing 5 years straight and put thousands of dollars in the game????"

Clearly, you have no concept of what the problems are in the game or how to solve them. If you think a wipe will fix everything but how would that balance anything???? Pro's and people with money will just catapult themselves back to extremes again in a very short time and will just re-dominate the market again, and the game will loose even more people that have devoted time and moneys over the years already since they won't rebuild yet a 3rd time! Sooooo, what exactly are you suggesting besides just complaining?

Guess ill drop my 2 cents lol

Ya, that's about the only value you've added here...

• The game is what it is. There is nothing coming from Koei to clean the poop out of this big sandbox. They just dump in more sand while the smell remains. The game is either fun or it is not. When a game starts stressing you out, walk away for a bit and refocus on an aspect that is fun for the moment. The overall game is an unhealthy mess of mostly alts and obsolete gameplay, but as long as it has a few areas where I have fun, I will play even if sporadic. I would recommend expecting no significant improvements and adjusting your gameplay accordingly. If the game is no longer fun in any way, it is time to leave as many have already done. No game should be a stressor. Too many other things are more important and another better-maintained game may be more fun for you. I wish no one would leave, but this game is not well and Koei is more likely to end it versus update it in a meaningful way.

• The current game problem is very very low player base. If real players, not alts or numerous ip accounts, will be 1k or close to 10k, game will be fun to play, economics will be steady, great ships will be more thus more action in playing. Now, game is just all about CT's trade, high tier uwc ships are selling mainly in-between those who invest large amounts of real cash because new players or no-cash players can just dream about to get them. If the player base and game dynamics will be like on ogp or netmarble, plus opld school system, game may be more attractive to all new and old players. Plus, if comparing uwo to other mmoprg's in this time of year like Wargaming/EVE/Wizard-pirates101, others offer a bunch of frees stuff, events, few days free premium services/free lifetime uwc like captains, 5days or more open worlds for all players not just for members and other premium benefits, but uwo offers classics 100%'s like every 14 days...for the end of a year celebration "Thank you for supporting UWO" instead of giving free CT for each login per IP per day, 50% or more discounts on everything, free highly usable items or ships...instead of all that only $ is wanted from players. And btw, 100% proef/xp/fame and Atlantis should be present in game whole the time and make game more attractive for newcomers and no-cash players. Do just that and game will be alive again. Simple.

• @Live4uwo I"m sorry but your 'view' of what the game is just YOUR view. You think the game is nothing but just trading ct and high tier uwc ships but you're wrong. I follow chat and to be honest it's really the same 1-2 dozen people on all the time but yet the game has a couple hundred people playing at all times. The majority of people are NOT in seville just sitting on chat but actually playing the game and don't involved themselves except rarely. Try actually leaving seville sometime! I"m out on the seas and i see people sailing all throughtout the game doing different things. Yes some people spend their time on chat trading but you can't say that's what the whole game is about now, how ignorant.

Fact of matter is that this game is almost 2 decades old now and people who use to play this game years ago are much older now, have families/jobs/friends and do other things now and/or other games now. New young people won't come to a game that's 20 years old that people don't play anymore when they can play a newer games that has 1000's of users on it and that's all there is to it. Stop coming up with lame excuses that you really have no real clue about and face the facts... THIS GAME IS OLD AND OUT OF DATE NOW!

Papaya offering free stuff wont' bring new players to the game, why would they come for free stuff to an outdated game when they are playing newer ones, how rediculous a claim. Also as CPC said, this game isn't advertised as much as many newer ones so people just don't know of it but even if they did, why would they come to a game that's 20 years old? Even if they did, they will find that this game is a slow developmental game that many people dont' want to put the time into. This is a niche game now that only appeals to a select few people now and that's all there is to it...

Also you are way off about about non cash players "only dreaming" about getting cash items. what a load of... I"m a non cash player and yet i'm one of the richest in the game with much of the top tier stuff and yet i've never gotten anything from cove/ct, i buy everything in game from other people, if you don't like the player market then don't buy into it, simple. So get your facts straight. People still have fun playing this game with low population since many people play solo for much of the game now, ofc it would be more fun if the game had 1000's of users but that's not the case anymore. If the game bores you then move on, if you enjoy it and play it then just say that instead of complaining. It sais more negative about you, a person that wastes their time in a game that they have noting positive to say about than just 'Ya the game isn't what it use to be but I still play and enjoy it'.

it's not the items that makes uwo a great game, it's the game itself!

• Sorry, what?

"I"m a non cash player and yet i'm one of the richest in the game with much of the top tier stuff and yet i've never gotten anything from cove/ct"

"i've never gotten anything from cove/ct"

Yet just a few posts above...

"The only time i ever got anything from cove was a special 'higher drop rate' special they had where I (and most people on server at that time lol) got Brave pendant."

So did you get anything from cove or didn't you? Make a decision, both versions can't be simultaneously true.

If we look a bit further, you've also previously made a post on the now-archived forums about you doing legend exchange a number of times, which itself requires you to have rolled cove a large number of times... (You mentioned 8 legend exchanges, which if my maths is correct, 5x8 = 40 cove rolls? Or more specifically, 40 rolls that gave things you can and would want to exchange, so likely the total number is even higher)

In fact, there's another post from you regarding cove from even further back, so this wasn't just one time for the brave pendant then?

This one is almost a year prior to the first one I mentioned...

So much for "never gotten anything from cove/ct" huh?

Of course, there's nothing wrong with spending money, no need to be ashamed of it. Which is why these inconsistencies are troubling.

I'm sure you'll clear it all up though. Maybe it's a different purplepirate that made the prior posts?

• @SteakIsLife123 BWAHAHAHAHA, you're not even in the right context for your arguments LOL. You need to actually READ what the conversation is about! But trolls rarely do actually read what people are talking about so i'll educate you... The point people where making was about the imbalance of people who invest hundreds to thousands of dollars when new stuff is released to make sure they have all the top ships and gear that come out in the game. I didn't say i never play cove, of course i've played it over the past 5 years of Maris, how else would i be able to make the statement that I've never gotten anything of high value unless i've played it? The fact that i've gotten so much unusable stuff to be able to trade into legend cove shows that! lol (But I guess things like npc and world language readers are valuable to you and that you're the type of player that trades in their progs and supbrave gear parts to legend instead lol).

Fact that brave pendant is valuable doesn't mean anything. The cove that it was released (new years 2020-2021), papaya had a special higher drop rate, in 40 keys i got 2 BP's as well pretty much everyone got BP. So the point that BP was a common drop for that one cove where pretty much everyone who played got atleast 1 makes me a liar??? Lets break this down shall we? For $100 you get about 50 keys, 40 keys is about $80. So you're trying to compare my one time lucky spend of 80bucks to people who literally spend 1000's everytime new powerful stuff come out? BWAHAHAHAHA, you're gonna have to do better than that troll, cause you sound very foolish. A 'cash' player is someone who spends large amounts of monies to make sure they have all the top stuff whether it's from buying keys for cove or CT's to open or trade to players for those items, not someone who spends the majority of money on storage lol.

I don't know whether to be flattered or creeped out that you spent so much time 'researching' all my posts (current and past archived). Interesting though that you only picked the posts that support your trolling and omitted ones where I actually talk about low drop rates in cove and state that when i do play cove (which is rare) it's usually for the lesser items that i know i'll get, not the top items in the cove. What you're doing is called 'cherry picking' . I've fully admitted in many threads that I spend money regularly on things like Shared storage/strongbox etc but none of those items have anything to do with p2w but you already know that about me since you spent so much time going though all my posts lol. I also find it interesting that of all my post, the only 2 examples you came up with doesn't say anything about me getting any good items from them, quite the opposite actually lol. So what is it that you're actually accusing me of?

You trolls make me laugh how you come into threads with your pointless 'off topic' rants and incomplete facts and think you're 'all that' lol. The way you went out of your way to single me out and try to discredit me makes me think that you must be some little scrub that i whipped my boots on after I easily took you out in some pvp event and you're just upset lol. Clearly you have way to much time on your hands with nothing valuable to contribute, maybe you should do something more constructive with your time, I hear stamp collecting was fun back in the day maybe try that lol...

• edited January 2023

"I didn't say i never play cove"

But you did... in your post just above...

"I"m a non cash player and yet i'm one of the richest in the game with much of the top tier stuff and yet i've never gotten anything from cove/ct,"

It's your own words not mine.

"So what is it that you're actually accusing me of?"

Being a liar, I thought that was quite obvious.

You've changed your story three times in this thread alone.

First you said you did cove once for brave pendant.

Then you said you've never gotten anything from cove.

Now you're saying you've done it multiple times.

Again there's nothing wrong with spending money, I'm just confused why your story keeps changing three times now in this thread alone.

It really didn't take much time to find those prior posts.

How is it cherry picking to point out inconsistent facts?

In a court of law, is it merely "cherry picking" to notice a witness repeatedly changing their story, each time claiming it to be the truth? I guess so by your logic?

I thought that was called perjury. My mistake.

• edited January 2023

Well you are pretty much the only one who is always posting a lengthy mumbo jumbo about how great you are on a forum where maybe 2 unique people visit per day, and you clearly seem to be contradicting yourself from time to time and flat out lying at times. No one else does this. After a while your posts stand out because honestly some of them are hilariously incorrect, perhaps that is why people are remembering them and brining them up. Without fail though, when you get called out, you always post another lengthy one trying to humiliate other players by calling them trolls for disagreeing with your "proof" and/or calling your bluff. Even if they are not calling you out, your general attitude towards anyone you disagree with is quite appalling. You called them ignorant and ridiculous for having their own views on a thread about posting ones' own ideas. And what does in-game performance have anything to do with posting on the forums? Are you saying people are not allowed to point that you are contradicting yourself because they did not win in game? That is just irrelevant and weird.

To me it actually seems like it is you who has too much free time on your hands, perhaps it's time for you to pump the brakes and try collecting stamps yourself?

• @SteakIsLife123 see here's your problem. When someone is a troll they will literally 'hack' up posts taking parts from different posts and change the wording to suit their needs leaving out important parts and rearranging the order of others in order to distort what's actually being said.

I didn't say I never play cove... / But you did... in your post just above...

I've never said in any thread (current or past) that I've never played cove. I have said that I've never gotten any super rare drops but not getting high rank drops is completely different meaning than saying I've never played it at all (that i've never said). I talk very openly about being a casual user in many threads, but you already know that since you researched my past posts, you just don't want to admit that so you distort what was actually said.

your next problem is that you didn't read in detail what I actually wrote so you made up your own version of what i said or you did read but are purposely leaving out what was said to change the meaning. So lets actually see what i wrote and in the actual order and context it was used...

1st post: a) My first maritime ship MR (modified real) I used competitively for the first 3years of Maris until I got my RNG (royal neapolitan galleass) which I used for the next 2years of the server until now. I just recently finally got a top tier ship but it took 5 years of playing with less but still having fun in the game b) I don't do nanban (less than 30 runs total over 5years) and spend very little in uwc (mostly for monthly storage expansions). I have a full set of top gear for my play style and decent ships all of which i got in game (at inflated prices lol)

come on I don't even mention anything about cove or using it at all like you are trying to get people to believe and clearly state the truth of how i obtained my gear.

2nd post: a)  All of my ships and top gear I earned paying ingame overinflated prices and I don't do nanban. The only time i ever got anything from cove was a special 'higher drop rate' special they had where I (and most people on server at that time lol) got Brave pendant. People were selling in the comp shops because there were so many in game in those weeks lol.

here is the first time I even mention about using cove and I CLEARLY STATE THER WAS ONE EXCEPTION! so what am i lying about? And i certainly never stated that I "only played cove for BP" like you are trying to say, but show that I only got them because they weren't super rare drops but common drops. This is another example of how you twisted facts here.

I"m a non cash player and yet i'm one of the richest in the game with much of the top tier stuff and yet i've never gotten anything from cove/ct, i buy everything in game from other people

this post you quoted I made was actually from my 6th post in this thread. this is the first time that I state 'I've never gotten anything from cove' but the context live4uwo was using was about getting top rare drops so what i said WAS the truth. It was well established by this time in the thread that there was one exception due to a special circumstance. So i've not lied about anything at all, you are just changing facts of the context to suit your own false accusation. Other than those posts, there's no mention about cove in my posts but nice try troll...

There's 12 spots of importance for competitive play, 3ships (light,standard,heavy), 6spots for worn gear, 3 spots for SE. Only using 1 part will have no benefit in combat for you, it's a combination of items. Ship parts and consumables you can get in game but lets see the ratio of my in-game gain vs. any cove gains

ships: cove: 0 / in-game buy: 3

worn gear: cove 1 / in-game buy: 5

SE: cove: 0 / in-game buy: 3

so i've gotten 11/12 components working in game over the past 5 years to afford while i've only received 1 part from a lucky high drop rate but that makes me some lying cash spending p2w player? LOL ya your views are pretty distorted.

• @calicaddy46 Cali I'm surprised at you! You've been playing this game a very long time (longer than me), and even back on Gama have a good reputation. You were the 'go to' person for sb on the server at one time and were here though the whole reset being a big positive contributor in the forums back then and we've even played esf and sank eachother all in the name of fun without issue. In the early years of Maris you saw all the mad people after the reset and the trolls that appeared and started trashing any and every aspect of the game/company/people. You also have seen the trolls that pop up not just here but also on game chat to start up drama with something or someone lol. So I'm just surprised that you are actually getting caught up in this ones clear attempt at changing what was actually said which i just showed lol.

Being part of the forums over the years you would well know that i've openly talked about using the cove occasionally, what's wrong with that? Just because i've played before over the past 5 years doesn't mean i've ever drawn any super rares which is complete truth. The BP wasn't a super rare in that cove, it was a common drop I didn't get the super rare from that cove, I stated this right from the start in the very first post and that I had to buy my ships and gear in game paying inflated prices which is all true. When greekmeta needed more explaination I very openly stated that i got the BP in the second post but only because it was common drop in that cove. That's 1 part out of 12 important spots for play (11 spots i bought in game) and BP is useless for gunnery combat so it's only valuable in specialized setups not for most pvpers. I didn't lie at all and have been very open and honest. If you want to read into it incorrectly and think that I am a liar well i'm sorry you feel that way but but you're basing your reasons poorly.

Without fail though, when you get called out, you always post another lengthy one trying to humiliate other players by calling them trolls for disagreeing with your "proof" and/or calling your bluff. Even if they are not calling you out, your general attitude towards anyone you disagree with is quite appalling.

Well this statement is just wrong and odd coming from you. My 'attitude' on the fourms is actually quite 'neutral', it really comes down to how a person presents themselves here depends on how I react. If you act like a lunitic or rant about something thats been discussed dozens of times before sure i'll react alittle stern but if you come on here with legit concerns I've always tired to help to best of my knowledge. It doesn't matter if I'm right or not, greekmeta ask for people to post their different views, proof of that is that there's been 9 other people whom involved themselves in this thread. Hollis,95merc7,CPC,rangerzfan all made posts here that made points I don't necessarily agree with but yet I didn't even respond to them. Greekmeta came on here making complaints which i responded with no attitude at all and even gave them credit for their frustration do to being ESL. You might think i make "lengthy mumbo jumbo" posts but you'd be suprised at how many players appreciate a more detailed discussion for explaination (even if it's just "maybe 2 unique people visit per day"). You know very well how complicated some aspects of this game are and that 'simplified responses' only cause more confusion. Greemeta even stated this in his second post and CPC eveb said that people tend to leave out details on the best way to do things in game in favor of simplified answers.

Cronofox was just crying for a reset but there's many players that can't handle that some people have more than them in game so a reset is their solution lol. Live4uwo I actually said some of the same things he said (just worded it differently) in agreement but thought some of his comments were exagerated. He's been in this game long enough to know that it will never go back to having 1000's of users again and that offering free stuff might help keep current players here but wont' bring in new ones. So please don't make comments like that when it's clearly not true, you're a better person than that.

Now as for steakislife, that's a different story. Maybe it's my woman's intuition but right from the start i knew this person wasn't right. As you know from past forum threads, trolls tend to come into important and/or useful threads with off topic rants and/or attacks in disrupt or 'hijack' them. They'll distort facts and create lies in order to cause drama. And like steak here, even will change the wording in what was said to support their attack. He's not here for anything about the game itself or issues in it, he's not even here to be part of the discussion of the thread. He's here for one reason, because he has personal issues with me and made that very clear right from the start as his post has nothing to do with anything in this thread at all. He's clearly fabricated a lie using only 'partial' points and changing the wording I've made to distort the context of it. He's also using a 'ghost' account that was only just created yesterday so he can troll hidden behind anonymity lol. You came on here as yourself with nothing to hide supporting him but I haven't given you attitude (but then again you didn't post here to troll). If someone has a personal issue with a person fine, but you can deal with issues in game, you don't go on a public forum in a thread off topic unless you are trolling. You've been around long enough to know this cali, so I think my reaction is well warranted considering and i'm suprised you missed all the signs this guy is a troll. 

If i'm incorrect on some of my points then fine, why don't you do what greek asked for and post your own view and solutions to issues in the game? Attacking another player's integrity that trys to help other players while having nothing to contribute themselves seems pretty beneath you. Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

• edited January 2023

"And like steak here, even will change the wording in what was said to support their attack." (direct quote)

I changed no wording, thank you very much.

I exclusively used direct quotes from you.

You changed my wording.

You are "cherry picking" (direct quote)

"so i've gotten 11/12 components working in game over the past 5 years to afford while i've only received 1 part from a lucky high drop rate but that makes me some lying cash spending p2w player? LOL ya your views are pretty distorted." (direct quote)

I never called you a "lying cash spending p2w player" (direct quote).

I called you a liar, whether you spend money or not is only relevant to the point of whether you said you got nothing from cove or not. See what I actually said here:

""So what is it that you're actually accusing me of?"

Being a liar, I thought that was quite obvious."

"Again there's nothing wrong with spending money, I'm just confused why your story keeps changing three times now in this thread alone."

You could have just admitted the inconsistency as a mistake or a miswording or something, but instead you write walls about how I'm evil and you're not a cash player and you're not p2w and you don't do nanban and you have all the best gear and how you don't do nanban and how this is a burner account (but it's actually been in constant use for many years now, since GAMA) and how I'm twisting facts by directly quoting you and how you don't do nanban.

There is nothing wrong with being a cash player. I've said this numerous times now. All I said was there's an inconsistency with your statements.

"He's also using a 'ghost' account that was only just created yesterday so he can troll hidden behind anonymity lol." (direct quote)

This account has probably existed longer than yours has. But sure, totally make up "facts" like you accuse me of.

You say I twist facts (source: "This is another example of how you twisted facts here." (direct quote)).

But the entire premise of this is you twisting facts.

You're saying you've "never gotten anything" (direct quote) is the same meaning as "I have said that I've never gotten any super rare drops" (direct quote).

Is this not twisting facts to suit whatever anecdote you're concocting at the time?

"All of my ships and top gear I earned paying ingame overinflated prices and I don't do nanban" (direct quote)

"I don't do nanban (less than 30 runs total over 5years)" (direct quote)

Also why do you repeatedly say you don't do nanban? Do you consider that shameful like you seem to consider spending money?

"but you already know that since you researched my past post" (direct quote)

"but you already know that about me since you spent so much time going though all my posts lol" (direct quote)

Truthfully I've really not read many of your past posts, but sure, continue fabricating "facts". I had an interest in looking at the archived forums since they're available and I hadn't read them in quite some time and noticed a couple that also happened to contradict what you said here that I'd read a little bit ago, which is what made me feel I should point out the discrepancy, that's all. Did you ever stop to think why I only quoted those two archived posts and other posts in this thread? Ah yes, you did, you said I was "cherry picking" (direct quote).

You twisted "facts" to make it out as if I spent hours and days going through every single post.

But hey revisiting history and memories is shameful too, if it means stumbling across posts which you decided to put there.

I suppose it shouldn't bother me. My entire gameplay is probably also shameful in eyes like yours at this rate.

I will reiterate, you could have just admitted the inconsistency as a mistake or a miswording or similar yet instead decided to write walls about how you're not a cash player and you're not p2w and you don't do nanban.

Why are those things so shameful that you have to ensure everyone knows you don't do them and that if you did do cove, you didn't get anything but you also did get stuff but you just didn't get anything worth writing home about but also you did but it was only once?

I haven't heard anyone say spending money is shameful or that nanban is shameful.

I've nanbanned sometimes, I'm sorry my gameplay is something you think I should be ashamed of and that I shouldn't admit to having nanbanned, but there it is. I've done nanban.

Now that that's out of the way, maybe just admit you made a few mistakes?

Including but not limited to:

Saying you've "never gotten anything" (direct quote) from cove - when you meant to say "only got something particularly expensive once".

Calling this a "'ghost' account that was only just created yesterday" (direct quote) - I wish GAMA was just yesterday too, it was a better time for the game. I miss it.

Saying I've been twisting facts by directly quoting you - this speaks for itself.

Suggesting that nanban is shameful - how can nanbanning be shameful? People do it for fun, people do it to make money, it's a fundamental feature of the game, please don't treat me and others who nanban as if they should be ashamed of themselves for nanbanning.

Suggesting that spending money is shameful - whether it's a healthy state for the game to be in or not, people spending money is the reason we have a server. It's not something to be ashamed of.

• edited January 2023

Wow, ok, first of all I want to point out that I am just a nobody who is often mistaken as an alt of CadillacShrimpin so I want to make it clear that I am not. It does not matter though, who I am is not important because what I said was what I believed.

Per my own observation after reading all these posts and some previous, you keep saying they switched words around when all they did was get a direct quote from you, I am not sure how that can be switching words around. I do not care whether they have personal problems with you or not, they are not bringing that up but you are, and they simply are just pointing out probable flaws and contradictions in your statements. Most seem valid and warrant a proper explanation from you instead of just disregarding the flaws and calling them trolls and accusing them of switching words around, in my opinion. To me you seem to be in this illusion bubble that your posts are regarded highly among some players, unfortunately I have to tell you a bit of an insider information that it is often talked about as more of a laughing stock. No one is out to get you because they lost in game or something, so perhaps just focus on keeping the stories straight? If you think this observation of mine is just "getting caught up in this ones clear attempt at changing what was actually said", then I have no more things to tell you.

Personally I am very curious as to who in the right mind has sold Brave Pendant in company shops and why I have not seen any of them. If it was being dropped so often that it was enough to be sold in company shops, why are these now 200 ct for base? Again, who in the right mind has sold these in company shops? Did this actually happen even? And why do I still see players looking for them so badly they are willing to pay that much price, if the market was flooded enough that people desperately looked to get rid of them by selling in company shops?

Anyway, I do not know what your version of woman's intuition is but I would like to suggest that please do not use that as a valid excuse or justification for anything, in game or in real life - it makes all of us look bad.

Since you asked about the suggestions to the game, I have sent numerous tickets and discussed with CA/GM with my own ideas of improvment to the game. Over the years, I have established that they simply do not care. I have recently learned that the one and only GM, who might have actually cared and tried to help, left PapayaPlay. Most players do not seem to care either, a good example is usually seen in esf or BC rounds that people only come to make the matches as unfun as possible for the opponents with their bullshit gears that do not belong in fun pvp matches. So I stopped caring, or playing the game much in fact. And looking at the recent ESF scores, I can only believe most other ESF playing players quit playing as well. (Wasn't this what some of y'all wanted with the ways y'all played?) Why should I care about a game which developers, publishers, and players stopped caring about? I do not have such energy, so I go play other games where developers still care. Basically the only reason I still join the game is to manage my company and serve some caring players we have left.

I have made this flowchart and shared with my community of players and used it in an attempt to show the communication problems between general players and GM, but I think it is now appropriate to share it here, since GMs clearly have seen (or lied about seeing) and do not think much of it.

Back when I still cared, now I do not have enough motivation to even make such images anymore. 

• edited January 2023

I feel I should mention that the reason the first of those five points in my previous post matters is because you're implying the game is totally fine and that people just have a wrong mindset or aren't trying hard enough or are too lazy to be as successful as you.

Again that same quote from you:

"Also you are way off about about non cash players "only dreaming" about getting cash items. what a load of... I"m a non cash player and yet i'm one of the richest in the game with much of the top tier stuff and yet i've never gotten anything from cove/ct" (direct quote)

And another quote:

"Cronofox was just crying for a reset but there's many players that can't handle that some people have more than them in game so a reset is their solution lol" (direct quote)

Maybe the game and its economy and such are in an okay state for you. That's good, I'm glad you're happy and can play the game without feeling unhappy about the state it's in and that you have much of the top tier stuff and that you don't need to nanban.

Do not pretend you can speak for others.

In my humble opinion, the game has been dragged through the gutter for several miles then thrown into the nearest drain.

The game is in a terrible, terrible, terrible state.

That is my opinion.

Furthermore, back when they actually still played, almost daily from company mates I would see them talk about cash ships and items they dreamt of - sorry not even cash ships necessarily, some just wanted SSIPs to mod their FS ships, but they can't even afford those because of how expensive they were/still are, or another mate would talk about how they wanted to complete some of the legacy memorial albums but the alchemy books like uroboros going up to such ridiculous prices made that just a pipe dream. One of them today noted the irony that CTs have become the standard currency yet are seemingly difficult to find sellers of them.

You speak for these people? These dreamers?

How dare you insinuate that you know their feelings and speak for them, you don't even know them.

Some of them have nanbanned religiously (an activity you seem to think is beneath you given you repeatedly mention you don't do it), some nanbanned but less.

All of them were severely disheartened and became increasingly disinterested in the game as a result of realising how ridiculous the state of the game was and continues to be, seemingly on an ever increasingly downwards trajectory.

I don't think any of the ones I'm thinking of at the moment still play, certainly not often. Hadn't heard from them for quite some months until they popped in for Christmas wishes which was quite exciting and pleasasnt, was getting a bit worried about them up till then lol.

"never gotten anything from cove/ct" (direct quote) is a very different reality to getting two brave pendants and whatever else you got in these years, regardless of how much value you think those various items have.

This distinction matters if you're talking about the state of the game and using yourself as an example of how it is totally fine for free to play people.

It's not fine, not in my opinion and not in the opinion of those I speak/have spoken to.

This reality is quite a depressing one for me who has played for quite some time, as it is for many of my friends, just today in fact we were reminiscing about the good old days as we occasionally do, discussing some truly amazing ideas that could have been implemented but now it's far too late for. Dreaming of a future that can never be and of a past that's long gone.

That future can never be because of a few people like you who go around claiming the game is okay because it happens to suit you in particular. You need to look further than that.

Short of a UWO2 I would actually not be totally opposed to another reset, I say as myself being one of the vehement opposers of the first reset.

With the conditions that all the problems in the game as I see them are fixed of course and KOEIPaya not in the future make the same mistakes they already have.

But I know of course that won't/can't happen nor am I alone qualified to make the determination of what should be fixed and how. I do quite like dreaming though of a better UWO, maybe I'll keep doing that.

• ok here is my view,may understand, for most will only understand part of it...

UWO Real Issues:

-It Is a Old Game, Competition is constantly evolving, technically (specially when it comes to graphics, eye candy is n1 reason for a new player to want explore more, or leave it if lacking), then, lack of investment in Marketing, Advertisement and Added Value/Incentives to players (points at those complaining they not got enough Value for their money, that also apply in what i am saying that need be worked), even veterans at some point realize they better off spending their time else where, real life or other software/game.

Only solution Possible is Improve Marketing and Advertisement (although connected, they not same thing!) technically UWO is at max capacity possible in terms of graphics, and in terms of content, well, like it or not, papaya is not getting enough Financial returns to incentive enough for real development (hey whales, feel free to dump a couple of thousands monthly to change this, Every One of You!), meaning if this continue current path game is stagnant or dying, its normal from the upper reasons, and will only keep alive while they effectively getting just enough for that or by Affinity from the Bosses.

i see a lot of people pointing specific, and mostly endgame reasons "X is unfair" is this your first F2P? That does not kill a game at all.

others complain game was better "back in the days" yes, graphics were recent, that was eye candy, and additionally online gaming mentality changed significantly overall, nowadays people look more for solo play then actual multiplayer interactions, none of this can be changed, time don't go back.

I repeat the most important aspect of what can be a Real Solution, Papaya needs work on Marketing for UWO Much More, that is only way to revive it, the rest is rest.

Don't like reality? Not My Fault

FalconFarsight

• Steak you taken the context of what I've said and tried to change the meaning of it (purposeful or not), I said this is the very first sentence to you from the first post. Maybe you just didn't understand what the context was, but I've not lied or hidden any aspects of my actions. Greekmeta set the context in his first post to open the thread...

To continue with, OP ships(rowers) make FS ships and sail ships have 0 interest and a free to play player cannot compete with those beasts, skill has a less important role nowadays as 400+ crew exist and extremely OP equipment that also low budget and f2p players cannot access... Maritime overall is Pay to win!

The context that is set here is that he's frustrated at the extremely inflated prices on top gear and ships and doesn't feel there's any room for new players to become involved to play due to affordability. These are those important 12 spots if items for high end pvp play I mentioned earlier. 1 or 2 spots filled for a new player will make no real difference against full stocked vets with all 12 filled with top items. My response was that it takes alot of time but not to get frustrated it can happen ( I just recently finally got a top tier ship but it took 5 years of playing with less but still having fun in the game). In his response post he was still unclear about being successful and was still frustrated, I provided more 'detailed' specific solutions to his questions. Including the fact that he doesn't have to afford paying into cove and can make money in game in many other ways besides nanban. It was in this more detailed second post that i added All of my ships and top gear I earned paying ingame overinflated prices and I don't do nanban. The only time i ever got anything from cove was a special 'higher drop rate' special they had where I (and most people on server at that time lol) got Brave pendant. And in the context he's talking in it's fully explanitory and truthful. 92% in game and 8% from special cove. At that ratio then yes for the most part 'all' my stuff was gotten ingame especially when you calculate in the value of individual spots, what makes it truth is that i state there's a 8% variant right at the start

.In live4uwo's case, the context was extremely casual towards p2w since he just simplified the statement.

Now, game is just all about CT's trade, high tier uwc ships are selling mainly in-between those who invest large amounts of real cash because new players or no-cash players can just dream about to get them.

so in this simplified context, I gave him a more shortened version of my point. I"m a non cash player and yet i'm one of the richest in the game with much of the top tier stuff and yet i've never gotten anything from cove/ct, i buy everything in game from other people, This isn't lying or changing anything since i'm saying the same thing but leaving out the redundant info (he already knew about BP from my prior post) since it wasn't necessary. So I haven't lied at all you just don't understand context.

now in your case the context you've set is that you want to be litigious about every word "cross every 't' and dot every 'i' " so fine. I've said the same statement with the same meaning, only with exacting detail you you understand the meaning...I have said that I've never gotten any super rare drops. This is also true since in all the times that i have tried cove I didn't pull a top rare, but ofc I got other lesser stuff like low rank rares, mid range and common drops. All 3 statements say the same thing, that i've played cove casually and although have never pulled a super rare, I did get a top tier item once when it was released as a common drop, not the super rare for that one cove. So i've not lied about anything and there's been no contradiction here, all of these statements, you have taken in the wrong context and tried to twist their meaning.

As for twisting words. The i've never gotten anything from cove/ct and the First you said you did cove once for brave pendant. I addressed in the last post so i won't repeat myself. In you follow up post you made more twists.

I never called you a "lying cash spending p2w player" Although you may not have used those exact words, it's clear you are trying to structure fabricate a scenario to make it seem like it.

You keep repeating that you don't do nanban no not really, I only said it to 2 people in this thread and only repeated it once to greek because they didn't understand it the first time I said it.

Suggesting that nanban is shameful I never said nanban is shameful only that it's not the only way to make money in the game. I've even done it but would rather do other things instead (thus less than 30 runs over the past 5years). In no thread will you find me condeming nanban or trashing players for doing it. This is you twisting facts and fabricating a false state.

Suggesting that spending money is shameful I never suggested it or condemned cash spending. This is clearly yet another atempt of you twisting facts. I've very freely talked about spending money myself in many threads and have never shamed anyone for their spending.

That future can never be because of a few people like you who go around claiming the game is okay because it happens to suit you in particular.

This is your most disturbing claim as this I MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT SAY and is quite clear you NOT read anything in this thread or are just ignoring every post. The very first sentence I made in this thread to greekmeta said that! Hello, I wanted to address some of your arguments about the state of the game as you are well right to be concerned. Every post i made after was full of suggestions and helpful advice FOR non cash players and offering inspiration that goals are not impossible in this game (interesting that CPC said the exact same thing you you said nothing to her, clearly you are here to settle a person issues with me, what ever they are lol), you're whole last post was a ridiculous rant saying i'm against f2p players and was so off the wall and opposite of this whole thread lol.

Your account may not be a 'ghost' account and may have played back on gama and even posted in the old archived forum. But in the past 2 years that this new forum has been up you've not made any posts. The fact that you would come out after 2 years and try to hijack this thread with your trolling of me by arguing about such an insignificant point about wording when using cove shows you have have something personal with me.

• @calicaddy46 I can see how people would confuse your name with Caldilacshimpton but no i know you are different people, he didn't stay long on Maris and left for RL purposes. My memory might off since it was in early Maris and Gazi use to do all my shipbuilding back then but i seem to remember you after Cadilac left the game doing something like that.

The brave pendant buy from a comp shop I didn't do myself but someone from my comp at the time found one in lisbon and asked me if it was good lol. You'd be surprised at some of the stuff you can find in comp shops. Sometime when new players to the game try out cove or ct, they get items that they don't know value or importance in game about so selling in comp shop or bazzars. I've found great stuff in bazzars or shops sometimes. I've found a advance sterncastle once in a shop and a DSS in a bazzar lol. a few other nice little grabs to but you have to be lucky since items like that go fast.

As for suggestions about the game. It's good that you've made the effort to send in tickets but it's not papaya asking for advice in this thread it's greekmeta, a player who's struggling and can use good advice from experienced players like yourself and others, that's what he asked. Even you haven't posted on the forums in a long time, so i'm just surprised to see you post after so long supporting someone who's clearly using what was said in the wrong context.

• edited January 2023

"you're whole last post was a ridiculous rant saying i'm against f2p players and was so off the wall and opposite of this whole thread lol." (direct quote)

I hardly even talked about you in the last post.

I was talking about my experiences and what I see/have seen around me.

You talk about F2P players and cash players and non-cash players (whatever "cash player" means to you), while continually downplaying the value of the not 1 but 2 brave pendants, which is significant, downplaying the value of spending any money vs. spending none in the time saved and valuable or useful items (e.g. SSIP) gained (maybe they're not valuable to you but they could be to others), and downplaying those company mates' experiences and feelings (notably by not acknowledging them at all).

I just really genuinely don't feel it's a satisfactory thing to use your gameplay which is clearly quite far from an F2P player's as an example.

Another thing to consider is the timing. You said it took you 5 years, including getting those 2 pendants - and spending money on whatever else you did, even if only a little as you claim - meanwhile.

5 years is a long time, and prices on a lot of stuff only seem to continue going upwards. Further, they recently released PALA with an increase in the caps of crew and durability no?

So the highest tier will be even higher from now on, the PVPers were already saying anything below 1700 dura is a "toy" and "unusable".

The gap between low/mid tier and high tier will get even larger.

They also released those new cheminees. IMO we already had quite ridiculous cannons in the game, good to see even more are coming.

"Every post i made after was full of suggestions and helpful advice FOR non cash players and offering inspiration that goals are not impossible in this game" (direct quote)

Finally. 5 years is a long time. 5 years ago the game was in a very different state to the one it's in today.

Even with the same luck and means as you, I don't think your experiences can ever be replicable in today's environment.

I have campaigned hard with the GMs and made numerous suggestions to CA to try and help the game get to a better state, and like cali's experiences, it didn't amount to much and now months and years later the situation worsens and worsens.

• edited January 2023

Well, here is a reality you must have missed:

The developer, KOEI, publishes the game in Japan. I'll come back to this.

The lack of marketing and advertisement has been a consistent issue since Maris launched, we've complained about it with nothing done.

"papaya is not getting enough Financial returns to incentive enough for real development (hey whales, feel free to dump a couple of thousands monthly to change this. Every One of You!"

I'd like to reiterate here in case it is unclear, that KOEI are the developers, Papaya are merely publishers.

Returning to the Japan server:

Many people are under the impression that because the JP server is subscription-based rather than F2P, it is all sunshine and roses and sugarcandy mountain compared with Maris. This is far, far from the case. Over the past 10 years the JP server has gotten increasingly and dramatically more pay to win, they have had a cash shop since forever and in the past 2 years alone have quadroupled(?, can't really be bothered to check the numbers) the number of cash ships they have in their server (for example the ship in popup shop at the moment, Ocean, came on JP first, so did Savanna and Susquehana, and I'm sure the others will come too), nevermind all the cash gears. Those gears all go to the JP server before they come here, with a few exceptions.

That is not all however:

There are many other increasingly egregious problems caused by KOEI that JP players are unhappy with.

The content being delivered by KOEI in recent years is quite pitiful and totally uninspired. We're on the 14th or 15th legacy now I believe? With only more and more to come. Legacy, legacy, more legacy. The updates are practically totally devoid of any content besides legacy and grande ganador, which itself is just another throwaway grind. Trading endgame hasn't received an update in over a decade (something one of those company mates I mentioned had a wonderful idea about actually) besides rare trade goods. Sailor equipments are complained about there too as they are here.

This means more and more JP players are giving up and quitting too, their complaints also go unanswered.

To quote some of them (translated twitter posts):

"completely neglected"

"current depopulation situation"

"Don't expect much from KOEI! don't get your hopes up, I'll be happy if something good happens about once every three years"

"True innovation, the redesign of discarded content, will be favoured in the future. It's too sad you can only see the immediate money."

(The redesign of discarded/forgotten content is actually something I've felt has been needed for years so it's good to hear JP players thinking the same. In fact IMO it's probably the biggest issue with the game design for a huge number of reasons I won't go into now)

And thus KOEI's real source of income will disappear which I don't believe is us. More importantly, the JP server is KOEI's real interest.

The JP server gets so many more events than us, and more interesting, fun and detailed events, be they crossovers with other KOEI-published games, or Halloween or Christmas ones. Our Christmas events are just spend $$ to get something back.

I believe the 2021-2022 Christmas event on the JP server involved taking presents around to children in various towns around the world, that sounds wonderful. We didn't get that event.

We were supposed to get a cool Halloween event that I know a lot of people were excited for a couple of years ago, it was even announced by Papaya!

Then it was "sabotaged by mischevious imps" and instead of fixing whatever issues they thought existed or nerfing whatever rewards they didn't want to give us, they just cancelled the event entirely.

KOEI have no real interest in supporting our server, we are just a throwaway they can farm money off of while putting in as little effort as possible.

The biggest problem with the game overall (i.e. not design in particular) is KOEI, who I will remind you are the developers, the people who actually make the game/"content". Their attitude towards our server but more importantly towards the game itself, the lazy content they put out, the moneygrubbing content they put out.

The recent content isn't meant for playing, just for skipping by spending money.

They aren't interested anymore in making UWO a good game, or a game that will continue to grow, just a game that produces money while it lasts.

That means the slope only goes downwards from here, not upwards. That's the problem.

So let's return to what you said:

"papaya is not getting enough Financial returns to incentive enough for real development (hey whales, feel free to dump a couple of thousands monthly to change this. Every One of You!"

Why would people spending even more money on a terrible product encourage KOEI (the developers) to improve (their attitude and the product itself)?

It seems infinitely more likely, particularly given all the above I've mentioned, but even more so because of it and their total lack of interest in our server, that spending more money would just encourage them to continue doing nothing no?

Why should lazy and terrible development be rewarded with more money, rewarded at all in fact?

Good development should and will be rewarded with more money.

The development has to come before the reward, otherwise there will be no growth.

I mean, if they can get away with making the "Christmas" event one where people throw money at them instead of KOEIPaya giving something to us for continuing to play and support the game like other games do. It's really quite telling isn't it?

• edited January 2023

I don't think he is struggling at all, where are you getting the idea? Last time I have seen him he was either pirating or bounty hunting. He clearly is seeing the dwindling playerbase (something some of y'all will never acknowledge for some strange reasons), and is trying to share what he thinks. Plus he says "Make Papaya listen us", in which I responded, tough luck considering the efforts I have made.

Stagnation kills the game, but some people love to say the game is fine. There are passionate people out there who are trying to help with variety of ideas. But as is it is about as good as trying to send text message to a fishbowl and anticipating a response. Koei and PapayaPlay should show signs of caring about their players first, if anything good were to happen. I cannot say I have high hopes, judging by the experience I had with them over the years.

Everything I wrote here is what I observed and believed, including how I feel about your general attitude towards anyone you disagree with. That prompted me to write a reply so perhaps I could stop that, but foolish me, you do you I guess. I have no intentions to support someone else unlike how you keep saying I am, I don't care that much about other people.